Lake Somerset Family Campground

• Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Lake Somerset Family Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $40.00

Attractive, secure. Has a fish and duck pond, a small store, playground. There is also a "petting zoo" which consists of some penned animals that cannot actually be petted. But the llamas were cute, peacocks, etc. There are chickens walking around. The seasonal campers are disconcerting, friendly but popping out of their units when they see people walking by (on the road) with their dogs. Level sites. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $40.00

DO NOT STAY HERE (unless you like SWAMPS)! This campground sits BELOW the roadway in what is a MARSHY SWAMP! I could see the drainage ditches from the road flowing through the campground! And since it sits right next to the highway - MAJOR ROAD NOISE! Each campsite is jammed up against each other. The restroom was so filthy and buzzing with mosquitoes, we had to leave and drive all night to the next campground in Virginia Beach! To top it off, when I complained to the owner, she said she could care less if I give a bad review. NO REFUND! Lastly my credit card was charged $55 for some unknown reason (instead of the advertised $40). I should have simply gotten a motel! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Tent.

Other

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $36.00

The road into the park is good as are the roads inside the park. Check in was fast and very friendly. They have some basic needs in their store. The park is well maintained. There is putt-putt golf, a pool, a lake with fishing and paddle boats, a small petting farm and chickens roam the grounds. We were in Site 8, a level pull through with full hook ups and no issues with any of them. It is average width with a picnic table. It was plenty long enough for our 37-foot Class A, tow-dolly and parking the car. There was no WiFi which is why it gets a 9 instead of 10 stars. Verizon signal was okay. There was some road noise but nothing terrible. We stayed June 4 - 7, 2018 and paid $36 a night with a military discount. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

The staff here was nice, but seemed to be struggling with the season opening. The pool looked nice, but hadn't been filled yet. The mini-golf also looked nice, but was "under construction" and not open. Our site was a pull through. It wasn't bad, but if the sites on either side were occupied, it would have been way too close. We had no picnic table, and the concrete patio was small. No Cable or WiFi, but our Verizon MyFi worked fine. They just had a gate installed and were having trouble assigning cards for it. It's a bar across the drive, not security. There is no boundary fence around the property, including the sites that back up to the 4 lane highway. Highway noise all night. The bath house was filthy. There was no dog park. It appeared that most of the sites were seasonal, and not the cleanest nor newest RV's. Many have never been washed. The people we met were all nice, and mostly, the campground was quiet. With other campgrounds in the surrounding area, I highly doubt we'll come back. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Asphalt
Fire Ring, Patio

Featured Campgrounds Near Lake Somerset Family Campground

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $38.00

Small family owned park next to a major highway so you have a lot of traffic noise if outside. Sites were okay but close to each other. Do not come in here without a surge protector. Our electric surged above 130 volts for four days. The campground is trying to fix the issue but a word of warning. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $38.00

We stayed here September 24 - October 12 (working in the area). I will say this review would probably be very different had we been there during a warmer time. Having said that, we arrived on the day after their 'summer season' ended, so there were no amenities available that most rave about - the mini golf, kayaking, pool, movie nights, etc. The family that owns the place was very nice, although it was difficult to pin them down for real office hours, which was frustrating after I asked if I could have mail shipped there, but no one was there to accept the packages (twice, but once I flagged the UPS guy down). The site had a wooden deck that was in serious need of repair, a fire pit, and a very nice picnic table. Complete tree shade, so no satellite reception, no cable and 4 channels over the air cable. The laundry room had plenty of washers, less dryers ($1.75 wash/$1.50 dry). Besides everything seeming a little tired looking, I only have two complaints - the sewer - I hooked up to dump and immediately had a sewer fly infestation - yuck. And the water was horrible - it wasn't clear, it was yellowish and the water pressure was just above a trickle. For an overnight, we might stop if it was convenient, but not a place I'd plan a trip to. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $38.00

This was a stop on our 17 state journey, so just stayed one night.

Level, woody, which means no grass, so mostly gravel/dirt, spacing is pretty close. This is much larger than it appears, has a back section, by the newer cabins, which was nice for a little bike ride.

Bathroom/shower nice, and clean. Good laundry facility.

We like to stay on water, or at least have a view of the water. We could see the "lake" from our site and walk to it in about 30 seconds. Lots of things for kids to do. Nice pool. Good location for the small towns on the Eastern Shores of Virginia. Right off the main road. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Truck Camper.

a few from office
Long enough for my truck camper and a trailer too

Very nice area, the Eastern Shores. Could spend a couple days in the area. The next day we went to Assateague Island to see the ponies!

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $38.00

This campground is a delight. Wonderful owners and working to upgrade everything in the park. The bad reviews were from years past. This park is convenient, user friendly, clean, dogs are very welcome, price is right. Give it a try, you may decide to make this your seasonal get away. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Gravel, Grass
Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Take the ferry to Tangier Island, go to Assateaque Island, close to Ocean City

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $37.00

Stayed here for two nights, fri and sat. Bathhouse was clean,sites looked great. Cell service was excellent (Verizon). Had a family movie night which played on the door of their service garage. Store and pool greatly updated, new deck on pool and very distinct landscaping looked excellent. Had a deck over the pond which was great to sit on under their umbrellas. Mini golf a bit dated, but well kept. Paddle boats a blast, especially with the night lighted fountain. A great place to just enjoy with the family and kids, no pressure to do anything but relax. Close to a Walmart and ruby Tuesday's. Staff was courteous and helpful and very friendly. Lot of permanent sites, but everything looked well maintained. Curious recycling area, but at least they are trying. Highly recommend for an actual relaxing campground me stay. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $38.00

This is a nice campground off of Highway 13. The full hook-up pull-through sites are long and pretty level with gravel and grass. The TV antenna picks up 3 channels which was enough for us. The lake is right next to the sites, with lots of wild geese. The restrooms are older, but clean. The pool is very nice. The staff are very friendly. The Wi-Fi was not working for our 1 night stay, but my MiFi did, so it was not an issue. I gave it a 9 instead of 10, since they had no cable. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $38.00

Close to highway, some road noise. Roads are paved, sites are tight, but level and big rigs may find them short. Park has many sites with rigs set up permanently for weekend and vacation use. Few people there during week. Power, water and cell (AT&T) was good. We would recommend this park. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2010 - $37.00

The facilities at this campground are NOT top notch, however as a repeat camper for years, it's the friendly staff keeps me coming back yearly. There is great fishing in the Lake and local ponds nearby. There are NO planned activities for the family or kids. It's merely a basic park without all the hustle and bustle of typical campground resorts. Water, electric and sewer are available on most all sites. Mini golf and a CLEAN pool are available. The game room is quite outdated as well as the restrooms. I would recommend this campground if you would like a nice quiet getaway from the sometimes hectic resort campgrounds. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $35.00

This is a darling campground to pull in to. The owners are extemely family oriented and very nice. If you are a bird watcher, you won't be disappointed. Also, the catch and release fishing is fun in the lake. Large bass, gar, and catfish. Yes, it could use some updating. But it is fairly priced and in a great location to Crisfield, Ocean City, Chincoteague, Pocomoke River State Park, etc. I have very young children and felt very safe here. The water pressure was fine and power was adequate. We were here on a monthly basis so I don't know what a nightly rate is. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2009 - $36.00

We stopped at this park with a 30' class A with a vehicle in tow. The roads are a little tight but manageable. Might be tough with 40' unit with a vehicle in tow. There are a lot of trees and we reversed our direction in the pull thru site to get satellite TV with our dome. We faced the lake and things were fine. The geese were there as mentioned, and they do leave droppings all over. Not too much of a problem for us since we were only staying overnight. We had spent the previous night in the Kiptopke State park for $42 and we thought that, compared to the State Park, this was a better deal. The water pressure was sufficient and there were several sewer hook-up locations on the site which made that portion very easy. The electrical service was fine at 50 amp. We did not venture around the lake into the other area of the park so I can't comment about the condition of units there. In the passed several months of travel, in the East and West, we have noticed that ALL private parks seem to be allowing more and more "permanent" residents. The economy has forced many people to seek more affordable housing, and the large reduction in tourist traffic has forced the park owners to seek revenue wherever they can get it. I expect more "permanent" residents when I travel and I guess I am just happy that most of the RV parks have remained open in these tough times. As long as they are neat, it doesn't bother me since we very seldom stay more than one night. I would stay in this park again if in the area, especially since your choices are limited in this part of Maryland. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2008 - $39.00

This is more of a trailer park than a campground. Most of the people here are living here full time. We have a 37' foot 5th wheel and they assigned us a spot near the back of the campground. It was very difficult to get to the spot due to the overgrown trees and narrow roads. Once we made it to our spot, we found it to be way too small for our trailer. About this time, a very nice maintenance guy drove up on a golf cart and said, "I don't think you will fit in that spot, do you want a pull-thru" up near the front? I gladly accepted and he helped me back up and navigate to the new spot. Otherwise, the campground was full so if that pull-thru was not available, we would have probably had to leave and find a Walmart for the night. I did not go in the camp store, but my wife said what little was on the shelves looked like it had been there for years. I walked by the bath house and it was so run down and nasty looking on the outside, I did not even dare go inside. There is a Walmart about 6 miles south in Pocomoke City. If we are in this area again and have no other options, we will probably stay at that Walmart for the night rather than come back here. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Lake Somerset Family Campground

Are you affiliated with Lake Somerset Family Campground ?