Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA

Clarksboro, New Jersey

117 Timberlane Rd
Clarksboro, New Jersey 08020

• Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $70.00

When I called to make a reservation, I said I only care about one thing: shade. I don't need a pull through, I don't care how tight the space is, I don't care how level it is. I just want shade. The woman explained that "the computer" assigns a site when we arrive. So we arrived shortly after check-in time, only to find out they assign all the sites for each day first thing in the morning. We were in the back "shady area" but the site (68) was full sun. Eventually we were able to get a shady site but it was just too much trouble from the front office for me. But the wifi was good. We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Travel Trailer.

The Philadelphia metro system is quite extensive, so I'd consider staying further out on the Pennsylvania side next time - the toll back from New Jersey was $30 and there is more to do in PA. Unless, of course, you are going to the shore.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $65.00

What an improvement since before it was a KOA. this is an old campground but improving every month. Very convenient to philly and 1 1/2 hours to Jersey shore. Will stay again since we have family in the area. We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $69.00

This is a very nice, well kept campground. We stayed here because it was close to Philadelphia. Our site was gravel almost level, nice and shady. We have a 42ft fifth wheel and had no problems getting into the campground. We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

There is no where in Philadelphia to park a big 3/4 ton truck. You will need to take the train. The office staff is very helpful with giving directions to the train station and what to do when you get there. It is no big deal to take the train into Philly.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $63.00

18 miles from Philadelphia but a fairly easy drive. Good WiFi. Nice dog park. Good size sites. Fairly rural location but stores, restaurants and gas within a couple of miles. Nice clean park.
My only complaint would be their check in time policy of 1 pm. We had previously been in Atlantic City so the drive was only about one hour. Checkout from our previous Campground was 11. I called to inquire about coming in about 1/2 hour early and was told there would be a $25 dollar charge for any check in before 1 pm. I found this quite off putting. We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $67.00

We had reserved a larger site in another part of the campground. We had called well before our arrival and extended our stay. When we arrived we found that we did not have the site we originally reserved. Seems that when we extended KOA changed the type and location of our site but didn't tell us. The new site was s few bucks cheaper but no where near as large or as nice. There was quite a bit of rain before and during our stay. Site was very wet and muddy. Drainage in this area of the park is poor. Some minor regrading and some additional gravel would fix this. Our site was so small we could not use our fire ring if the site adjacent to us was occupied. We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Death of a Fox brewpub and coffee bar nearby.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $69.00

FHU hook ups were kind of spread out, but I didn't need extensions. Cable TV was not usable during this visit. They know and are "trying to get it fixed". Basically, for us, a good spot for overnight rest in southern New Jersey. We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Picnic Table, Patio

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $45.00

We had a generous lot and were very happy with the location. The people in the office were friendly and efficient. Strongly suggest you see Longwood Gardens when you’re in the area. We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $60.00

Power and water pressure good. Good interior roads and level sites. Convenient to visiting Philly. Fuel and groceries nearby. Easy exit off I-295 from the south. If coming from the north, GPS may send you through what looks like the entrance to the truck stop. OK, saves a couple of miles. We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $54.00

Traveling full-time in a 38-foot coach we stayed 16-nights in a site for big rigs (site # 43). Pd $54.29/night. The good....if you desire to stay close to Philadelphia this would be an excellent choice. This is a very quiet park and very well maintained. If you have a dog there is ample area to walk your pet plus a fenced dog park located at the front of the park. Our AT&T phones worked great here and we also had satellite reception. However, if your site is on the outside perimeter, you may not get satellite reception because of the beautiful tall trees surrounding the park. After 16-nights, the dust on our coach was minimal compared to many other parks. Big coaches need a gravel pad, so we give this RV Park a 5-star rating for the thick gravel pad. Each site had room at the side of the coach for sitting and relaxing while BBQing. There are two separate sections to this park, the back section located on the back side of the beautiful pond area. We stayed in the front section of the park at the end of a row, which turned-out to be one of the better sites. The bad...the park provides a free wifi hotspot for checking email and surfing the web, but it can only be accessed at the office area. If you want wifi at your site then wifi can be purchased thru a third party provider. We went the extra mile and paid $28 for the streaming package. The wifi sucked. We were never able to stream or open email attachments using their wifi. Sent the wifi provider 3-emails, but never received a response back. We felt totally ripped-off. Other then the bad wifi experience, we enjoyed our stay there and would probably stay again. We'd just be prepared to use our own hot spot instead of paying for a wifi package that never worked! We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Motorhome.

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $55.00

Nice and quite CG. Typical KOA amenities. Only 20min to subway. Only complaint is that our site didn't drain. After a rain there was a 6 inch puddle outside where our steps were. Would stay again. We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $63.00

I did not find our site to be small like other reviews. Our pull through site was plenty long enough with plenty of room on both sides and it was easy to get level. Park roads were good and we were escorted to our site. Power was good as was the water. My only issue with this park was the price. $63 for a site with no wifi, unless I walked to the office, is a bit pricey for us. This is our 3 time at this park and it will be our last due to pricing. I'll find another park or another route in the future. We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $63.00

Close to the highway and close to Philadelphia. My only concern was that the sites are very close and our awning almost hits the camper next to us. Additionally each site has a two plus foot metal pike at the entrance of each site. This made it very hard to position our camper and slides. This is like almost all NJ campsites that were built years ago. I'm just hoping we can pull out easily...as these sites are very close. There are a couple premium sites close to their pond though. We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $55.00

This campground was recently acquired by the KOA system. It was previously known as Timberlane Campground. For that reason it is laid out differently from typical KOAs: The sites are somewhat smaller. They had to reassign me a different site, when the one I originally had was way too small; the site I finally got into was oversized and comfortable. The lanes have a lot more bends, and I never got to the point where I could find my way back to the park without my GPS. That said, it's a lovely, well-wooded park, with a large pond with a fountain and an island with a picnic table. The staff was quite helpful and friendly. There seems to be ample support for onsite family activities, and that's good, for its suburban setting means there is not much to do in the surrounding community. And they were actively building new cabins and play areas. Of course, it's an easy day trip into Philadelphia, for a $5 one-way toll across the bridge, and that was my primary reason for choosing the park. We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $64.00

After reading many positive reviews about this campground we decided to make it our season opener. We were very disappointed. Our site was extremely narrow. Our picnic table was literally right next to the trailer next to us and about 10ft from their sewer drain. Also, much of the area was plain dirt and under construction. The staff was very friendly but the camp store was almost non existent. I hate to be negative, but we were a little shocked at how narrow the site was. We will not be returning. We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $55.00

There aren't too many options to visit Philadelphia. This seemed like the best option. The new owners are investing in this older campground and have already installed about 10 new gravel sites and we observed another 10 or so under construction. Would recommend you request one of these sites. While there is no shade, they are plenty wide, you'll get satellite reception and there's even extra area to park your tow car adjacent to your RV. The older sites are very tight and tree covered. We stayed one night in site 4 and then moved to 102 which we loved. By next Spring I would imagine the new sites and the typical KOA amenities will all be in place and we'd stay here again. Cable was adequate (although not yet installed in the new sites), Wifi was good and AT&T service was excellent. We camped at Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA in a Motorhome.

There are limited options for diesel fuel & eating at this exit. Everyone has an opinion on Philly Cheesesteak. We tried several and enjoyed Tony Luca's the best. Don't try a cheesesteak without the Cheez Wiz. Makes a big difference!

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Featured Campgrounds Near Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA

Are you affiliated with Philadelphia South / Clarksboro KOA ?