Benton KOA

Benton, Illinois

1500 North DuQuoin Street
Benton, Illinois 62812

• Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar yes
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Benton KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $50.00

Called ahead 3 hours to ensure a Pull thru with full hook-ups was available since I needed to do laundry and wanted to ensure the 2 A/C units were able to keep up with the humidity and temperature for me and my 2 dogs. I can't say enough good things about the management and efforts they put into this campground. Upon arrival the attendent took me for a tour of the property and presented me with homemade fresh cookies made in-house. You can also order homemade ribs etc if you order a few hours in advance for lunch or dinner. It appears a lot of infrastructure and $ was put into this campground with some really nice touches; new level gravel pads, electrical outlets appear to be new, sewer and water hookups were in excellent condition. The parking next to the pond was far enough away from HWY51 that I could hardly hear any road noise. You can see that the owners put a lot of time and effort into making it a very custom experience. (Nice catch and release pond) Too bad I didn't have a fishing pole since that morning I noticed fish jumping in the pond. Playgrounds and cartoon character signs through-out the CG. I will definitely use this as a stop-over in the future. We camped at Benton KOA in a Motorhome.

P68
Gravel, Grass

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Best place in the park is on the Pond side, very quiet, level and lots of room. This side has a nice community fire ring, kids area to play, and small cabins.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $50.00

Nice site, within a mile of shopping, gas, and restaurants. Friendly staff. Pet friendly. The park is split by the main road and we stayed in the part that has the pond (left side coming in). The sites were spacious and clean as were the grounds. I really liked the landscaping around the pond and how the sites on that side were organized. We camped at Benton KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $45.00

We enjoyed our stay last year enough to stay again this year. We had a level, FHU, pull through site with cable TV. The Wi-Fi was adequate for our minimal (e-mail and web surfing) needs. The bathrooms and laundry were clean. We camped at Benton KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $46.00

Very friendly & helpful. Great for one night stop. We camped at Benton KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Benton KOA

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $37.00

It's winter and we needed a place to wait out the snow storm. We had a big pull through site that was easy to get in and out. 2 sections of the campground straddle the main road. We were on the west side, with sites arranged around the pond. This place would be very nice in summer. Only issue is the entrance off the road... short steep hump in the road; we had to pull in at an angle to keep from dragging the rear of the motorhome. Nice little campground store; they even offered to deliver food to our site. But we travel with way too much food already! We camped at Benton KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $40.00

Greeted warmly although I was early for my reservation because of time zone. Escorted to my site. TV was fuzzy on some channels, but overall good. Adjacent to I 55 so lots of traffic noise and trains. We camped at Benton KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Walmart at exit off I55 to shop before you park. US Post Office on side street enroute to KOA.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $39.00

Nice campground with very friendly staff. Even have a small kitchen that delivers sandwiches, etc. Our site was a pull through and level. I was concerned that our site was in an area that was down hill next to a stream and we were expecting rain. That said, the site area drained well and no issues were had. We travel with a dog so we found the dog park very small and limited space to walk around campground. Did walk on road next to campground but not recommended. There is a second part of campground across the street from where we were and may be more long term folks around a pond area. We knew nor were informed of this option when we arrived. Our site was close to tree hedges that appeared adjacent to I-57 and there was much road noise. Next time I would check on other side of road. We camped at Benton KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $43.00

The Benton KOA is pretty nice, very clean with long, spacious, pull-through sites available. Double check your route with Apple Maps, Google Maps or even a paper map - I have no idea where the RV GPS was going to take me. No need to unhook tonight. Sites have a fire ring, picnic table and BBQ. There is nice partial shade but this affected my Dish. No worries, they have a 60-channel cable line-up. I chose just to use OTA and got 13 hi-def channels which is good enough for over-night. Although there is a "green buffer" between the park and I-57 there is some road noice. I can't hear it inside the house and its not enough to bother me if I were sitting outside - but, some people get pretty bothered. The wifi is really good as is my Version signal. The park has a nice looking pool as well as a good children's playground, catch and release fishing pond and enclosed dog park. Laundry, showers, bathrooms available but can't comment. They also also a delivery menu - I had a pulled smoked chicken sandwich basket with onion rings and a 4-piece chicken strip - $13.05 - I spent more at McDonald's the other day. It was pretty darn good and they deliver to your site. Only saw a small portion of Benton as we drove through but seemed like a clean city with lots of dining options. Also saw a sign for the "antique district." This KOA would be good for a few days or excellent over-night. the rate for a pull-through, 50-amp full-hook-up was $43.20. We camped at Benton KOA in a Motorhome.

Some Shade, Mostly Shady
2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

We haven't been to this park since last millennium. For years we passed on it because other parks had cable TV and/or satellite friendly sites. Now that they have cable TV and our "go to" park in Effingham no longer has cable, we decided to give this KOA a try. The site (FHU, pull-through) was fine as was the Wi-Fi for our minimal (e-mail and surfing) needs. Since it is still preseason and the pool is not open yet, I thought the rate was a bit high. We camped at Benton KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $36.00

Great staff and clean facilities. My only complaints were tight turns and sites too close. We camped at Benton KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed in the newer section of the KOA. There is a fairly busy street that separates the older campground (where the store and pool are located) from the new section. The bad news is that the new section is located directly next to a construction site, so Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. you hear (and see) excavators and heavy equipment running. You also hear noise from a nearby train and road noise from the highway. We had a back in site with brand new gravel which made it more difficult to back into. On the plus side, there is a decent size catch and release pond in the new section and we caught several nice catfish. They also offer paddleboat rentals. There were two restrooms/showers that appeared to be new and were cleaned daily, however the floors become wet after someone takes a shower, so be careful. Also, the toilets need to be flushed several times before they actually flush. The owners are nice and helpful. If we come back to the area, we would stay at one of the Rend Lake COE campgrounds instead. We camped at Benton KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

P74

Walmart is close by. Pizza Hut delivers to your site. Rend Lake is just a few miles away and their visitor center is large and informative.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $48.00

We picked Benton KOA for an overnight stop because it offered cable and we wanted to watch the season opening game for our favorite college team while traveling. Not usually a fan of KOA's from previous experiences and still not although this campground was "OK". The facilities were all clean but the grounds looked like they could use some TLC. Our site was near the highway, so there was a lot of road noise. At least we had our AC running and drowned it out. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Convenient for overnight stay, but we thought it was a bit overpriced. We camped at Benton KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $48.00

We stayed here for the eclipse last year. Many more people went further south as I-57 was a parking lot with people going back north. This KOA has many amenities including food such as chicken wings delivered to your site for a fee of course. The camp store is well stocked with souvenirs and camping supplies. The restrooms and showers were clean. The fishing pond is located across the road if you parking on the main lot. We did not use the pool but many people did and it appeared to be well maintained and clean. The owners also cut hair in the camp store. The only problem would be you have to back track and navigate through town to get here but don't let this deter you for making this home base during an extended stay as we did. For the cachers, there are tons of caches around the lake but we cached Memphis and the American Pickers store. We spent a whole day in here caching and walking around the city. Chester Ill. is home town for Popeye and the only Popeye Store in the world with many great caches. We camped at Benton KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

We were fortunate enough to stay in the newer pull in sites across the road from the campground. Much quieter on that side. Still need grass. Wifi unable to be accessed from our site. Verizon good. Owners friendly. Stayed during eclipse so campground was busy and full at all times. Close to highway, Walmart and fuel stations. We camped at Benton KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Town of Benton has nice antique malls on the square. Walmart and Rural King nearby. Number of restaurants and fuel stations in the area.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $43.00

We have stayed at this KOA before. Very nice place. They now have opened up a new section, but it is across the road from the main campground. When you are coming to this KOA, call ahead and find out which side of the road your campsite is. It will save you a drive though the main camp if you are across the road. The new section is P-57 - P-75. Roads are packed gravel and easy enough to navigate with a class A. There are tent sites and cabins at this KOA. There is a nice camp store on site. Also free cookies on check in and escort to site. Food can be delivered to site by on site camp restaurant or local restaurants. FHU's good. Verizon and T-Mobile 4g signals. Park has many trees, satellite reception by roof top unlikely. Park has good digital cable with many channels. Propane on site, easy pull up. Nice park for an overnight or a few days. We camped at Benton KOA in a Motorhome.

P-69

Call ahead to find out which side of the road you are on, since the camp is on both sides of the street. Will save you a drive around the camp in case you turn the wrong way.

Featured Campgrounds Near Benton KOA

Are you affiliated with Benton KOA ?