Jude Travel Park

• Camp Store Camp Store no
  • Propane Available Propane Available no
  • Playground Playground no
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Jude Travel Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $25.00

One of my 1st impressions was wow! The check in process went super fast. The entrance was a bit on the tight side. The salt water pool was cool, fresh and clean. The hot tub was hot and in good operational order. The fencing around the campground leads one to have an overall safe feeling. One huge positive or negative is the abundance of cats in the campground. I counted at least 8-10 of them. Most are friendly but they do leave their droppings behind in odd places. The owners go out of their way to be of assistance for you. The camper next door forgot his water hose and they came right out with one. The shuttle to the French Quarter was fast and efficient. The cost to go there and back was $5 each way. We gave them a call and they were right back to pick us up. This campground has a picnic table at every site. However, there are no fire rings. They have this gazebo near the pool that is great for just sitting around and talking with others. Most all sites were very level. The electricity, water and sewer worked fine. The Wi-Fi worked magnificently and I never lost a signal. The cable TV worked according to others. We did not use it. Insects were not a problem here at all. There are not too many trees here. There are several fruit trees and a small garden near the dumpster. There were security lights at night although they are not really needed. There is a small restaurant just a block away. I was told they have decent food. The bus runs right by the campground. The city noise did not brother us too much. The only 2 reasons I would not give this place a 10 is the cats (droppings) and the need for more shade trees. Lastly, I would stay here all over again. We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $19.00

Rate based on one month stay. Great Find. Owners are friendly and helpful and very knowledgeable with itineraries and bus routes. Bus stops right in front or I just took their shuttle to French Market for $5.00 (each way). Clean bathroom and shower facilities, nice pool and hot tub for relaxing. Everything is included in price. Wi-Fi, full hook-up and cable… really nice place. Also, they threw a complimentary crawfish boil on Easter. Nice touch for being away during holiday. Like a second family! Owners go beyond the extra mile. Will return next time I'm in New Orleans. We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $36.00

Very noisy urban campground. Front half gets road noise from busy highway, back half gets train noise from multi-track switching station. Tight grass and gravel sites but owner helps you park. Not a great neighborhood but gated at night and we felt comfortable. Best feature is the small but deep swimming pool and very nice hot tub. Easy 12 minute drive to the French Quarter, or you can take public transportation and/or the park's shuttle. Excellent value for the location. We would definitely return. We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $25.00

Our rate was based on a two week stay. This is a very convenient park to New Orleans and the French Quarter. You can take the bus right across the street. While the neighborhood looks a little sketchy, the park is clean, secure and run by two of the most accommodating people you'll ever meet. They even had a crayfish boil for all of us to celebrate Easter Sunday! Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Jude Travel Park

Hut

Date of Stay: December, 2011 - $30.00

The owners were very helpful during our stay. All of the sites are back in. The road is gravel and some of the sites seemed small, but they were more than willing to accommodate us and help. The campground is kept up and clean, it is gated and I felt secure staying here. It takes no time at all to get the the French Quarters. VERY reasonable price for New Orleans camping. We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $30.00

We enjoyed our 5-night stay. The owners, Marla and Kevin, are very friendly, knowledgeable, and like the rest of New Orleans, laid-back. The grounds and pool/gazebo area are nicely tended, landscaped. They will drive you to the French Quarter for $5 each, each way. Which is good, because major taxi companies will not pick up from that address. Yes, it is in a marginal area of East New Orleans. The park is gated after dark, and we never had any reason to feel unsafe. It was a very comfortable, homey kind of place. If you want to see New Orleans, it will give you a very hospitable place to stay without paying an arm and a leg. We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $18.00

This campground is an amazing value. In a town where I was very put off by what seemed to be lack of cleanliness at "budget" hotels, which even at that, cost $80 a night; for $18 a night I had my own private place, with my own sheets and towels, so I knew they were clean. I also liked how this park is locked and secure, unlike some seedy-looking places I could have stayed. There are trees and flowers everywhere. It's really lovely, and even has plants in the dog walk area. The owners are on-site every day and clean the showers, bathrooms, and laundry impeccably. I also liked how it was possible for me to see all of New Orleans from this park without renting a car. I caught the bus across the street and came back to right in front of the park. There is a great New Orleans-style fish and BBQ eat-in, take-out place next door that is just addicting, too. If you are on a budget, or even if you're not, you will do well to choose Jude Travel Park. I would not stay anywhere else in NOLA now that I have found it. We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Tent.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $35.00

This park is just what it says, "an oasis in the city". Lovely flowers, clean restrooms, clean pool and spa, new picnic benches and good security. We were concerned about the neighborhood but after meeting the very nice owners (who came outside to greet us), all our fears were gone. They were extremely helpful in directing us to some fun things to do, even helped us find a good vet. We are staying here again next year! We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2011 - $30.00

The spaces are close but I wasn't here for the park. I was here to enjoy New Orleans and surrounding area. New Orleans is 10 minutes, white sandy beaches are 50 minutes away. Great little place close to downtown. Train switch yard at the rear but not noisy and reminiscent of an earlier time in New Orleans history. Very friendly owners. I will stay here again when passing through in our travels. They gave 10% military discount too. We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2011 - $45.00

This is an adequate place to park when visiting New Orleans. I would have rated it higher if the restrooms and showers had been clean The same litter on the floors was there for the three days we stayed. The host and hostess are extremely friendly and helpful, however. Sites are quite close together and it's located just next to a railroad yard, but it's quiet enough to get a good night's sleep. The rate we paid was higher than usual, since we stayed here during the weekend prior to Mardi Gras. I'd stay again, due to the convenience in driving to the French Quarter and Uptown areas. We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2010 - $30.00

The owners/operators earn this park a 10. Both are friendly, helpful, accommodating, and available. The shuttle service is reasonable and convenient, the restrooms modern and spotless, and the cats an added bonus. The spaces are small, but we're in a small RV so no problem. We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2010 - $30.00

Spaces are tight, as is maneuvering in this park. Front of park is transient and back is permanents. This park is over run with cats. Leash rule is not enforced for dogs, including the owners dog. We walked out our door one day to find a fresh dog pile at the bottom of our steps. Laundry needs a good cleaning as do the showers. Soap that was left in the shower prior to my using it the first time was still there when we left a week later. Security gate required because of the neighborhood it is in. We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2010 - $30.00

Great older city campground with new amenities: bathrooms, showers, pool, and spa. The owners are terrific, always available during normal hours and offer a very, very reasonably priced shuttle service to downtown or the French Quarter. The city bus stops right outside the gates and the rate for that is unbelievably cheap but use after dark is not advised. Yes, there is some noise. The noise from traffic from the street is not noticeable but there is a railroad yard in the back where trains are made up in the evenings. I have ear plugs for "bad" situations and didn't find them necessary for sleep at all. It feels very safe and we were quite comfortable and pleased with our experience here. We positively would stay here again. We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $30.00

Great little family owned park with real nice owners. Everything was clean as a whistle, the restrooms were beautiful and the owners were always available. This was our 2nd stay in the last year but the latest was the best by far. Even though we had our own vehicle we took the shuttle into town all 4 days and it was such a convenience. Very accommodating owners, we will stay again. We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $27.00

Yes, it is noisy because of trains unloading right there but I felt safe there. Traveling as a single girl it was ok. I stayed 2 weeks. Now anywhere outside the gate is another story. I did take the bus 2 times and it wasn't very comfortable feeling. 16$ cab ride to downtown. The bathrooms very nice, owners very nice to. I would stay again. The price reflects week stay, pool was nice when it was cleaned. We camped at Jude Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Jude Travel Park

Are you affiliated with Jude Travel Park ?