5 Average

Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping)

Rexburg, Idaho

5362 S Yellowstone Hwy 191
Rexburg, Idaho 83440

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $35.00

We stayed here five nights. The new owners (about 6 months) are doing their best to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. As it stands now, the sites are VERY close together, hard to get in and out (but getting better), not enough gravel and dirt (mud when it rains) tracks into the RV very easily. The main reason I picked it is because of the location. The new owners are great. Friendly and helpful. The have Cottages for rent as well. Rest Rooms are a pleasant surprise, one of the improvements they have done. Would I stay here again? Maybe. We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $46.00

It's a no frills park just off the highway. People were friendly but the prices don't match the amenities. They do have pull-through sites which we always appreciate, but they're very close to each other, just off the interstate, and fairly short. Our water connect had a leak on their end which is a shame. Seems it may be a reoccurring issue based on the duct tape around others water sources. Felt like I was in someone's yard for the most part. None of this is a deal breaker -again, just not worth the price. Bathroom's were lackluster and there are a good amount of longterms. I was able to connect to WIFI in the evening. We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Travel Trailer.

pull through
Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $40.00

I need to disclose that I am not a fan of RV parks. When I camp for the enjoyment of camping it's in Forrest Service campgrounds or State Parks. When I'm traveling however, I frequently succumb to the convenience and comfort of an RV Park or Resort. I found myself wanting to use Rexburg, Idaho as a base camp so I could explore the area. After reviewing each of the offerings in the area it looked like Sheffield RV was my best bet. Unfortunately their website wasn't working and (I later found out that because my phone had Caller ID turned off) their phone didn't work. After a fair amount of web searching I learned that the name had changed to Snake River Hideout. I was able to book five nights in a full hookup site on line, with two of them at half price with the help of my Passport America membership. If you are looking for a quiet, clean place to spend nights this place is great. Most of the pull through sites are pretty close together although they are quite wide and they don't have picnic tables or fire pits. There are however public wood and propane fire pits and picnic tables available. The back in sites for the most part are more spacious and have water and electric with some picnic tables. There seems to be a mix of seasonal, full time, and overnight campers as well as temporary and full time cabins. I felt very comfortable and secure in my surroundings and even with a little highway noise slept very well. In the evening after my days explorations it's very pleasant to stroll around the grounds with my two dogs experiencing the displays of antique machinery and vehicles. There are also several berry and vegetable patches as well as fruit trees to discover and enjoy. At the time of this writing it is late July and everything is becoming ready to sample. I highly recommend Snake River Hideout RV for a comfortable, safe, and inexpensive overnight stay. WiFi is excellent and free. The electric, water, and sewer were close enough to use my short cord/hoses. When you call from the gate to check in, make sure that Caller ID on your phone is not blocked. We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Motorhome.

Pull throughs

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $20.00

This is a small 25 site Passport America Park. You get the PA rate of $20 Per night. We needed 3 nights so 3rd was at $40. Sites are decent size, gravel with grass in between, FHU 30 & 50, there is a small laundry room. Lots of shade as there are trees all over. It is not far from road, but we didn't hear any road noise, friendly staff. There are some permanents living here but park is clean & well kept, under new ownership. They also have some cabin rentals. We are staying here a few days as it's not far from Mesa Falls Would stay here again if in area. We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Grass

It is close to Mesa Falls.

Featured Campgrounds Near Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping)

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $32.00

Take exit 328 off highway 20. Our GPS for large rv access did not recognize rv access. Rate reflects passport america for 50 amp plus some sort of summer addition. We were able to get in latter part of August due to emergency truck repair and were able to stay for a week. Staff very friendly and helpful. No WIFI or cable but antenna TV and Verizon Data plan. Most sites are very narrow and no shade. Old building had one washer, dryer, men and women toilet, and a pay shower. We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Fifth Wheel.

a
Grass

We enjoyed touring bear country just across highway 20. We took free courtesy vehicle since our truck was in the shop. Just happened to tour after the feeding tour vehicle and got to see the bears approach the feeding truck. They also have an animal petting area and some rides.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $42.00

We called last minute for a reservation. Apparently, a popular spot. We were able to get a two night stay only because no vacancies after that even though we wanted 3 nights. Fairly tight interior roadways but we managed to get to our site, #15, a long pull thru with FHU and only 30A (no 50A at this site). Site was fairly level with gravel bed. This is a Passport America campground but was charged a $15 premium for an extra long pull thru site. Not stated at PA website. Park is hidden with poor directions at PA website. From Idaho Falls, find Idaho 20 east bound (PA website indicates 20 north, but the road is an east/west road, not north/south). You are actually heading north. Exit 328, turn right, cross railroad tracks, turn right again. As road Y's, remain to the right. As road begins to turn to the left, stay right across a small bridge. You should see a sign pointing to the right for RV park. At the stop sign on entrance road, a sign requests you call one of two numbers upon arrival. We were guided to our camp site. With premium fee for long pull thru, our nightly fee was about $43/night. Tree-lined park. Owners are very friendly. Fairly close to Idaho 20, so road noise can be heard. Not too intrusive though. We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Motorhome.

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested
Tight Turns

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $23.00

Stayed here in a 34' toy hauler. We were put on a spot with the power/water opposite our connections. The site had no sewer connection. There were sites we could have moved to the next day with full connections but I won't move once put in.

This may be good for a stop over but there is nothing to do at the park and the kids (two boys 8 &12) had nothing to do there but play with the neighbor's dog.

A few full time people at the park. The staff is very friendly and helpful and will do everything to help a person out. We stayed here for 4 nights visiting national monuments and parks around the area. Rexburg is about 4 miles away and has everything a person needs for supplies/repair and entertainment. We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Travel Trailer.

C

My boys enjoyed EBR-1 Nuclear Museum, the best of all the places we visited. It was my second at the museum. Craters of the Moon is also pretty cool with cave walks. YellowStone is 1.5 hours drive which was not bad.

Maps on my iPhone was off on the directions but we could see the park from highway 20 and navigated to it just fine.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $32.00

This park has easy access off the highway but is nestled among a lot of trees for privacy. The site was clean, and we had plenty of room. There are nice comfortable shady spots and abundant green landscaping. It was peaceful and quiet but children are definitely welcomed here. We enjoyed the park staff very much because they were friendly, available and very accommodating. We loved this place! We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

This RV park is centrally located to many fun and exciting places. Great fishing, on the Snake River 3 miles away. Harriman State Park, a nice day trip 52 miles away. Jackson Hole, another exciting day trip. Excellent eating either in Rexburg or in near by Idaho Falls. Bear World is 3 1/2 miles away. Many fun things nearby for children and teens to do such as Squeeler's Fun Park, Rexburg Rapids and The Escape House all within minutes of this RV park.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $25.00

Located next to Hwy 20 and railroad tracks. However, the noise level isn't bad at all. Only one train has come through in 4 days. There are trees in the park for some sites. However, the pull troughs are open and you can receive satellite. There are many artifacts that are worthy of photographing around the park and the landscaping is pretty. The office and store is stocked with all kinds of interesting items for sale including a gun shop and ammunition. Internet, is intermittent from the pull through lots. The signal is strong if you go next to the owner's residence. We would stay here again. Received a weekly discount $160.00. We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Motorhome.

Rexburg is a short drive to the east with good shopping including a Walmart. A 27 hole golf course is just east of Rexburg. The greens are somewhat small and course management is a must. The drive to Mesa Falls and Harriman State Park and the Henry Fork of the Snake River is beautiful. Strongly recommend that you visit both.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $25.00

This campground is okay for an overnight stop. The sites are very close together and it could be difficult to maneuver in a larger rig (we have a 31 ft. 5th wheel). People were very friendly and they do check with you to make sure you got into your site okay. The price was higher than were originally quoted. We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $18.00

The owners were great. They showed us to our site and came back later to make sure everything was ok. The atmosphere with old things all over the park was real cool. There r 3 buildings made of stone taken from his fathers place 120 years old. We would stay there again. Check out their gift shop. We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Travel Trailer.

17 pull thru

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $23.00

This place is a poor excuse for a campground. The tree branches scraped my MH coming in, then you are parked in a cow pasture and no one is around until you are hooked up then the owner comes by to collect and the price keeps going up. This place is a rip off and needs to be removed from Passport America. We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Motorhome.

Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $17.00

Not really Big Rig Friendly, the sites are on dirt in the sun, narrow, looking at a barn and a discarded washer. This is in PA book. No tables, no outside sitting. No one here when we got here. Called and was told which site to take. We planned to stay one night only, otherwise we would have pulled out. This RV Park seems to be an after thought of a farmer. We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $23.00

No one was available to help me find my space for my big rig - It fit but it was very disconcerting. My door from my RV was about 4 feet or less from the next door neighbor. They said they had 50 ampere power but it was extra. There were no picnic type tables or any type of amenity like that available. I got the impression that the owner and his wife were not really interested in anything but getting their money. I told them that I was dissatisfied with the site and wanted to leave within five minutes of their arrival to my site. They were only interested in the money and made it very clear that they were going to charge me the full amount if I drove away. I should have done that and regret the fact that I didn't. I would not recommend this park to anyone. Pulling over to the side of the road would be better and save you the $23.00. I used my PPA. I really thought I was going to a great place when I read their website. Buyer beware! We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $1.00

We saw this park listed in Passport America and tried to call them before going. No answer! We decided to give it a try anyway, and it is definitely NOT a "big rig friendly" park. We managed to squeeze our 40' motorhome and tow car through the very narrow, rock- & tree-bordered roads. We did not see any site that would accommodate our rig. We found the exit and went elsewhere. We camped at Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping)

Are you affiliated with Snake River Hideout (formerly Sheffield RV & Camping) ?