Frankenmuth Jellystone Park

• Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Frankenmuth Jellystone Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $76.00

We filled our propane tank and also visited the camp store and bought souvenirs. The staff is super nice. No trash pick up, which is kind of annoying. They didn’t have the heat turned on in one of the community centers and it was pretty chilly when stuffing the animal and playing bingo. They do have an area along the back to walk your dog that is stocked with poop bags. We had a deluxe site, but it wasn’t paved and was muddy because it had rained. It was on the end and so we had a larger lot, but it was close to the next site on the other side. We come here often. There is a lot to see in Frankenmuth. We like the activities at this park. We stuffed an animal ($12), did a craft (really nice, no charge), and played candy bar bingo (entrance fee is one candy bar per bingo card).

If you’re going to have a fire, you need to bring an above-ground fire unit. They sell them in the store if you don’t have one. Be sure to secure your trash. We had animals get into ours and scatter it all over overnight. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $56.00

This park has a great location right in downtown Frankenmuth close to restaurants and shopping. Positives for this park is the helpful and friendly staff and the indoor pool with hot-tub. There are a few negatives, many of the sites in this park are quite small and close together. On the smaller sites the power pedestals and water hook-ups are 30 amp shared and are located behind the sites. Some of the larger sites in the back have 50 amp hook-ups and are large enough to accommodate larger campers. The rest rooms are clean, but the showers have a push button control that does not allow for temperature adjustments and shuts off frequently ... my wife counted 22 presses of the button for a short shower. Also, due to city ordinance there are not fire rings at each site, there are a limited number of fire rings available in a central location in the park. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

Nicest YBJ park we have visited. Beautiful setting, very well maintained, friendly and helpful staff. They were just gearing up for Memorial Day and the place was at its finest. Convenient to all Frankenmuth attractions. Sites are well spaced out and easy to navigate. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

River Place shops worth a visit -- especially Cherry Republic. If you like cherries, this is the place for you!

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $61.00

Park has almost no trees,narrow roads and way over priced. I asked for a deluxe site, so I would not be in a very narrow site-regular sites your slide out almost touches the next site's awning, that was $60/night with full hook ups. There were only about 25 campers in the park with about 300 sites. The clerk picked my site-I said I wanted a space that was easy in and out so she gave me a backin. After setting up I realize there is no cable at my site-you have to have a space in the rear part of the park-same price, but pull thru. I paid for full hook ups with cable but didn't get it, the clerk knew there was no cable in my site-but assigned it to me anyway. With the park almost empty why give out bad sites and leave better sites empty. I will never stay that this overpriced park again. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Travel Trailer.

Go to the Prost restaurant and wine bar-great food and very good prices.

Featured Campgrounds Near Frankenmuth Jellystone Park

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $42.00

Park was clean and neat - although showed some touches of age (some of the concrete site pads were cracked and broken up). We had to do some jockeying to get our rig far enough away from the large tree on site in order to open our main driver slide. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Bronner's Christmas store is right across the street. Downtown Frankenmuth was very short drive. Quite convenient.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $71.00

First, the good parts. Location is excellent. It is only about 1 mile to the Bavarian Inn so it is walkable which is a good thing since parking in Frankenmuth can be an issue. We still drove. The park itself is kept very clean, everywhere. The roads and sites are well kept and there is plenty of thinks for kids to do. Bottom line, we would return and pay the higher price because it is so much more convenient than any other park in the area. On the negative side, the sites are close together and there is very little shade anywhere except under your awning. The showers, which were good sized, well appointed and clean had a little push button thing that started the water. No problems so far. The issue was that the temperature could not be changed and it was too hot. Way too hot. Back to the good things, the staff was excellent. When I thought there was a problem with the power pedestal they sent someone out immediately. It turned out that the camper never bothered to check the internal (his) circuit breaker, which never fails, to see if it was tripped. Still they were very nice and did not laugh at me. To correct a few items from a previous review, the restrooms are air conditioned and the outdoor pool is now open. Again, Frankenmuth is a delightful city and we will be back at this park the next time we visit. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Travel Trailer.

Convenient parking fills up quickly so get there early. Try to park in the middle, near the Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center, it makes hauling your purchases back to the vehicle easier. Don't forget to go to either Kern's or Willi's for their sausage. The summer and hunters sausages are great. One is at the north end and the other is at the south.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $62.00

I had reserved a premium site. Was initially given a back-in site with concrete pad. The pad was so broken and damaged that I was unable to level. The campground was mostly empty so I returned to the office and requested that I be put in a pull through because of my inability to level on the site I was given. They promptly made the necessary changes and gave me a great pull through site on the end of a row. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Travel Trailer.

The town of Frankenmuth has great restaurants and shopping. We took the boat tour and enjoyed it. We were on our way to Mackinaw City from Detroit area and this was a great short duration intermediate stop.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $67.00

This is a gated park in a location convenient to the nice little town of Frankenmuth. It was easy to find and the office staff friendly.

I did not use the showers. The women's restroom was clean, but not air-conditioned. This gave it a feeling of being less than clean because it was extremely humid and over 90 degrees during our stay.

There was a beautiful outdoor pool next to the restrooms that looked inviting, but was never opened although the sign said, "Opening summer of 2016." It seemed really odd for this big new finished pool to be inaccessible in mid-August when there are so few days left in the season. The indoor pool was opened, but again, it was so hot and humid in the pool area, it was not inviting.

There are a limited number of 50 amp sites and the pads are crushed stone, not concrete. Some of the corners are tight and the park roads are very narrow, making it a little difficult to navigate a big rig.

The park advertises "free high-speed" internet, however, we could not even access our email using their wi-fi. There was an antenna next to our site and our devices said that the strength was at 100%, but the band width was so minimal, neither our tablets nor laptops could even access email or a web page. The park was sparsely occupied on the first couple of days we were here, so I doubt the problem was due to an excess of devices using their Wi-Fi. The free cable was via Direct TV and provided poor reception for only 22 channels. When it rained we lost service. We will not likely stay here again. Although the park overall was ok, it is WAY overpriced for the services provided. It is more like a $25 to $35 per night park. The price before our military discount was $71 per night for weekdays and $76 for weekends.

I was really sorry that I had paid for three days before we found out: no outdoor pool and no internet since those were the reasons we chose this park. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Fun walk through the town: plenty of interesting little shops. The wooden, covered bridge is a must-see. Recommend the Bavarian Belle Riverboat paddleboat tour: reasonably priced at $12 per person. Shuttles and horse and carriage rides. Close enough to town to just walk.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $63.00

Very nice and spacious. Quiet and friendly. Not much to do in the area other than the Christmas store. WiFi not good. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $45.00

We spent two nights. The park is very clean and laid out very well so that access is easy in and easy out. Standard sites are very close, a 10' wide gravel parking strip separated by a 10' grass strip. Slideouts are very close. Premium sites have more space, some with paved patios.

WIFI was extremely slow. There is no cable TV. There were more than a dozen stations received by our antenna. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Travel Trailer.

H
Gravel, Grass

Sunny Open, Some Shade

There are to many activities, restaurants, shops, etc., nearby to list them here. Search Frankenmuth online for details.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $30.00

This is a great family campground with lots of activities for kids. I would have gave better reviews but the sites are small and some of the sites have aging electrical pedestals. My electrical prong was arching in the box and they told me I was drawing to much amperage...well if that was the case it seems like it would have tripped there 30 amp breaker which it did not. Also no firepits at sites. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $61.00

We stayed during a dog show- which we did not know about. The park was noisy and the campground did nothing to get the campers to quiet their dogs. For the dogs being show dogs- in my opinion they needed a lot more training. The park did not enforce the rules of them using the dog runs. The sites are very small, for $61 a night it definitely was not worth it. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $70.00

Stayed over Memorial Day weekend. Have stayed at this park many times over the past few years. You pay for location and kids activities here. Indoor pool is great, albeit crowded on holiday weekends (which is expected). They are building a new outdoor pool and redoing the mini golf right now. Roads are starting to show their age and can be a little hazardous walking in the dark. Walking distance to Bronner's and downtown Frankenmuth. Staff is always wonderful, never had any problems with them. Campground is in city limits, so that is why you need a portable fire pit per the city of Frankenmuth. Sites can be very small, especially if you have slides. Sewers can be far away on some sites as well. Pull-through power poles/water spigot can be right out your door on some pull-through sites as well. For the best sites, pay for the deluxe or premium sites, they have more room. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $54.00

Frankenmuth Jellystone is all about location. You are within walking distance of Bronners, Zehnders, etc. All the hot spots. They always have terrific kid activities, good for the family. The only critique is the size of the spots; they are very narrow. Your slide is going to be about a foot away from your neighbor's awning. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Motorhome.

Patio

Always something to see or do in Frankenmuth! Check out the Festival listings for weekend activities. Book early for spring World Expo of Beer and fall Oktoberfest.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $60.00

Great place for kids. No fire rings. No ground fires. Sewer set up a little difficult to use. Sites small. No cable. We camped at Frankenmuth Jellystone Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Close to Bronners and Frankenmuth

Featured Campgrounds Near Frankenmuth Jellystone Park

Are you affiliated with Frankenmuth Jellystone Park ?