Terre Haute KOA

• Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Terre Haute KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $47.00

Nice park. A little difficult to get to (about 4 miles) after getting off I-70. Staff was great. The on-site cafe has good food. Our site was level but the water spigot was on the opposite side (shared with the site adjoining) Would stay there again. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Check the router the campground on google maps before going.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $45.00

Decent place. but the route in, is long and confusing, and involves TWO traffic circles. Our updated GPS couldn't figure it out. Google maps works. Yes, it is just off I-70, but you must travel almost 4 miles to get to it. Really difficult at night. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $74.00

This is an attractive, smaller KOA. We stayed in a "Super Deluxe Patio Site" - which comes with a nice patio for $74, there is a 10% Good Sams discount off of that rate. Our site was very nice with a concrete pad - other gravel sites are available for less money. The dog park is rock/pebbles as opposed to grass, and small. I didn't see any/many long term residents here and the park is visually appealing. There is a small restaurant attached to the office. We ate dinner at the restaurant and it was OK - basic hamburger type fare. A large number of flavors of ice cream is also available. Uniquely, there are two donkeys at this park in a "petting zoo" type environment - that appealed to my wife. We stayed here 2 nights and I would certainly return. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $70.00

Stayed just 1 night with no reservation. Only site available was the super premium site. Level concrete pad with large concrete patio area. Round table with umbrella & 4 large chairs. Nice fire pit we didn't use since it close to 90/90, temperature & humidity. Hook ups well place & worked fine. For 1 night we didn't hook sewer up but our site had 2 sewer connections making it easy to hook sewer up wherever it's located on your RV. Wifi worked, also good AT&T cell service. Did not hook up cable. Staff was friendly & professional. One oddity was getting one of their freshly made cookies. You had to bring the park map they give you when checking in to the office to get a cookie. I was in the office buying ice & asked for a cookie. I was told I would have to walk back to my RV, get my map, walk back to the office to get 1 cookie. I don't mind walking, I usually walk around the campground to check it out, but this just seemed silly to me. As always, KOA pricing is high & campgrounds are set up for family's. Lots of activities here including a small animal petting area. Pool was clean inviting. It was dry when we stayed but staff said it can have flooded & muddy areas if it rains a lot. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Terre Haute KOA

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $46.00

The price is with a 10% KOA discount, and seemed really high for off season. Road access is so a little strange, but manageable. Staff couldn't have been nicer. Bathrooms are dated but nice and clean. They have a nice movie selection but charge $1 to rent, which for the cost of the site and the fact that it was April you'd think they would be complementary. The water hookup was too low to the ground and someone had cut half the handle off which made it sharp and dangerous. Sewer hookup was way too high. I think they're trying but this KOA just seems a little tired for the premium price they charge. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $45.00

This was a typical KOA, lots of sites in neat rows. It is nicely wooded which helps the looks and feel quite a bit. We found it to be a bit pricey ($50 including tax and KOA discount, for the cheapest pull-through site). Check-in was fast and friendly, and our site was level. We had good Verizon and AT&T signal, but Verizon was extremely slow (AT&T was fine). We were only here for two nights and it was below freezing the whole time so we didn't get out to see much of the campground. We'd stay again for a night or two while passing through. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $75.00

I have to say was kind of worried about this place after reading others reviews but was pleasantly surprised after getting here. The super deluxe sites are real nice with full hookups and full concrete pads. It hadn't had much rain so didn't see the flooding others have said. Looks like more gravel has been brought in for roads and pads. Little café that served breakfast in the morning and meals in the evenings. Nice, friendly staff. It's rated as a KOA Journey but we think it's a step above. Little tricky getting here off the interstate but our GPS worked just fine. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

We stayed here to go to the Covered Bridge Festival

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $73.00

We stayed in one of their new deluxe patio sites with concrete pad, outdoor furniture and updated utilities which was a nice upgrade. Unfortunately there are only 4 of these sites available and the rest of the campground has the typical KOA sites consisting of close together, gravel sites with tight roads. My main complaint as with most KOA campgrounds is that the cost of staying in these campgrounds is high for the value provided. We've stayed in many campgrounds with concrete pads and roads, good spacing between sites and lots of grassy areas for significantly less than $75 at this KOA. The office staff was friendly and helpful. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $30.00

We have been full-time travelers for six years. Never, have we been treated with such disrespect from a park owner. Our overnight pull-through was extremely un-level. To make matters worse, it was pouring rain and the space was nothing but mud. Our 40 foot motorhome would have tipped over if we tried to level. The girl who checked us in offered the adjacent space, which was OK. We accepted and we went to the office to make the change. Subsequently, the park owner came to the office and said we could not have the better site, even though it was not reserved. He disputed the dilapidated condition of the site and refused to go look at it. At that time he said, "you're out of here". We were shocked that he was going to kick us out because we simply asked for a different site. When I told him that we didn't have a place to stay for the night, his response was, "not my problem". I sent a complaint to KOA corporate. They sent a form letter back basically saying they don't care. Our KOA days are over.

This park was very hard to locate. The highway system has changed and our GPS could not take us directly there. Once there, we found the park to be well maintained. The girl at the front counter was very nice and helpful. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $50.00

I'm all for lakefront camping.... this is NOT it. We use KOA a lot for one night stops or quick weekends. We know what to expect. We have stayed in Terre Haute KOA (Journey) quite a bit over the years. We have stayed here 3 times this year and each stay has been worse than the last. All 3 times flooded and muddy. The park is completely unlevel as you can see from photos. We drove the motorhome over a large section of tree today just trying to get to our spot. Last time, in a full hookup spot, all the dumps were overflowed and we couldn't even dump. They refunded us $7.00 for the inconvenience. I said I wasn't coming back then.... I'm saying it again now. Never again! It's a real shame because this used to be one of our favorite spots to stop. I'm not sure what happened here but they have lost a customer for good. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $50.00

Good KOA, would have given higher rating but my rv was surrounded by at least 4" standing water after overnight rain. On the positive side, nice young man came down and unhooked my power cord so we could drive out of the site and get out on dry land. I would go back but would NOT accept site 25 or one in that row if rain were predicted. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

Nice park for an overnight stop with a very friendly/helpful staff. Park resources worked well with excellent WiFi coverage within the park. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $55.00

First off, it is very difficult finding this KOA. It's off the highway, and since new construction has taken place, DO NOT rely on your GPS to find this place. Directions on the KOA website are somewhat misleading. Upon arrival and finding the location, I checked in and was lead to my site by some red headed kid. With My Tow Vehicle and 5th wheel, we stretch 63 ft. Long. Had to pull the RV forward enough so I wasn't sticking out in the rear, leaving not much room up front to park the truck. So, I pulled in front of my 5th wheel and had my drivers side tire slightly up on the concrete pad. The red headed thing came over and had a fit about it, so I moved my truck back slightly so I wasn't touching their precious concrete. Not very friendly and simply too damned hard to locate when you are tired of driving for the day. They need better signage and also need to reduce their rates. Prices are not worth what they offer! By the way, make sure you bring an extension power cord to reach to power box. We will not stay here again. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

Getting to the park is a little tricky although close to I70, you have to travel down another highway, exit to another highway, go around the round a bout eventually getting to Tucker road. Follow Tucker that dead ends at the narrow entry to the park. The park itself was beautiful with many kid facilities including a pool. On site is a restaurant with surprisingly good food and ice cream (many flavors). Though close to I70, we did not hear freeway noise, only thunder. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $52.00

Average KOA. Stayed 2 nights, and it stormed most of the time. Our site puddled quite a bit. Dog park was small and somewhat muddy. Lots of trees so no satellite reception - tried portable dish as well but to no avail. Cable was snowy - typical for an older park. Site was level. Water pressure and WiFi were average. Staff was friendly and helpful. The donkeys were cute. Roads were navigable for our 38' rig plus Jeep in tow. Our Garmin 760 got us there just fine. We camped at Terre Haute KOA in a Motorhome.

Covered Forested

Featured Campgrounds Near Terre Haute KOA

Are you affiliated with Terre Haute KOA ?