5.3 Average

Elm Creek, Nebraska

2005 Highway 183
Elm Creek, Nebraska 68836

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Group Camping Group Camping no
  • Camp Store Camp Store no
  • Pet Area Pet Area no
  • Propane Available Propane Available no
  • Playground Playground no
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Sunny Meadows Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $20.00

Maybe for an overnight, but nothing else. It is in the middle of nowhere, so close to the road you can reach out and touch it (road isn't overly traveled though), and muddy. The owner or host had spent some time re-arranging dirt then it rained. The mud holes were awful. When we were breaking down to leave we were wading around in mud and water. There was dog poop in our green area. We didn't use the laundry or showers so can't remark on that. The owner/host was friendly and helpful. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $20.00

This is a large gravel area and the facilities are quite old making it hard to keep them clean. However, it is an easy on/off I 80 and very close to Kearney with great biking trails. The site was level with hook ups in the rear so you may need additional cords/hoses. The wifi worked ok at the site as did the antenna. The roads were wide and easy to maneuver. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $30.00

Jury is still out. This is a dirt parking lot with electric etc diagonally next to each other. I didn't expect to be 50' from the highway and freaked out when my little dog hopped out of the van wandering around while I was stopped by someone who works for the owner. She didn't get it that I was petrified of my dog getting out on the highway as I was trying to dislodge from the conversation. I was exhausted traveling all day and wasn't interested in chatting at all. Drop money in box. Turns out restrooms were backed up and a sewage truck showed up at 11:30 with lights and noise blasting - waking me out of a sound sleep and I proceeded to throw up from the horrendous stench of backed up sewer lines. IF management had been on the grounds checking it's facilities - they would have known of this issue - to say they didn't find out until they cruised thru to make sure everyone had paid...sorry NOT impressed. While I was told I would receive a refund - time will tell if that's true. Doubtful. This is a one night place. Highway noisy. I was doing 1,400 miles. One night and move on. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $40.00

With Passport America fee, this was worth the night's stay ($20). It has all the hook-ups you need, but is basically a parking lot with hook-ups. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sunny Meadows Campground

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $20.00

This is just a parking lot with hookups. Most of the spaces are permanent. We stayed on the weekend and the residents were quiet, but the road noise was loud until after dark. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $20.00

Basically a dusty dump. Although they advertise and have pull-through sites, we could not fit with our motorhome and toad. Power was very erratic when plugged in...too risky. We moved on and found another place to stay. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $20.00

Never saw anyone having to do with Park. Very dusty with prevailing winds. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Not much happening in Elm Creek. Although off the I-80, the road we were on was very noisy.The regular rate seems to be $30 and the Passport America rate should therefore be half or $15, but they add $5 for "taxes and fees." Many of the sites looked as though permanent folks were in. Some loud dogs also

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $20.00

Do not stay here if rain is expected. We almost had to use 4wheel drive to get out of our space. It was a muddy mess. The Southern spaces were away from standing water. Basic, easy to get to, in a field. Pay cash. No park hosts. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $15.00

Many of the diagonal sites were too short for our motorhome keeping tow attached, but we did find a few, as we just needed an overnight. Good for one night, as very close to major highway; lots of highway noise. Payment is drop box only. Passport America for $15 charge, with an added $5 fee.
Some of the long termers needed to clean up their trash around campers, which wind had blown around. Convenient, but absolutely nothing special. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Motorhome.

Nothing within walking distance.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $20.00

The comments from 2016 are accurate. A good bargain for a place to sleep and hit the road the next morning. I made a reservation, but in the end it was first come, first served. Leave the money in the envelope and plug in. Lots of long-term residents so it has a trailer park feel to it. No one bothered us, but we just weren't comfortable. I think that I will stay in Kearney next time. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

A Flying J travel center is less than a mile away. Convenient to the interstate.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $20.00

As other have said, just a gravel parking lot with full hook-ups. Really convenient right off I-80. We have been stopping here for years on our way from IL to Denver. WiFi was great this time. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $20.00

Ditto what others are saying. PA rate really is $20/night not $15. But, it's hot and 2 Air conditioners are running on 50 amp just fine and that's what we need for one night. Some other campers have chosen not to pick up their dog's poop and that is just wrong. Too bad the park hasn't picked it up either. But there is a bit of grass for the dogs and that is nice. Advertised free wifi is unsecured and doesn't work at all. I'm on my Verizon hotspot. Didn't venture into the restrooms at all and we seldom do. Easy in and out and for the price we would spend one night if traveling through here again. But the price really should be $15 not $20 as advertised in the PA book because non PA members don't have to pay the extra $5 for "taxes and fees" which feels like BS. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $20.00

The reviews I previously read about this place were being too kind. First off, Passport America lists it for $15/night (normal fee is $30). This is a self serve place. You fill out form and put that and $$ in envelope and drop in box. When you get there, there is a sign that says 1 night is $30 or Passport America is $15 a night PLUS $5.00 for taxes and fees = $20 a night. It doesn't say anything about the $30 having extra for taxes and fees...just the discounted rate for Passport America. Cash only for one night. There is a Pilot Gas Station right off I-80 and this place is just a short distance down the road. Highway 183 runs right past the campground.. and I am talking close. There are LOTS of semis on this road 24/7 and the majority of them are loud. There is also train noise at all hrs of the day. The electricity is fine, the water pressure is low, the sewer hook up was fine. The laundry and toilet area are in one building which could use a good cleaning. No toilet paper or paper towels in men's bathroom. We used the washer and dryers. There are 2 of each. They are $1.50 a machine. We had to redo 1 load of washed items as the washer did not spin very well and all of the clothes were soaking wet. This appears to be a place for permanent trailers, some pretty trashy in appearance. I didn't see much activity of full timers or travelers going on there. There is no way this place is worth $30/night. That is way overpriced. And in my opinion, it wasn't even worth $20. I would say, because of the full hookup availability, $10/night would be fair, given the conditions of this place. It is a gravel parking lot with little patches of grass/weeds here and there. Sites are kinda level in some areas. It had just rained and there were big puddles everywhere so it can't be that level. We are full timers and have seen our share of RV campgrounds and this is the worst we have encountered, given all the circumstances listed above. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Kearney was 18 miles away. Big city, they have everything.

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $15.00

Other 2015 reviews accurately review this I-80 overnight spot. It is about a half mile from I-80 right on the highway, so you will hear highway noise. Only used electric which was fine.The I-80 exit also has a Pilot gas station (no RV lane) with easy in and out. For the easy access convenience and basic services would stay here again. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $15.00

Good for an overnight stay, but that's about all. Dusty and only one dumpster at far end of CG. We camped at Sunny Meadows Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sunny Meadows Campground

Are you affiliated with Sunny Meadows Campground ?