6.4 Average

• Horse Camp Horse Camp yes
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Three Springs Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $36.00

This is a "camping in the country" experience. The owners and staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Very nice limestone RV parking site with grass yard because of their care and rules to keep them that way. Sites nicely shaded. Very nice shower house/rest rooms. We were impressed that "patrol" was done to pick up after pets whose owners were neglectful, or unable. We did hear some interstate traffic, which surprised us with the campground being tucked away where it is. We would camp there again if opportunity arose and will recommend to family and friends. We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Motorhome.

A7

Great location if you are visiting the Ark Encounter

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $35.00

This place is a dump. I am traveling with my elderly Moma and daughter. I did not feel Safe. The staff was rude and unfriendly. They refuse to refund me all or part of the $103.00 I prepaid. The road going into the place is too small the is not room for on coming traffic. Very disappointed that they feel comfortable with keeping my money after deceiving me with their website photos. I am going to fight this with my credit card co. We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Rhonda,
I personally spoke with you at the gate, after you drove through our park, and you stated you would not be staying because you had already been to the Ark and "seen what we came to see". I asked you to accompany me to the office to sign your registration/cancellation. When you were told you would receive an On Hold Credit good for 2 years that is transferable to another person, only then did you state that you did not feel safe and that you wanted a refund. Your site remained empty because we are a reservation only park located just 10 miles from the Ark. We book well in advance and stay 100% full as a result. Many other campers were turned down for that site because you had it pre-booked and therefore we do not offer refunds on the day of check-in. As far as our pictures (and videos), we portray our park exactly as it is. It would be hard to deceive when we post an 8 min video showing every acre of the park. I am sure other guests will see that.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $47.00

Interesting little park back in the woods. The friendly staff led me to my site which was close to others, but adequate. Didn't appreciate having to sign up for Rover Pass to register on-line. We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Motorhome.

Rachael Poole, owner at Three Springs Campground responded to this review

Thank you for staying with us! Next time you want to reserve with us, give the office a call. We will credit your next visit the fees charged on RoverPass for this trip. RoverPass is just like any other club out there in that they charge for their services. They do have over 25,000 parks listed on their directory, and offer great customer service, which is why we chose them as our online booking partner. Check out all the member benefits you received when you signed up and if your still not happy with them I will be happy to refund the fees on my end.
In the meantime, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to the time you come back this way! Happy Campin'!

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $34.00

Nice little park tucked away in a scenic valley next to a stream. Owners very friendly and helpful. Great location for visiting the Ark Encounter. We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Site 4

Very close and easy access to the Ark Encounter ...... Plus you get a discount at the park if you visit the Ark.

Rachael Poole, owner at Three Springs Campground responded to this review

Thank you for your honest and kind words! We love to hear that guests appreciate the quiet scenery of our little valley and that they feel safe here. We love our neighbors, the Ark, and all that comes with them both! Come back and stay with us again in the future and safe travels......
-Rachael

Featured Campgrounds Near Three Springs Campground

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $38.00

Off the Highway in a beautiful meadow. Very quiet. Like camping with modern amenities. Owners go out of their way to help YOU. From helping you park your rig to delivering firewood. Have an overflow area at a discounted rate. They came right to our motor home to let's us know that our Regular site was available and then offered to help us move. We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Motorhome.

15 minutes to Arc encounter. Wallmart about 12 miles. I-25 South a very scenic drive.

Rachael Poole, owner at Three Springs Campground responded to this review

Thank you very much for your kind words and we are happy to have had you stay with us! Check your email for coupons you can use the next time you stay with us! We try to keep the "Nature" in camping all while offering modern conveniences too. It's a tricky balance but we love to hear that campers enjoy themselves and that our attention to service shows through!

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $36.00

Looked a bit schetchy driving in! New owners. The roads are gravel and narrow, but large rigs navigated to space. We are staying only 1 night, so it fit the need. Not a lot of options in this area unfortunately. We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Dirt

Rachael Poole, owner at Three Springs Campground responded to this review

Thank you for staying with us! As we now own Three Springs (as opposed to leasing it for the past 3.5 yrs) we are working hard to make the sites as easy as possible to navigate and back in to. We have widened the gravel loop around the RV Sites to 15 feet in some areas and 35 feet wide in the Big Rig section. We are also adding 20 more sites this year, a new playground, new & bigger dog park, another large cabin rental, and we are celebrating our Semi-Centennial this August as this park has been family owned/operated for 50 years now! Lots of updates and renovations in the next few years, plus our amazing guest services is what makes Three Springs the campground of choice for Ark & Creation Museum visitors. Come back and see us again to see all the new updates. Thanks again and God bless!

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $36.00

We made reservations before our trip and were met by the owner when we arrived. She walked us to our site and helped us park. She explained everything about the area and park. We were very happy with the accommodations with air conditioned, very clean restrooms and showers. Quiet area to camp even though the park was full with RVs and tent campers. Each site has picnic table and fire ring and you can purchase firewood for $5.00 that is delivered to your site by the owner. We were there to visit The Ark which is approx 15 miles from the campground. Easy access from the interstate. Would stay at Three Springs if traveling though that area again!! Thank you to the wonderful owners for all you did to make our stay relaxed and comfortable!! We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $36.00

The park was all back in on gravel being mostly level. The sites were a little close, but not too bad. The owners were very friendly and helpful. One traveler had an axle that had gotten bent pretty badly on his TT. The owner got a new axle and repaired it for him so he could get back on the road to go home. In my opinion, he went far beyond what a person could have done. I could only get wifi at the office. There were several bikers tenting there. We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Motorhome.

I believe this is the closest RV park to the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, KY. It's only about 10 miles away. By all means, everyone should see this attraction.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $36.00

Not big rig friendly. Entry road is not wide and is rough. We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Motorhome.

Unk
Gravel, Dirt
Other
Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $38.00

To get there you must travel a crooked narrow road through a rundown area and then go down a steep drop into the campground. The park roads are rough and the sites are gravel and only wide enough for the RV. Any rain makes a muddy mess with standing water in some sites. Hookups are shared and can require extensions and long hoses to reach. No WiFi but cell worked fine and TV antenna picked up several channels. Staff was friendly but the price was high for a low grade park. Needs work. We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Poor Conditions

Nothing close by to see but the Ark Encounter is about 10 miles north.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $38.00

We had two nights at this park in a 37' Class A. Staff was friendly and went out of their way to help when my son accidentally put a fish hook in his eye!! This park is situated nicely in a small valley with lots of trees and a small stream running through. Very peaceful. We arrived at night and the owner helped us back in. Site surface is gravel and features a fire ring and picnic table. Clean restrooms and showers. We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Motorhome.

The Ark Encounter is a must see. Mind blowing. The pond in the campground is great for kids to fish.

Mr & Mrs RCONN:
Thank you very much for your kind words and the ratings. We hope that you get a chance to camp with us again someday, minus the fishing accident! I hope your son is doing well and this doesn't deter him from camping/fishing again. At least he has one very interesting camping story to tell and a memory he will never forget from his trip here! I wish you and your family the best and God Bless!!!! Happy Campin'!

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

This park is very convenient for visiting the Ark Encounter. It is a small park and the sites are close together but the owners and workers are helpful and welcoming. There is a washer and dryer at the check-in/store that campground guests can use for $1.50/load in the washer and $1.50/load in the dryer. We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand, Grass

Visit the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum. Recommend going to the Ark Encounter later in the day (say mid-afternoon) when the early visitors are wearing out and leaving.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $33.00

I'm glad I didn't let the few negative reviews stop me from staying here. This campground was fine. The people were very friendly, and the campground was well maintained and clean. The ONLY reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 was there is no sewer hook-up. There is a sewer dump, though. If I return to the area, I would definitely stay here again. Keep in mind.....this is not an RV resort, but a fine campground. We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $35.00

We were there for 4 nights. It was pretty scenery, quiet, the owners were very cordial and we had prompt service when we needed it. It rained really hard the first night we were there, but after things dried up it was nice. The only bad part was the road getting to the campground. It is very narrow and curvey. A car almost got us around a blind curve. But other than that, we would stay again. Good water pressure also. We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Grass

Visit the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum. Have plenty of groceries and things that you will need because there are no grocery stores within at least 11 miles. There is a Dollar General just up the road, but when we went there, the shelves were mostly bare

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $55.00

We stayed in the 2 story cabin which I believe they call Pop's country lodge with my family of 4 and my mother and father in law. When we arrived we were greeted with a very clean cabin with freshly washed sheets on the beds. There was a coffee pot, cook top stove and small refrigerator. There is no bathroom or water which is fine because its a rustic cabin. We talked with the owner of the campground numerous times while we were there. She is very friendly and available. She even gave our kids coloring books and other little things to play with. I know other people wrote reviews about the campground flooding easily. We were here when the remains of tropical storm Cindy came through and it rained a lot. The stream rose but was able to handle the excess amount of rain. The only reason I'm not giving this 10 stars is because there is some room for improvements with upkeep but I know the owners are working hard at it. Overall this is a very nice quiet campground and I would definitely recommend to anyone. We camped at Three Springs Campground in a Cabin.

Dirt, Grass
Other

No Others In Sight
Covered Forested

Rachael Poole, owner at Three Springs Campground responded to this review

Thank you Tyler! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay! We would love to have you back!
We are working hard on the improvements to the campground and appreciate your feedback.

Public Relations Manager,
Judy Smith

Featured Campgrounds Near Three Springs Campground

Are you affiliated with Three Springs Campground ?