Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA

Waterloo, Iowa

4550 Hess Rd
Waterloo, Iowa 50701

• Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Casino Casino yes
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $45.00

Large park with a small lake with beach and boat rentals. Gas and convenience store, playgrounds, dog park. Gravel and paved roads with gravel sites. Site was just long enough for our 42' 5th wheel. Well maintained park but there was duck/geese poop everywhere. The water looked very nasty and I wouldn't want to swim in it. We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $47.00

This KOA is built on a hill so the sites are terraced. Although terraced, they are level. The park is large, lots of activities for kids including a lake with a beach and various rentals available. The park is close to many stores and there is a large waterpark across the street. The restrooms are clean. One of the laundry rooms had 2 washers, $2 for 30 minutes and 2 dryers, $2 for 45 minutes. It appears to be a newer park so the trees are small, not much shade. The campground brochure had no mention of pet rules. The only reason I didn't give this a higher rating was the number of dogs running unleashed or being walked by children. There is a nice fenced in dog walk. We would stay again if traveling through the area. We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Motorhome.

O64

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $62.00

This is known as a KOA resort. The entrance has gas and diesel and a convenience store. We had a great site with a paved patio, furniture and a grill, level and EZ in and out. There's a lake for swimming and a nice walking path around it. Good fenced dog run. Water/electric/sewer fine. The pull thru sites in the back were very congested. The Wifi was dismal even with our booster. We only overnited but the area has a lot to offer (see comments). We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

There is a huge water park across the street and a large casino. We had the buffet which was marginal but there is also a more casual burger place that is supposed to be good. Close by shopping and pharmacy, golf, riverfront.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $45.00

This campground has a lot to offer for families as it has a lake for canoeing, kayaking and a swimming beach. It is also within walking distance to a water park that looked like a lot of fun for the younger folks. The aesthetics of the campground are not exactly what we were looking for as the trees are quite small and there is a lot of sun exposure so on a hot day, you'll want your AC working. The spaces are easy to get in and out of and there is green space between most sites. They are not crammed together as many KOAs tend to be so that is a positive. While there, we could not get the cable TV to work and even after asking for assistance, we never got a return call to follow up or did we ever get cable TV. Wifi was intermittent but we did get enough signal to stream using our Amazon Fire stick. This is a good spot for families looking for a short getaway or staycation but not a destination type resort in my opinion. We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $43.00

Easy to get in/out. Paved roads and seal-coated sites. Sites have water and electric at mid-site and sewer at far back, ours was pretty level but could see others are not. Highway and periodic, distant train noise were intensified or muffled depending on wind direction. Facilities are very nice. Laundry clean and seemed expensive until we saw how big the tubs were. Wifi worked decent considering the park was full. This is one of the roomiest KOAs we've experienced. Many back-in sites around the perimeter are larger than pull-through sites. We did not experience the negative things others had discussed previously. We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Truck Camper.

B27
Asphalt
Long enough for my truck camper and a trailer too

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $38.00

Lots of space between sites. We were alone most of the time. Laundry was clean and everything working. Nice lake with train to walk arund. Staff very helpful. We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Motorhome.

B06

Nice to walk around and lots to do in the area with the water park accross the street.

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $40.00

Would not have stopped here if I'd known their bath house is closed during winter. We traveled this week with our coach already winterized and I was looking forward to a nice hot shower at the end of a long driving day. But alas not to be. So I docked them a few rating points. Other than the lack of winter bath facilities, this CG is a good stopover. Nice lake on property. We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Motorhome.

Next door to a big water park and Isle Casino.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $44.00

Typical KOA. A few good points, if you can get past the bad. Site was a pull-through uneven side to side, gravel over asphalt with weeds growing through. FHU worked good, as did the cable. Couldn't get the WIFI, too far away I guess. Stayed one night, they placed 2 charges on our c/c, different amounts for full nights. Confusion at front desk, on the way out they assured us it would be handled. Tonight we get an e-mail for a partial refund. Will get KOA Home involved if need be, but we shouldn't have to. Fueled in the front too at their pumps. Claims to be 87 unleaded, but after 1 day of driving, we lost 2+ mpg on that tank. Beware ... fuel elsewhere !! They concentrate heavy on their E-fuels, but I used the straight 87 hose. Refueled after 220+ miles and jumped up to our normal mpg. We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Gravel

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $65.00

This park is horrible, huge and horrible. It is rundown, dirty, needs mowed and weeded. Some long term rigs looked abandoned. Staff did not care about any of it and were rarely seen. At check in, I was sent all the way to the back of the park to find my site was already occupied. Had to drive the big rig through the confusing roads back to the office to have a 17 yr old tell me "no one is in that site" Then had to stand there for 30 minutes while she called other campers to ask when they were leaving. The store was not stocked and the food they sell was horrible. If you like campgrounds that have few rules, and fewer people to enforce them, this is the place for you. I would NEVER stay here again. All in all, you'll get the impression no one cares about this place-or You! I've stayed at 50+ KOAs and this is the WORST of all of them. We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $43.00

The woman who took my reservation was a bit rude and I wasn't 100% certain I had it reserved until I received an email back. When I arrived late, they had the wrong site "open" for me (they had picnic tables in the middle of all the sites that weren't being used or were reserved and the had the one next to the one I reserved moved but no others). I ended up moving the picnic table out of the way and used the one I had reserved. It was a quick night's sleep and then left in the morning. They knew I was coming in late so it was good that they put me away from others as the place was huge but there were very few campers in the area. Overall, it look very nice and well kept and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if in the area. We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

No Others In Sight, Nearby

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $36.00

Very nice campground. Roomy sites on gravel with table. FHU. There are pull through & back in. Cable & WiFi (pretty good). Playground, dog park, rental boots etc, swim beach, walking path. The office staff was friendly but very confused of what sites were empty. Office is a nice stocked store & Gass station. We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

B6

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

We stayed here on the way south. Winter was just ending so the water wasn't on, but available at the convenience store at check in. Sewer/power on and fine. Our pull through site still had some mud but it had just "snowed" the days before. Spacious sites. Although this was very early spring was impressed that there would be a lot to do for families with the adjacent water park, lake and activities once summer arrives. Only a mile up the road is a shopping area of town with "everything" in the big box store category, yet the park itself seems "away" from town. Some highway noise. WIFI was strong and fast although park was nearly empty. Verizon strong. We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $24.00

This is our second visit although last time it was warm and full of activity and this time it was cold and nearly empty in the back areas (the front was full of hearty winter campers). It's a large and well laid-out park with many amenities as well as propane, gas and diesel on site. Water was off but fortunately you could fill up by hose at the office building. All sites are FHU so there is no dump station (when water if off you can flush out with whatever water you pick up when entering). Our site was mostly level but we needed one block front and back on the left. There is a nice large fenced dog park. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a well-stocked camp store with good coffee, donuts and a variety of other food both hot and packaged. We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Motorhome.

Fuel up here on arrival or before leaving. Lost Island Waterpark is right next door.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $44.00

We liked it so much, we stayed here for two nights on the way home. The staff was friendly and helpful, restrooms and showers clean, and the grounds beautiful. I love the tropical island theme with cute cabins along the beach. We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $38.00

Stopped in for one night. The is a great KOA with all of the amenities. Very reasonably priced. Before leaving they had a great "all you can eat" breakfast for $5.00 person. We definitely would stay here again. We camped at Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA in a Motorhome.

Waterpark and casino nearby

Featured Campgrounds Near Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA

Are you affiliated with Waterloo / Lost Island Waterpark KOA ?