10 Excellent

Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos, Jalisco

Camino los Arrieros N 36
Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos, Jalisco 45850

• Pull-thru Sites Pull-thru Sites no
  • Big Rig Access Big Rig Access ?
  • Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly ?
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station no
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot no
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • Cable/Sat. TV Hookup Cable/Sat. TV Hookup ?
  • WiFi WiFi ?
  • America Movil Cellular Provider America Movil
  • Grupo Televisa Cellular Provider Grupo Televisa
  • Telefonica Cellular Provider Telefonica
  • Restrooms Restrooms no
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "RV Park Chapala" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $10.00

I couldn't find a satisfactory RV facility near Chapala. I looked at one that was so far out of town, it wasn't even a possibility. Besides, it was filthy and the single hot shower was overcrowded. I happened upon this new RV park which is 10 minutes drive from Chapala. There's a small town, Ixtlahuacan, just down the road, and it has everything I need including great restaurants, shopping and markets. This was the first RV park I visited in Mexico that has true 20, 30 and 50 amp services. I'm an electrical engineer and I met the owner who is also an electrical engineer. He wired everything himself, using his own transformer. No drop-outs or brown-outs like so many places. He even installed the correct receptacles for each of the services which were not available in Mexico so he ordered them sent from the U.S. This is how to set up an RV park and I applaud him for doing it correctly. The wifi was also installed with 3 separate radios so there's always a good signal, even in the common patio area. The wifi was superb and strong in all areas of the park. I needed a continuous internet connection because I had to work via computer while at the park. Everywhere else I have been, had intermittent signals and weak. Bathrooms were kept clean and the hot showers were 30 psi pressure. Washing machine is even free. Propane was available just down at the main street. It was always perfect weather up in the mountains with a gentle breeze coming in the early evening. The view of the mountains, small towns in the valley and the big city lights in the distance is terrific to watch at all times of the day. This is the best installation I have seen in Mexico where everything is being done correctly. Roads leading up to trailer park are all paved, main highways all the way and no topes. Propane and gas are 1 km away. Showers are hot and pressure is 30 psi. Park owners are real friendly and accommodating. They are constantly working on the park; it is only 3 months old so it's a very desirable spot for permanent campers if they reserve here before others. We camped at RV Park Chapala in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $10.00

How very fortunate I was to find this newly opened RV park so close to everything! Ten minutes and I can be in Chapala or Ajijic. I was considering another RV park, which was so far away from anywhere, facilities were old and worn and it was surprisingly very crowded and even had very large kids camp using the grounds. I called to inquire at the Chapala Trailer Park and was personally escorted to the grounds by the friendly owner! It's in the mountains so the view is fantastic. The bathrooms are, I would say, luxurious, with an on demand hot water and a super pressure I have not experienced anywhere in Mexico. There is a large, terrace overlooking the valley where I can exercise in the morning, relax in the afternoon and watch the sunset with my drink in the evening (there's even a wet bar). You can see the lights of Guadalajara by night and the 180 degree view of the mountains and valley is so picturesque. Laundry facilities are free too. The sites are really large, open and sunny. I am looking forward to seeing the landscaping they will be adding when the rainy season begins. Now there is little shade but I would not ruin this fabulous view with many trees. I chose the 30 amp service (they also have 20 and 50 amp service) so I could run my a/c on hot days. I could even run my microwave at the same time, which has not been possible anywhere else in Mexico. I really appreciated the paved roads and main highway all the way to this park and I didn't even have to cross any topes! It's so many of the little things that make this RV park so good. They were genuinely interested to accommodate me and make my stay so comfortable. Really easy access to the park I said it all already; really excellent water pressure, hot showers and true amperage on whichever power you choose. We camped at RV Park Chapala in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle
Picnic Table, Patio

Ittlahuacan has everything you need. Propane is just a km down the road. Pemex and Oxo are beside propane. Roast chickens near supermarket are the best.

Featured Campgrounds Near RV Park Chapala

Are you affiliated with RV Park Chapala ?