4.3 Poor

Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park)

Joliet, Illinois

2303 New Lenox Rd
Joliet, Illinois 60433

• Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $35.00

Lot of full time older RVs. They did have an evening BBQ that we were invited to. Puppy running loose and we asked a coupe guys if they knew who's, one guys said his. They came to get the puppy and started giving my dog a vet check, trying to look at his teeth. in his ears, etc. Only spent one night passing through. We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $33.00

Perfect for an overnight stay west of Chicago off interstate 80. Helpful staff saved me a satellite friendly pull through when I called that morning. Gravel roads with sun and shady spots. Lawn was neatly trimmed. Easy check in. We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $35.00

We wanted to stay close to Chicago for four nights to attend a wedding. This campground would not take a reservation until the day before we wanted to arrive. Then, they charged a $35 fee to make a reservation and the fee was NOT offset against the cost of the stay. We were given a very small site for our 40' motor home. When we hooked up, we noted that the voltage on both legs of our 50 amp service was 110 or less. I saw 105 at one point. After a half hour with one A/C on, our breaker started to blow. Since we planned to stay for four nights and it was very hot, we couldn't handle the situation so we left. On the plus side, they did not argue with us about the quality of the electrical service and gave up a full refund. There are a lot of long term residents at the campground and their sites are not well maintained. The campground is open to all the noise from I-80. The name of the campground is now "Martin's Camping Ground." We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $35.00

Highway noise will keep you up all night. Bathroom and shower area needs to be remodeled. We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt

Featured Campgrounds Near Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park)

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $32.00

We just stopped here overnight on our way east and I am glad that we only stayed overnight because I wouldn't want to be here for two nights. Very little improvements have been done in this park, just a grass area with hookups and poor gravel roads. Even the office is in poor shape. Grass has grown up about a foot high around a lot of the campers which means that they are there long term, mostly people that work in the area. I definitely wouldn't want to stay here again. We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Grass

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $35.00

This is not a campground. This is a transient facility for tradesmen, i.e. pipeline workers, carnies, etc.

Some people live here year round, by the looks of the sites and campers.

No restrictions on how old your rig is.. bring in your beast.

Rates to me are too high. take it or leave it attitude.

$700 a month for 50 amp with Water and sewer.

Gossipy workers/owners. People come in all hours of the night.

You will get a tongue lashing if you go over the speed limit of 10 MPH.

No campfires. No ice. Very cramped conditions. Many run down sites.

I-80 Road noise 24/7. No buffer for noise control.

I needed this facility as a place to stay while on contractual work in the area.

Otherwise, I would avoid. We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Motorhome.

1 thru 80
Gravel, Grass

New Lenox is closest town, east of campsite by 2 mi. Has any type of shopping / eating available, local events and seasonal things like a Farmers market, etc.

Martin is next to industrial park. nothing around.

Facility is on well water. Bring a filter.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $42.00

This park has very unlevel, very close, sunny/open grass only sites. Very rude people as well as workers living there. Not worth the time or money to put up with drunks throwing things. Very scared! It was better to leave. We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Motorhome.

Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $28.00

This park is old, but the staff tries to keep it working and the grass mowed :). It is very close to I-80, many sites are not level, and the park is full of pipeline workers staying for several months - they were very friendly though. We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $30.00

Martin’s has been for sale for several years. While it lasts, it is the best option for a full-hookup campground near Chicago and its south suburbs. The utilities are well maintained and the grass is cut, but it is definitely not a luxury campground. Many of the sites are less than level. At the time of our stay, the campground was full due to the presence of pipeline workers who were engaged in a local project. This necessitated that we take a site without sewer until a full-hookup site was available. The owner was very helpful in meeting our needs. While a really good overnight stop just off I-80, it is less inviting for longer stays. We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $35.00

We stayed here for four days. Not a bad park, family owned and very friendly. Sites where rock, but level. Very dog friendly, even watched over our dog when we had to leave her for a few hours. Owners where very helpful. This is an older park and yes it needs some upgrades. But all in all we would return and stay again, We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $30.00

We stopped here over night. This is an old, poorly maintained park with a lot of road noise from I-80. It had rained the night before and there was quite a bit of mud. It certainly was not worth the price we paid and I would not stop here again. We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $30.00

I stayed here for about 6 weeks while working in the area. Staff was polite and grounds were kept mowed and clean at all times. It is not a fancy park and they have very few amenities or things to do in the park for children. The have a lot of overnight traffic due to location as well as the limited number of RV parks in the Chicago area. The only thing that I did not like, was the highway noise which was quite loud. We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $36.00

A place to overnight on I-80. The road noise is bad. Utilities were okay. We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $34.00

As others have said this is just a place to stay slightly better than parking in a shopping center. The road noise is always there as your right up to I-80 and the truck noise is non stop. The price is extremely high for what you get, but the 50 amp power is good and the Wi-Fi seems strong. The sites are dirt and if it rains,they could turn muddy. The grass was long, but they have had a lot of rain in the past few weeks. The place still has the for sale sign hanging out front, but doesn't look like it has changed owners. We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $32.00

This campground is for sale to settle an estate. As a consequence, no one really cares about the niceties of making you feel as though you would like to return. It is way over-priced for what is offered and you will find no bargains here. Grass is on the long side where I parked but they were mowing out on the flats today. Weekly rate is $4.00 off the daily rate for 7 days: whoopee! I find that the road noise from the I-80 is tolerable: I have stayed in places where the road noise was far worse. I'm here to visit family and friends before heading south for the winter. It will do in a pinch but I'm afraid this place is history because the "For Sale" sign mentioned acreage... not an RV Park... for sale. We camped at Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park)

Are you affiliated with Martin Campground (formerly Martin Camper Park) ?