3.5 Poor

Scottsburg, Indiana

822 S Gardner St.
Scottsburg, Indiana 47170

• Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station no
  • Group Camping Group Camping no
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot no
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • WiFi WiFi no
  • Camp Store Camp Store no
  • Playground Playground no
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Ashmoor Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $20.00

I was hesitant about staying here after the only other review was very negative. I found some reviews on other sites that changed my mind since it was just for an overnight. It is owned/ran by an elderly couple that seemed very honest and hardworking. There had been a lot of rain lately and they wanted to be sure that my 45 would not make ruts or get muddy. The wife and a permanent resident took their time to lay large squares of plywood for turning into the site under my back wheels. They also where there first thing in the morning to use them on my exit. Great service! Is is mostly permanent residence but very clean and friendly. $20 cash only for payment. Very convenient to interstate. We camped at Ashmoor Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $25.00

Everyone should avoid this campsite unless you are in dire need of rest. When you first pull up and are in front of the office there is this large mass of wood and trash that surround the stop sign. I thought that was a little strange. After getting past that, I walking into the office/laundry room which was filled with filthy junk. Upon waiting for one of the owners, outside I noticed sticks and bleach bottles hung everywhere inside and around the traffic cones that line the small roadway's inside the campground. I made the comment to my husband that it looked like something from the Blair Witch movies. The reason for the one star stems from the woman that owns the place. She is extremely rude and has no knowledge of how to help or talk to people. Our rig is 40ft. While the lots are fairly sizable, getting to them can be a little tricky. The awful lady owner that supposedly "helped" us had no idea how to guide us into the site. She had us going around the the drive (which is quite narrow) to get us into the spot she chose for us, all the while yelling at us in a very mean tone about what to do. I told my husband we could have done a better job if she'd would have just stayed out of it. I was so annoyed at the lady owner, I was asking my husband to just leave. Then the man that owns/runs the place showed up. He got us safely into the space. If it wasn't for that/him we would have left. I was so upset about how the lady owner treated us that I couldn't wait to leave this campground. I will say that once we were parked and setup, the grounds were okay. Nice shade trees and picnic tables. Even with the few things that we thought were amiable, they are not enough to compel us to ever go back again!! We camped at Ashmoor Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

B4
Gravel, Grass

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near Ashmoor Campground

Are you affiliated with Ashmoor Campground ?