6 Average

4876 Zach Rd
Jarreau, Louisiana 70749

Sites: 20+

• Pull-thru Sites Pull-thru Sites no
  • Big Rig Access Big Rig Access ?
  • Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • WiFi WiFi ?
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?
  • Showers Showers no
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar yes
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground no
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Bergeron's on the Bayou Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $170.00

We are currently here and will be here for an extended stay. We have had awesome service from the owners, employees, and other campers. This facility has everything you need: from a convenience store with any item you can think of to the restaurant/bar that serves delicious food and has a friendly atmosphere. We love that it's not a partying place and people do have a lot of respect for others and keep the noise down. It's currently mostly renters that work so during the day it's very quiet and peaceful and in evenings you have the workers come in and all is quiet by around 9pm. There is a clean laundry facility and it's nice and cool inside. The park is on a beautiful bayou and you can watch the wildlife swimming and I've even seen a few deer here during the day. Overall excellent place to camp!! I've been to many places and this Camp Ground is truly awesome! We camped at Bergeron's on the Bayou Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

About 15 minutes to New Roads LA. where you will find Wal-mart, Super 1 Foods, and many other stores for shopping as well as restaurants to dine-in on the beautiful False River or many fast food restaurants if you want to have yours to go.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $20.00

I was stopped at the door when I asked if tenters were allowed. So much for "warm Cajun hospitality." Owner said there were no bathrooms to accommodate tenters. If you are a tent camper, don't bother driving to this hard to find place: it's a waste of time. We camped at Bergeron's on the Bayou Campground in a Tent.

Date of Stay: October, 2006 - $20.00

Fall 2006 - We lived here for 2 months while renovating our home 12 miles away. The owners are very friendly & live on-site. They were building a new convenience store/office while we were there, and it was finished about the time we left. All gravel with some grass. There's a center road with sites on both sides. One side is on a bayou that leads to False River (actually an 11 mile long lake) which has great fishing and water sports (skiing). The bayou side has a wood deck/boardwalk. There's a boat launch that I think is free for campers, and a covered place to clean your fish. There are several long-timers, or maybe permanent residents on the bayou side. There are some living there because they're working in the area. When I walked my dog, I found lots of other doggie droppings (I pick up behind my dog), so I don't think they enforce the clean-up rule. Other than fishing from the deck, there's really nothing for kids to do. Too hard to ride a bike on gravel. But we weren't there for recreation, just to sleep. I don't remember the nightly rate. We paid $300 a month - included utilities and cable. I'm writing this several months after staying there. I think they have probably made more additions and improvements since then. I would recommend this place to others. We camped at Bergeron's on the Bayou Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Bergeron's on the Bayou Campground

Are you affiliated with Bergeron's on the Bayou Campground ?