Grandma's RV Camping

• Pet Area Pet Area no
  • Propane Available Propane Available no
  • Playground Playground no
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Grandma's RV Camping" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $37.00

Very friendly staff. All sites pull through and long enough for tow vehicle. Very clean park, gravel pads. Sites are close but we had no problem putting out slide. Will be staying here again next time in Louisville area. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Travel Trailer.

Only 20 miles up I-65 into Louisville. Great steakhouse one exit north

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $37.00

Positives: the park is clean and level and close to the freeway exit.

Negatives: The pull through spots are extremely tight. With my slides open and my neighbors slides open we had about three feet between RVs. The internet only works at the office and does not reach beyond the first couple of spots. Loud freeway noise. No play area for kids. No shade trees or view. Lastly, if you're over politics these days the park has two flag poles, both of which are flying Trump flags and no American flags. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Go to the Bernheim Arboretum and see the forest giants.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $32.00

Stopped for an overnight and out in the morning. They have a line of pull through sites right inside the gate. These sites are very very narrow. I had to work at positioning my rig exactly in the center so I could open my slides. There is a tree at the end of each site which is in the way and makes the task more difficult. When I got where I could open the slides I could not put the awning out and my stairs ended right at the next door sewer and water hook up. 37 ft 5er and F350. Other sites in the park looked OK. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Fifth Wheel.

Pull Through

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $33.00

We stayed for 4 nights to tour in Louisville. The sites were level, the hook-ups were fine and the sites were long enough for our Jeep. It was a stone site and the sites were close. The restrooms were clean but we did not use the showers. There is no shade for most of the sites. When we got there, the office was closed and we just waited. Finally someone drove up and told us to park in any empty spot. It was about 15 minutes into Louisville where we toured the Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum, Churchill Downs and the American Publishing House for the Blind. I wish we had eaten at Wagner's, right by Churchill Downs. They are very particular about the grass but having grass is a nice thing. There is a large weekend flea market behind the campground. site 4. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Grandma's RV Camping

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $32.00

Again, a gravel parking lot with full hookups. Person who greeted us was a grumpy old man who directed us to our site and said to check in after 3PM. Water OK but electric barely at 110 volts. Sites are very close and I could not put my awning out. wifi not usable but a good AT&T signal. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $33.00

This park is convenient for visiting Louisville, Bernheim Arboretum, some distilleries, and some wineries. The park is small but clean and sites are level. Wifi is typical campground wifi. Sometimes you can get on and sometimes you get thrown off. FHU worked well with no issues. Very busy park so we recommend calling ahead. Some road noise from the highway (Rt 65) but not real bad. Owners are nice and park is well maintained. We stayed here in a motorhome and would stay again. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

We think the Bernheim Arboretum is a must see. We had not heard about this plus prior to coming to the area but it was wonderful. The Jim Beam distillery was very nice also. Churchill Downs was great and they do a great job of explaining the history there plus with general admission you can see a wonderful movie and do a walking tour of the facility.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $30.00

For the last ten years we spend the night here on our trips south and then again north. It's right off I-65. We don't use any of the amenities (besides the WiFi, which some years has been working and other years, not at all) so I can't comment on them. But for snow birds heading either way it's convenient and affordable for an over night stop. I have been told by some one in the office that the 'old man' has no tolerance for dogs, so if you are a pet owner, you might want to head on further down the road. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $28.00

This park offers the basics for sites and services at a very reasonable price. The roads in the park are paved and the sites are gravel. The sites are a mix of back in and pull through and all are very close together. The park has a decent bathroom, shower and laundry area with a working wifi. The range of the wifi may not reach to all sites, but you can get on the wifi if you are close to either the office or the bathroom/shower building. The park is just off I-65 making it a convenient base to explore the Louisville area. The weekly rate for us made the average nightly rate less than $30 including taxes. Given the price and working wifi, we would have no problem staying here again. See our full updates, reviews and pictures at our blog at thegilliamsisland. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $32.00

Good place for a couple of days, easy excess to I65. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Patio

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $37.00

We only stayed overnight so didn't see much of this relatively small campground. Location is very convenient, right off the interstate. There isn't a check-in parking area, but when we pulled up with our big motorhome, someone came out of the office and told us which site to go to, and we went and paid her after getting set up. Our gravel pull-through was easy to get into and very level, and utilities worked well. AT&T and Verizon both worked well. We knew going in that the park is not dog friendly, and the many warning signs about immediate eviction without refund for any infraction (e.g. dogs can't pee on any plants, shrubs, etc.) reinforced the fact. We found a few local neighborhood streets to walk our dog on, which was fine for an overnight stay. Despite the dog situation, we'd stay here again overnight if the location is convenient, but wouldn't stay more than one night. For those without a dog, the park might be a little better. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $32.00

Was greeted by old man asking "what do you want?". Replied I called and made reservation and his reply "well, did you get one?". Then told to go pick out site and come back in 1 1/2 hours to register. Signs said no refunds and you will be required to leave park if pet rules not followed. 100 % gravel RV park, no grass except outside park along the road. Water connection is about 18" below ground making a back bending experience to connect. Water connection is next to sewer so it would be very easy to spill sewage in water connection hole and no good way to be cleaned. I sprayed bleach on connection prior to hookup. Electricity voltage very good. Lady who registered me was very friendly. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Site 1
Patio

Jim Beam distillery has good tour with samples.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $32.00

Nothing fancy here. Gravel lot with spaces and close to the freeway. it was still freezing at night then and had to disconnect the water lines each night and stow the hose. It was easy enough to maneuver my 40 foot 5th wheel in the park. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Fifth Wheel.

Get your propane at the Love's across the Hwy. Much cheaper than other places. Went to Churchill Down Horse race track where the Kentucky Derby is held. Good tour. Glad I went. Shopping close by

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $32.00

Signs leading to the campground could be a lot better. We kinda stumbled on the place and thats a bit unnerving going down a narrow road and not sure if the campground is there. Once on site, access is fairly easy and straght forward. Sites are level and certainly not spacious but OK for an over nighter. Utilities are good but placed too far to the rear for a large motorhome towing to hook up sewer without dropping the toad. They have wifi but we never could find it on our iPads so we used our Verizon. Sites are open so satellite was easy. It is clear they allow, but really don't want, dogs in the park. An entire page of pet rules, numerous signs threatening expulsion and a dog walk in a grassy area beside a paved road conveys the message pretty clearly. I've certainly paid more and stayed in worse. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $32.00

Neat clean park. Easy off and on to interstate. Have stayed there many times when traveling through. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $32.00

The sites are paved and level but very close together. The fact that it was a pull-through made it much easier to access. The interior roads are also paved. The only negative is the interstate is close and noisy. This is a great overnight stop. The manager was extremely nice. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

Featured Campgrounds Near Grandma's RV Camping

Are you affiliated with Grandma's RV Camping ?