6 Average

• Playground Playground no
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Liberty Harbor RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $120.00

It is hard to rate this "RV park". It is a paved parking lot that spots marked off as sites with power and water for each site. There is a dump site. It is the location that makes this park a great place to stay. Just about 6 or 7 blocks, an easy walk, to the PATH train into Manhattan, for $2.75 each way. That takes you to the World Trade Center where you can catch a number of subways to go uptown. There is 24 hour security and it is right next to a huge marina. You can walk about 1/2 mile to a dock where you catch a ferry from Liberty Harbor to Liberty Park (about a 2 minute ferry ride) where you can catch a boat to the Statue of Liberty or you can go to the Liberty Science Center. Or you can ferry over to Manhattan. I rate this as a very convenient RV park for visiting Manhattan and it appears to be safe. The neighborhood is changing. Lot of new buildings and residences and a lot of people walking around. The park itself has nothing else to offer. Location, Location, Location. They charged more for Memorial Day Weekend, which is understandable. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $110.00

The bathrooms did have rust and were a bit old but were cleaned daily and I took a shower daily and was not grossed out by the rust. The bathrooms were not moldy or smelly. There is a gym next door that does not belong to the RV park that does play loud music that you can hear in the ladies bathroom but it was not a huge deal for me. As stated in previous reviews the rv park is just a parking lot but the location is AMAZING!! The train/subway stop is more like 8-9 blocks away but was easy to find and easy to use. We felt safe using it during the week and during the day. The also close the gates and ask for ID for anyone including people walking who arrive after dark. I felt safe and it was quiet. The park was great for what it was. You can easily walk to the bathrooms from any space and the dump station was easy to use. Definitely worth the price to be so close to Manhattan and still sleep in our own beds. Of course Manhatten was amazing, to much to list. Once you get off of the Path in Jersey city you will find some amazing shops and restaurants. We enjoyed walking around Jersey city. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Motorhome.

A04

Spacious, Very Close

Definitely check out Miso Ramen restaurant. Wow amazing ramen and the buns are delicious also. We also tried some pizza and potstickers at a few other restaurants. We would visit Manhatten during the day and walk around Jersey city for dinner time.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $117.00

This RV Park is a potholed parking lot. Although the convenience to the City is tremendous, it is a total rip off. Somewhere in their check in banter they swear they inform you that check out is at 11:00 (which is normal), HOWEVER listen very carefully for them to tell you that you MUST CHECK OUT IN PERSON AND SIGN A CLIPBOARD THAT YOU ARE CHECKING OUT. Failure to do so will result in a $40 charge to your credit card. Additionally, if you are headed north, you can't take the Holland Tunnel due to height restrictions. You must cross the Geo. Washington Bridge, which cost $84.00. There was an additional $19 toll along the way. That is a total of $260.00 to park one night in a parking lot. Easily accessible to NY City is the ONLY advantage to staying here. We will never do so again. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Narrow
Asphalt, Gravel, Dirt

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: February, 2019 - $110.00

Pricy, No amenities, Lousy Customer Service, Horrible roads getting into the park. This is a glorified parking lot for boats that they allow RV's to park at. The problem is that you have no other choice for RV parking in the immediate area and they know it. The Location to NY is good but everything else is bad. There was no internet during my entire stay and they did not care. Said it was a courtesy to have internet and the connection was not guaranteed. The guard let me look at the equipment to try an get it to reset. I laughed. There running an old cheap Cisco G Router that looks to have been built a decade ago. The one on the shelf at Best Buy that cost about $20 bucks. At over $110 per day, they can afford a good router that delivers a stable internet connection. The roads to the park are worse than horrible. Even driving very slow to avoid as much road damage as possible. Which consists of dozens of potholes and bumps from the start of when you get off Interstate all the way to the RV Park. There are dozens of potholes and road damage you can not avoid. (Where do they put the Millions collected every day in road tolls) The roads totally damaged the front end alignment on my coach, damaged one of my steering arms and bent the axel on my tow dolly. $1900 dollars of front end damage to the coach and the tow dolly will have to be replaced. And to stick a knife in the wound. I found an extra $40 dollar charge on my bill. When I called they told me it was because I did not go to the office and sign out. I met the guard at the gate at 6:30 AM the morning I was leaving and told him I was leaving. He never told me I needed to sign out. Guess that they needed the $40 dollars to repair their nonexistent internet. Possibly also to repair their attitudes toward their guests. Recommend you find another park even if it is a few miles away. You will be much happier and save costly damage to your coach. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Motorhome.

B-8

Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near Liberty Harbor RV Park

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $105.00

We stayed for a 3 day weekend. Other reviews already say it: this is a parking lot with water/electric hookups. We had a row end site, which made it feel more spacious. Our site had a view of the Statue of Liberty - very cool! If you're using it as a base to explore NYC, it's perfect. Walked to the ferry to Liberty State Park. Easy walk to/from the PATH train to Manhattan. Wifi worked fine. We didn't spend much time in the camper or the campground. Be honest with yourself... if you want a "normal" campground or camping resort, this is not a place for you. It's perfect for my family; cheaper than a hotel, close to transportation, and a really unique experience. I definitely expect to stay here again. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Motorhome.

B01

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $80.00

Traveling in a 38 foot coach we stayed 13 nights in a site for big rigs (A05). The good....If you desire to stay close to New York City then this is a good option, actually your only option. This RV Park has a good gravel pad for each site, however our pad was so uneven we had to set levelers on one side of the unit (yes we do have an auto-leveling system too). Definitely would be a big improvement if this park re-leveled this entire park. This is a very quiet park even though Jersey City is right next door. The laundry facility is clean and equipped with modern washers and dryers. The restrooms and showers were well kept and clean (5-stars). If you have satellite, you'll receive reception here. The office personnel are extremely nice and helpful. We visited several local restaurants based on their recommendations. The bad.....If you're traveling with a dog there's no defined dog area and as far as a grassy area...you'll need to walk across the street. None of the sites offer any privacy and if you visit during the hot summer, no shade trees. This is not a RV Park where you go to sit outside and relax. However, we enjoyed our stay here and we would stay here again. Side Note: We live in the age of WIFI technology and there is nothing to stop this RV park from investing in doing WIFI properly. For some users such as ourselves, WIFI is an important feature and was one of the reasons for our stay here. We know enough not to count on a good signal over the weekends, but during the weekday there is no excuse. We even have the WIFI-Ranger on our roof with a direct-line-of-sight to their WIFI source. There are no trees in the line-of-sight, and the distance is not a factor. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $110.00

It's all about LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Sites are really close and on gravel. Can be very tight for 45' coach to get in and out if park is full. Power poor but we made it through with a few outages. It was 95 degrees when we were there which didn't help.Barely any grass on which to walk your pet. The ferry has moved so it's about a 15 minute walk over to it and longer to the Path (subway to NYC). We will always stay here because of the convenience to NYC and mass transportation, just don't expect to have a lovely "camping" experience. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Motorhome.

C-11

For the ladies, Saks on Madison Avenue is the best of all their stores. Lots of help there too. We loved our lunch at BH Kitchen & Bar on 49th across from Saks. We were told it's the best burger in town but we had over plates and they were superb.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $90.00

Back-in sites on patchy, weedy asphalt. Utilities: 50/30 amp, water, no sewer, spotty wifi, good cell coverage, no satellite obstructions. There is a dump in one corner of the campground with reachable but slightly annoying access. The grounds are fairly scabby and there is almost nowhere to walk a dog. Neighbors are close, but no real issues parking or deploying. Staff are knowledgeable and friendly. We would never recommend this place were it not for the location. There is no better alternative for NYC and as a place to stay and sleep Liberty Harbor works. We staid 8 nights and went to plays in midtown daily. Our commute: walk to Hudson-Bergen light rail about 1/5 mile away, ride 2 stops to Exchange Place, walk across plaza, take Parh train one stop to Wold Trade Center stop in Oculus, walk thru shiny well-lit Oculus to subway stops at other end of building, ride appropriate subway uptown. There are many subway lines to choose from, so you can usually get pretty close to wherever you need to go Our commute to Midtown was typically about 45 minutes. The trip home each evening was typically over an hour, because the subways and trains run less frequently and there is a bit more waiting. Each segment was $2.75. We got an unlimited seven day MetroCard, but that does not work for Path or Hudson. We added money to the metrocard to cover rhe Path trips and bought tickets for the Hudson rail. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

C17
Asphalt, Gravel

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $93.00

This is not an RV Park, just a place to park your RV to see NYC. Don't be thinking your going to sit by your site and relax. Your neighbors are right on top of you! The sites by the office, back fence and 3rd row seem to have the best size. However sites B1 and A2 have good views of the statue. Best sites are the end sites for views. I would definitely stay here again next time we visit NYC. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

B3

5 block walk to the PATH train into NYC. Or a short walk to the Ferry to Liberty State Park or NYC financial district. There is a ferry from the campground to NYC.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $99.00

Ok this is a oversized parking space for you to park your trailer with hookups. Call it a campsite, I wouldn't. It is however someplace to stay, sleep in your RV and everyday see NYC. Great location. Parked Saturday when I got there and never started my truck again till leaving a week later. You can walk to places to eat, the subway, and a ferry. There is a guard on staff so you can feel comfortable. A well laid out information pack and a clean place to take a shower. If you are looking for something different then your normal camping experience, then this area will not disappoint. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

B10
Asphalt, Gravel

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $85.00

As per other reviews. We stayed 7 nights and got a weekly rate. To exit North and travel on I-95 follow there directions that are perfect. At the end of Bright St you see a ramp to I-78 which goes west before turning around to I-95. The trolls of I-95 to Boston are $30 +$50+$5 for 27ft RV and Toad. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Motorhome.

C18
Asphalt

It was very convenient to the Path service. If you want to go up into the statue of Liberty its booking 4 months ahead. A Korean called Cho Dang Gol on 34th between 5 and 6 Ave was excellent.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $90.00

As others have said, this is basically a big parking lot next to the marina with fairly narrow spaces so don't come expecting a resort. The sites have electric and water, but no sewer and there is a dump station near the front if needed. It's all about location, location since this park gives you easy access to New York via either a ferry boat or subway, both within easy walking distance. The Statue of Liberty or New York are easily accessed via the Liberty Landing ferry. The New York side ferry landing is just a few blocks from the World Trade Center and is only $7 each way. If you can book in advance, get site 30 or 32 in the back corner near the boat storage. These two sites have a little more space than the others. All sites are back in, there are no pull throughs. The management was very friendly and helpful. We stayed here in a 42' motor home. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Motorhome.

Wall Street, World Trade Center, One World Observation tower, 9/11 Memorial and Museum, Statue of Liberty are all easily accessed via ferry boats from the park area.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $90.00

My wife and I have been camping for 41 years and this was the worst campground we ever stayed in. We would have left immediately, except we had prepaid tickets to the September 11 museum and memorial, Ellis Island and the Statue Of Liberty and a Broadway Show. So why? We had to prep our site by moving stacked old tables, the area itself is a crumbling parking lot with a few striped and numbers, there was a sewer, the men's room was wet all the time and missing a large portion of the ceiling, there is rusted junk metal near the dump station and an area for tents had carpet sections that looked like they were last changed when Bush Sr. Was president. The only saving grace was the ease of getting into the city - a short bike trip or brisk walk or Uber ride got us to the PATH Train which got us where we wanted to go. We will NEVER return. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

A03

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $110.00

Liberty Harbor's claim to fame is its location...which is perfect for visiting NYC. Guests at this gated entry (with guard) park have 3 great options. The Liberty Harbor ferry, located at the RV park, takes you to Wall Street. The Warren Street Ferry, about a 5-minute walk, goes to the financial district. A third option is to walk down Marin Blvd. to the Grove Street PATH subway station and catch the train. We used all three during our stay and found all to be very, very safe and easy to use. Other than its location, Liberty Harbor RV Park is bare bones...water and electric only (Dump station available.)...asphalt roads with tight gravel sites except for the far exterior which has paved sites. (Even the office workers make no pretense that it is anything more than a glorified parking lot.) There is also an area for tenters, very small astro-turf squares tucked to the side of the park, across from the restrooms/laundry. While we were there, the coded-lock door on the Women's Room had been removed due to a malfunction, which was very unfortunate, as the entry door had complete access to Marin Blvd through a gate which was left propped open during the day by a business located next to the Men's Room. The Men's Room door (farther away from the main road) still required an access code to enter. Ideally, until the replacement locked door arrives for the Women's Room, the doors should be switched so the Women's Room has the coded-lock door. Hard for women to feel safe taking showers when anyone off the street could walk in sight unseen. (Ironic there is a gated entrance with a guard for entering vehicles, but near the restrooms, anyone can walk through the open gate in the fence during business hours or through the door of the fitness business located on the corner of the building.) Other than this, which indeed is rather important, we didn't mind staying in this park. We knew full well going in what to expect regarding amenities, thus there were no surprises. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $99.00

We knew going in that this would be little more than an expensive urban parking lot with easy access to NYC. Getting into and out of the RV Park was easier than expected, even in our 42' motorhome with tow car. The only difficulty was due to double-parked cars and delivery trucks along the local roads. Our site (B18) was level and long enough for our rig and tow car parked sideways. It was just barely wide enough for us to open our slide-outs on both sides if we parked dead center in the site. Fortunately the rigs on either side of us didn't have slides... if they did, they'd be within an inch of touching ours. The free Wi-Fi worked better than expected... not exactly fast, but usable almost all the time. I was surprised that many of the sites in our row were unlevel, and several rigs had their front wheels up in the air or blocks under tires. The dump station is in a corner of the RV park, so you need to back your rig into that corner to use it which is awkward but manageable. We were pleasantly surprised to find several grassy areas to walk our dog nearby, including some longer walks to Liberty State Park or the unofficial off-leash dog "beach" past the ferry. Our dog did pick up LOT of deer ticks from the grass during our stay which surprised us in the city. Our biggest complaint was low voltage in our 50 amp site. Our second day (in June) was sunny and warm, and running just one of our three air conditioners caused our Progressive EMS to shut off power due to low voltage (around 108 volts I think). The office said it's out of their control and "sometimes the city sends us low voltage". Since we were leaving our dog home while we visited the city, I had to remove the Progressive and leave just one A/C on for the day. Fortunately we are able to remotely monitor our RV temperatures and the inside temp only reached 82 degrees with the one A/C running. I'd be very concerned about staying here in summer and leaving our dog without reliable 50A power. We camped at Liberty Harbor RV Park in a Motorhome.

B18
Asphalt

Featured Campgrounds Near Liberty Harbor RV Park

Are you affiliated with Liberty Harbor RV Park ?