8.5 Excellent

Delhi, Louisiana 71232

• Camp Store Camp Store no
  • Pet Area Pet Area no
  • Propane Available Propane Available no
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Golf Golf yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Poverty Point Reservoir State Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $15.00

This park is 3 miles north of I 20 near Delhi. It is very easy to find and easy to navigate. The pads are all paved and level. 13 sites do not have sewer, this includes all of the pull throughs. The sites are well separated and easy to back into. There are some sites with a lot of shade and some are only partial shade. The laundry and bath house are clean. There are a lot of walking paths around the park. Internet is available but can be very slow. We had good Verizon coverage. For OTA the selection was very good. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt

There is a very nice Brookshire's in Delhi; it is larger than it looks from the outside. Fuel is available in Delhi, including a truck stop for diesel.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $25.00

This is a beautiful park. Fairly new. Large sites. Easy to get in and out of with RV. Had a problem with electrical and maintenance was right there to fix. Park was not over crowded. Just a great place! We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

C52

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $13.00

Clean, mowed, litter free - good Wi-Fi and antenna TV - a real hidden gem in north Louisiana on the way to nowhere - a very nice find. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

Visited the UNESCO mounds site - outstanding golf and dinner at Black Bear - delicious burgers & onion rings at Freezes in Oak Grove - soda fountain at drug store in Delhi - all of these are worth the trip.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $33.00

Very few other campers due to storms in area. Although a lot of rain before we got there, very little standing water. Good cell service and a few OTA tv stations. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

C 1041

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Featured Campgrounds Near Poverty Point Reservoir State Park

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $35.00

Very nice park not far off I-20. When it rained there was some standing water, so that is something to note if you are tent-camping, but it was not a problem for us. The sites are reasonably-well space and there is some shade. The bathhouse is fabulous. We did not need to use the showers, but would have if needed. This actually was one of the nicest, cleanest bathhouses that I've ever seen. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $25.00

A wonderful place to stay. Really nice children play area. Beautiful sites. Nice trails. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Truck Camper.

Quite a bit longer than my truck camper and travel trailer (plenty of space)

YOj

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $28.00

We came in after 5 PM when the office was closed. The payment instructions were very hard to understand. The next day when I went to pay I found out that you have to pay a six dollar reservation fee even if you don't make a reservation. There are no discounts for seniors or anything like that. I think the only discounts are if you live in a neighboring state. It starts out at $20 a night for water and electricity but no sewer. Sewer is five dollars more. But if you tell them that you did not use the sewer hook up they should not charge you for it. We would not have stayed here if we knew the price but since it's very complicated we didn't know any better at the time. The place was OK with paved spots. They did have a shower and a laundry room. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $22.00

This state park is fewer than 3 miles north of I-20, in Delhi, LA. The park was built around the time the reservoir was developed, 2001. Of the 54 sites, there are full hookup and W+S sites, all back in. The sites are paved, looked mostly level, with plenty of room for the motorhome and towed. Our site, #44, had partial shading so we could only see one other site. There were only a few sites occupied during a mid-week 2 night stay, so the park was very quiet. Although a park wifi antenna was next to our site, the internet was slow, so we used our Verizon hot-spot which worked well. Good Over-The-Air TV reception. We definitely will stop here again when traveling on I-20. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

By all means, visit the amazing 3,700 year old mounds at Poverty Point on the Macon Bayou. Only 14 miles from the campground.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $30.00

This is a very nice Louisiana State Park but has a few issues. The full hook up sites are back ins but the road is not wide enough to back in without driving on the grass. Sites are paved but narrow and our site had standing water after it rained. 50 amp was available and we had no issue with utility location. We were parked right next to a WiFi antenna but it did not work well. Our Verizon hotspot had a good signal. This campground is well cared for and very neat and clean. Campground personnel were friendly and welcoming. We wiill return to this campground in the future. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt

Check out the Poverty Point UNESCO site about 15 miles from the campground.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $28.00

Our site turned out to be more uneven than most and we had to raise the back of our motorhome two inches. There was also a steep drop off from the pavement to the ground. The picnic table was also placed oddly in campsite. Most other sections were better campsites but less woods and privacy. Hiking and biking were very good but there was not water access from campground. The bathhouse was great! The girl working the office didn't seem interested in the park or activities. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

Plan a day to drive to the Poverty Point World Heritage Site. We saw demonstrations, visited the museum, and hiked the mound area. A map is available for the walking tour but riding tours are also available.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $22.00

Had read other positive reviews of this state park and put it on the itinerary. LA state parks are just plain different. Free laundry equipment, air conditioned bath houses, big level sites, cheap, a pool or beach, well maintained, etc. Unlike our home state where every park is underfunded and most are nearing decline, the LA ones we did were darn inviting. This one was quite nice so stay a few days and fish, swim, do wash, relax. Like all others, go on a weekday. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt

Everything you need right off I-30.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $28.00

I have stayed at this state park before and came back because I know it's a good one. There are full hook up sites as well as sites with water and electric only for $5.00 less. The bathrooms are relatively clean and there is a kid's water play area on the site. There is some nice scenery and a few nice hiking trails. The campsites are well spaced with a lot of privacy. We had good over-the-air TV and T-Mobile coverage. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt

More gas stations and restaurants in Rayville.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $39.00

In April 2018, I made a reservation on the Poverty Point website for one night's stay arriving on May 21. I later called to see if I could change my arrival date from Monday May 21 to Thursday May 17, 2018. The representative who took my call told me that there was a required 2 day rental. If there was a 2 day rental requirement, why was I able to reserve 1 night on their website? I did not need 2 nights (or want to pay for 2 nights) so I was forced to cancel the reservation. Not understanding why I could not just move my 1 night reservation from Monday to Thursday, I went back to their website and was again able to select the one night Thursday May 17 to Friday May 18. I got right up to the payment part of the reservation before I exited the reservation as I was just testing their 2 day policy. If there is a 2 day minimum requirement, the website should not have let me select and pay for 1 night. If I am able to schedule 1 night on the website, the representative should have let me move my reservation. As a result, I lost my $38.70 payment due to their refund policy. Never plan to stay here or any other related park again. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

C1020

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

Great location. Park has Wifi which was easily accessed for routine items - too slow to upload or watch a movie. Pull-through sites must dump at dump site near front. Sewer onsite for the back-in sites.The park was clean and had an abundance of wildlife. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $33.00

This park comes by its excellent rating honestly. Very nice place. We came here just as an overnight stop on our way west. Since there is not time for us to take advantage of all the amenities this park has to offer I found it a little pricey at $33 for a FHU site. And despite their website saying they would honor the Federal Senior Card, it is only if you are a resident of LA and three others. TX (my home state) is not one of them. Sites are generously spaced, entire campground is flat and despite most of the trees being new and relatively small, we still had to zig-zag into our site to not have branches scrape one side and then the other (site #32, back-in). Not all sites are like this but many are. Many sites are big rig capable. We are 60' long (truck/trailer) and 13'6" tall and had no problems maneuvering the campground except the previously mentioned. The small trees afforded us a clear sky to satellites and Verizon was strong for both voice and data. Power was solid, holding 120V when pulling 32 amps through the 50 amp plug. Connection to sewer was disappointing. The stub pipe stuck so high up out of the ground I could not get a downhill run from my rig connection. If my hose "snake" had been twice as tall it might have worked. Still, a very nice park that is more than worth a couple of minor inconveniences. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Grass

Featured Campgrounds Near Poverty Point Reservoir State Park

Are you affiliated with Poverty Point Reservoir State Park ?