9.5 Excellent

• Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Gym/Workout Facilities Gym/Workout Facilities yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Mountain Home RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $41.00

This park is handy off I-84. Sites are wide and level. Sites in the original section of the park are treed. Numerous sites have been added to the park and work very well for big rigs. Utilities are good. We arrived late and were shown to our site which was helpful. They have a wide entrance drive and also a nice dog park close to the office. We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Motorhome.

Restaurants and gas are within 2 miles of the park.

JDR

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $43.00

This is a great park. The sites are long and have grass between. They are easy to get into and long enough. The staff is helpful and friendly. The new area has grass and rock between but still very nice spaces. We arlways enjoy our stay. We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Asphalt

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $40.00

We will always return to stay here if near by. My only new comments to review readers: there are trees and then there are no trees. In the heat you might like the very shady area. But you may have to forgo your satellite. The new section is not shady at all. Plus it is a long walk to the 8 bathrooms/showers. I believe they need a set of showers and toilets in the rear of the park. Tengo internet which is their internet source is terrible. Bring your own hotspot. We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $39.00

What a nice oasis for a 3-day stop through the high desert sage steppes of Idaho. Easy access from Interstate, but far enough away that there is no significant noise. Only a handful of year-round or seasonals, but they are all well-kept. Paved, very wide roads in park and fairly spacious and well manicured, well maintained sites. If you can, try to get site in the older section of park, especially in summer, as it has large mature trees that provide much needed shade. New expansion area very nice too, but no shade at all. Nice private bathroom/shower rooms, nice laundry, great staff that were very responsive. Nice pool too, with 8-10 pm adult only hours, a nice touch. Very good cable TV, as well as OTA TV. Wifi was adequate, Verizon service very good. They do accept mail for guests. Would definitely stay here again if in area. We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Not a lot to do in Mountain Home for our tastes, but the Word Center for Birds of Prey in Boise worth a stop, followed by drive to National Raptor Conservation Area along stunning Snake River Gorge. Smokey Mountain Pizza down road from RV Park was pretty good.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Home RV Park

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $41.00

Nice park, roomy site and roads. Well kept and clean. Nice dog park. We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $44.00

Excellent in all respects. Have stayed at this park before and would again. Nice dog run area. We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $44.00

Can't say enough about this park. Lots of grass and trees, wide level spaces, swimming pool, big fenced dog play area, and so quiet! We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $44.00

Stayed two nights. Spacious well maintained park. Good satellite access and good internet. Didn't use any of the facilities or amenities. We'd stay here again. Pay attention when arriving. We almost missed the entrance to the park. We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Motorhome.

site number 60

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $44.00

I actually agree with all of the raving reviews below, as it pertains to the original part of this park. However, they recently expanded the park, doubling the number of sites. Two problems: First, they did not add any more amenities, so still only 8 bathrooms and a tiny pool that was so packed that no one could move the day I went over there. Second, the new sites, while just as wide and long and modern as the old ones, have zero shade, and the nice grassy area has been replaced by gravel, with a narrow strip of ornamental grass. I also believe there are some electrical issues due to the expansion. I arrived on a typical Mountain Home august day (HOT!) at about 2 pm. My coach was 85 degrees inside, and I turned on the air immediately. Within an hour, it was 92 in there, and that's where it stayed until about 8 pm. After that, it cooled off in an hour or two. I had stayed in the same climate the night before (up near Boise), and this did not happen that day. I imagine that's why people were packing the pool, too. So as nice as it is, I would only recommend this park in the summer if they will guarantee you one of the shady spots in the old area. Other than that, the customer service was unprofessional in the office, but great from the guy who brought me to my site. When I went in, there were three ladies behind the desk. Not one of them acknowledged me, and they were all playing this game with each other, trying to look busy so someone else would have to help me. After a few minutes, one of them looked at me as if she just noticed me and said, "Have you been helped yet?" She then proceeded to check me in, but took her time about it, stopping to chat with the other ladies about an unrelated matter. Wifi was good, Verizon worked great, and there is a decent lineup of cable channels. We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $45.00

This is a beautifully maintained full service campground. There are trees, a pool and hot tub, and excellent individual shower rooms. We pulled in and had time to enjoy the pool before having to get out due to a lightning storm heading that way. We showered in the individual shower rooms, which had bath mats provided. The storm became intense later that night, with strong winds and a power outage. The next morning the campground staff were picking up leaves and small branches that had blown down. I didn't see any large limbs that had broken - just a lot of little stuff. We enjoyed our stay, and would highly recommend stopping at Mountain Home RV Park if you are in the area. We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $13.00

Very nice park! It should be mandatory for all park owners nationwide to have to visit this place as an example of a model park. The only complaint I can come up with is lots of birds hopping and pooping on your roof.
Mountain Home (IMHO) does not get the same rave review. Hot in the summer and cold in the winter. We could not find one good restaurant in the area, and besides Walmart shopping is non existent. If you don’t fish or grow potatoes there is virtually nothing to do here. The town seems to be economically challenged and run down. After traveling the nation for years we could not understand how or why anyone not in the air force would live here. As nice as the park is we would highly recommend passing this area by. Sorry locals. We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $44.00

Park's power kept tripping my surge protector. Manager talked to me like I was stupid not the parks fault. Finally transferred to another place no further issues. Showers & toilets hot - no air. Restaurant open only on Thursday Friday and Saturday. Website doesn't say that. Trees to close to open awnings. Will never go back. We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Motorhome.

A7

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $37.00

The BEST RV park we visited on our 2-month trek in Pacific NW. Beautiful grounds, friendly desk and support staff. Only stayed one night due to travel demands but would have enjoyed extended stay. We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $35.00

This campground is pretty. The sites in the front have large lots with manicured grass between each site and nice tall trees for shade. The sites in the new section in the back have young trees so there isn't any shade and they have gravel between the sites instead of grass. The pool and hot tub are nice. There is a nice big grassy fenced dog park. I loved the rose garden up at the front entrance. The only thing is the internet was awful. It was Tengo, and when we logged in, it says "this location has a fixed data speed of 6Mbps down and 1.5 Mbps up." but we were seeing speeds closer to .22 down and .26 up. It couldn't even get our email so we gave up and used our cell phones as hot spots. It is too bad - if this campground had fast internet I would love to stay here for a while. The campground is pretty and there is a Walmart right across the street. The bathrooms were really big and clean individual rooms with a toilet and shower all in one room. The laundry room was big and clean, too. We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $41.00

Very nicely landscaped and well maintained park. I would stay here again if in the area. Used this location to see Sun Valley, Boise and Twin Falls. WiFi - good signal; T-Mobile - 2 of 4 bars; Electric - no issues; Water - no issues; Sewer - no issues; Satellite - no issues, fenced dog area with grass, level site. We camped at Mountain Home RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Home RV Park

Are you affiliated with Mountain Home RV Park ?