5.3 Average

Island Park, Idaho

4133 Quakie Lane
Island Park, Idaho 83429

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store no
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available no
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?

Ask fellow campers about "Sawtelle Mountain Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $55.00

You are very close to Yellowstone but you pay for it. I would never recommend this campground for big rigs, we had a 26'class c with toad and could hardly get thru the maze to our site. We had an escort and he was very nice with suggestions on places to go jeep riding. We were in the area with the air force campers that are rented by active personal. Around us was also seasonal people that we seldom seen, we spent 3 nights at the campground. I would recommend this place for smaller rv's and trailers, but I did see a few big class a's in sites with trees touching them. It was full hook ups, no tv and no att. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $32.00

Very friendly and accommodating staff. The sites are spaced so that you don't feel like you are on top of you neighbor. They have picnic tables and fire rings. All sites are dirt (forest floor).

The facility is absolutely NOT big rig friendly. Roads paved and the size of golf cart paths. They are overgrown with lodgepole pine. Some corners are impossible for a big rig resulting in having to drive the wrong way through the park and through unoccupied camp spots to get out. Some sites do not accommodate multiple slides.

Satellite TV was impossible due to the thick forest. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Covered Forested
Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Great little grocery across the highway. Connie's restaurant and saloon is a good place for a beer or some food. Very friendly and helpful fly shops in the area.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $28.00

Price reflects a daily rate based on 7 days or more. Choice pull thru sites are taken by summer residents. We were in site #44: wooded, needs some trimming of branches and removal of a tree stump. If you have a big rig, only use pull thru as back large sites are limited. ATV activity was minimal. Indoor swimming pool water was cold. Indoor hot tub water was cool and tub needed cleaning. Restrooms appeared to not have any heat. Make sure you have a surge protector as lights flicker daily (thought it was us, but problem was confirmed by a summer resident). Okay for a reasonably priced base camp when visiting Yellowstone. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Motorhome.

Covered Forested

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $35.00

I tend to agree with one of the other reviews, the trees need to be trimmed. It's nice to have trees but maneuvering a large motorhome can be a problem. When leaving my space, I had to make a very sharp right turn and rake the right side of my motorhome on the tree limbs. Sites are dirt, very dusty. They have full hookups, restrooms with showers, indoor heated pool, laundry and we found the Wi-Fi to be fine. Don't be fooled by the sign on the front of the building that shows they offer cable TV, that's only for the attached hotel. They make a big point that they are very much in demand but there were lots of empty spots. At any rate, we would not return. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Motorhome.

Site 39

Featured Campgrounds Near Sawtelle Mountain Resort

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $41.00

I called ahead and explained very clearly that I have a large rig, towing a trailer (65’ overall). They assured me there would be no problem. Well, the site may have been long enough, and if I was camping in a helicopter it would have been fine. The problem is, this campground is overgrown with trees and maneuvering to a site with a big rig is impossible. Eventually they were able to accommodate me, but it took a long time and too much “explaining”. If you have a small rig and your only concern is that there be plenty of trees, you’ll like this campground. What I consider overgrown some will call ‘nicely wooded’. Wi-Fi is available only in the office. The campsites are close to the highway, but noise was never an issue. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $40.00

Lots of shade, but trees so thick not much room on either side of vehicle. Hot tub and pool were freezing cold. Wi-Fi signal so weak hardly usable. Most sites so close together no room to sit in front of RV. This is more of a sleeping spot for Yellowstone visitors than a place to spend a week. We didn't hate it, but we certainly didn't love it. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $35.00

Very wooded park. Nice hookups. Most sites are pull through. Beautiful and quiet. Close to Yellowstone. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $38.00

Great park. Heavily treed, lots of shade. Firepits and picnic tables were nice. We were here on a Monday, so it wasn't crowded. Staff was very nice. No TV channels working. Nice and quiet. Definitely would stay again! We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $32.00

The staff here was incredibly nice and you feel like you are in the middle of the forest so it's a beautiful setting at each site. But I was really disappointed in the amenities. They do have an indoor pool but unfortunately it had no water in it when we were there. It's the middle of June at Yellowstone. Isn't this peak season! They have laundry facilities but they were broken too. So I had to lug my laundry to the timeshare my brother was staying at across the street. We had to use their pool too! There is no Wi-Fi at the campsite although you can drag your computer to the office and get Wi-Fi there. My wireless card did work fine at the campsite. One of the showers was missing a shower curtain and unfortunately it was right in front of the door so if you were getting dressed and someone opened the door, the whole world could see you naked. Come on -- a shower curtain would cost maybe $10! And my shower water wasn't even hot although my daughter says hers was hot but she complained about the number of spiders in her shower. She never took a shower for the rest of the trip outside of our RV after this one. If you don't care about amenities, this is an okay place to stay at a reasonable price. But this was our vacation and I was disappointed because I expected what I saw on their advertisements. We wouldn't stay again. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2006 - $26.00

Although the sites were plenty long, the turns were very tight with a ton of trees every where. Had it not been that this campground was almost empty I don't think I would have got out with out damage to my rig. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2006 - $36.00

First we made reservations for five sites for a family reunion and they were to all be together. When we arrived we were all separated all around the park. We were told they had cable but got three channels that were very static and they said that was normal. We were told they were Good Sam and had signs for Good Sam but on arrival we were told they were no longer Good Sam and gave no discount. They have been doing that for quite a while from what people in the area told us. Attitude of people working there was atrocious and they were very rude. Restrooms were not clean. I would not recommend them to anyone. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2005 - $26.00

It looked it could be nice but had severe problems with organization and communication. We arrived at about 9pm. The receptionist was friendly and told us that the cable TV was not working. Also, the Wi-Fi was not yet working. Apparently the park had just been taken over by new ownership. The site was narrow, very unlevel and difficult to get into with out 28' motorhome. Water pressure was very low and we needed to leave our pump on. In the morning we found out the hard way that there was no water in the bath house. Apparently, the water had been all turned off. When my wife asked about this, she was treated like some idiot for not knowing water is turned off at that time of year. (Actually is was the only park without water that we encountered in our two week trip!) So, no cable TV, no water and no discount!! We suggest this park is avoided until the new owner gets his/her act together. We are newbies at RVing. I am embarrased to admit that the sewer hose popped off while dumping at this park. However, given this was by far the worst park on our trip, if it had to happen, so be it. We camped at Sawtelle Mountain Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sawtelle Mountain Resort

Are you affiliated with Sawtelle Mountain Resort ?