8 Good

Wells Beach Resort Campground

Wells Beach, Maine

1000 Post Rd (US Hwy 1)
Wells Beach, Maine 04090

• Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Golf Golf yes
  • Gym/Workout Facilities Gym/Workout Facilities yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Wells Beach Resort Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $78.00

Well I have to say I am not surprised by all the negative reviews on this page. I wish I had read them prior to my stay. I wonder if the people with the good reviews are related to the owners because I saw nothing of what they have posted. This campground "resort" so the name states is overpriced and below average. We came in for the Labor Day weekend and we were greeted by the "CIA" guard at the entrance who did everything but frisk us and search our truck. We were then directed to the office where we checked in. I had booked the Super Deluxe RV site. What a joke that was. The site was so small it was approximately 8-10 feet to the RV in front and in back of you. The picnic table was just about on top of the neighbors sewer cap and the campfire pit was so close to our truck and camper we were afraid to have a fire. The campsite was full of dog poop from the previous camper. When my son and his girlfriend came to visit for one night they were charged $20 a person plus $10 parking total of $50. This is more then some of the real 5 star resorts that I have stayed in. They have one pool and not much else so I am at a loss of what $50 was for! It's too bad because campground is in a nice area but the owners are far too rude and greedy to really make it a warm and welcoming campground. Will not be staying here again. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Extremely strict. Very expensive for offering no activities for kids. Guest pass very expensive does not include car pass which is an additional $10 a night.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $93.00

To start they make up the rules as they go along. So, one person will be able to pull into their campsite at 11:00AM but the next can't even be on the property until 1:00PM. Then another will be able to have two cars at their site but the next will have to pay $8.00 extra per day for their extra car. These are just two examples. I'll share my biggest complaint more soon when I have more time but it involves the complete insensitive owners which are two of the rudest people I have ever met in my life.

Another issue was that right next door there was a construction site with extremely loud noise all day long, starting at 7:00am-5:00pm. They offered no discount due to this and didn't even care.

As far as the campground. I would not call it a resort, but a nice campground. It's difficult for 40' or longer campers to get into the Premium back in sites.

The sites are clean and have nice shady areas. The pool is nice, but I could see it being too small if a lot of people showed up at one time.

There's not much at all for kids. Two very simple and run down playgrounds and a couple of arcade games, but that's really it. No activities of any kind. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $70.00

This place could be the poster child for what is wrong with many so-called "RV Resorts". Cold, impersonal, crammed to the gills, rude, and disinterested. The almighty dollar rules here. We arrived a few minutes early after being stuck in the famous Wells traffic jam. My husband wanted to park the RV for few moments to use our bathroom. Not a chance even though every RV parking spot for checks in was wide open. We had to get back into the traffic and drive down the road to park for 10 minutes. It's a sad commentary when a dying man can't park his RV for a couple of moments to pee. Read their rules carefully. While we didn't have a problem with it, TENT CAMPERS beware. You have to get your gear picked up and out of the way on Thursdays so they can mow the lawn. Even though you've paid for the site, if they think you left, they reserve the right to rent the site to someone else. Make sure it's very obvious you are still in possession of the site. The problem with the park is they have too many people with clipboards. Locals told us the parents owned this former KOA park and were the nicest people in the world. If you want to pay out the wazoo for a cramped noisy park and the heart of traffic, hosted by people who only care about money, this is your place. Wild horses couldn't drag us back. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Wells Beach Resort Campground

Are you affiliated with Wells Beach Resort Campground ?