Albuquerque Central KOA

• Public Phone Public Phone yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Albuquerque Central KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $40.00

An overnight drop-in while doing a long run - hoping to avoid nasty weather - while fleeing to the south west. We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $66.00

We've stayed here before for one night traveling between Texas and Utah, and it is very convenient, being right off I-40. However, I believe this is the most over-priced park I have ever stayed at! It is very noisy due to highway traffic as well as aircraft traffic when the wind is out of a direction that causes the commercial aircraft to take off right over the park. The sites are really close together, and my utilities were practically right on top of my neighbor's picnic table. I've stayed at much quieter locations with larger sites at nearly half the price, and will be looking elsewhere the next time I'm coming through Albuquerque. We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $78.00

This is a KOA which is typically tight quarters, crowded and we had the bonus of a dog park at the bottom of our steps but we do not have a dog with us. This was a pull thru on a hard surface pad with poor to no WiFi. For an overnight stay and basic amenities, this place was EXPENSIVE @ $78/night. We will probably not stay here again. We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $66.00

WiFi failed. We have stayed at this park multiple times over the last decade and the WiFi experience has been the worst of any park we’ve stayed at that’s claimed to have WiFi. We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Albuquerque Central KOA

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $59.00

This is a typical KOA. Very clean, but sites very close together. It was like a parking lot. Our picnic table was right next to the neighbors sewer connection. Pool was nice, only reason I stay at a KOA is for my kids because usually there are lots of kids. It so much at this KOA. We were scheduled to stay 2 night last but only stayed one. Passing through for one night I would stay again, but other than that, I will not return to this KOA. We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $47.00

I found the sites and alley ways tight for a big rig. It was clean and close to the dealer I was getting service from and one night when I did not have the ability to hook up my power cord they and the nice neighbors I had allowed me to run my gen till 11:00. I would return. We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $53.00

We were shown to our site and even helped make sure I was lined up correctly. We only stayed one night but we would go back if in the area. We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $63.00

Very over priced. The only reason we stayed here is because it's almost next door to Advantage Automotive where we have our RV serviced. They are super nice people, but so are other staff at other campgrounds at half the price! I just don't get how it's worth that much money? I've been to "resorts" for less money... We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

If you are in need of a trustworthy RV mechanic, Advantage Automotive is right around the corner! Terrific people! Our two favorite restaurants are Weck's (BEST) breakfast around, and the Range Cafe over in Bernalilo. Fun place and great food! So many things to do in town, you need several days, but if you've "done them all"...and need something "different", try driving out to "the very large array" - you won't see anything else like it! Fun!

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $53.00

RV park had locked gate at night and guards, which is appropriate for Albuquerque. We had an unlevel RV site and used electricity and water hookups only. Wi-fi functional. Satellite TV available. We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $64.00

We were here one night passing through. We were very pleased with the campground as a whole - clean, neat, and very helpful and accommodating staff. The reason I say accommodating is that we were assigned a site - when we were guided there, the power pedestal was at the front of the site but our power connection is at the rear of the RV. The person leading us in contacted the office and a better site with power near the rear was located. We were moved there with no additional charge for the premium site. We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $50.00

This is a very clean park with very friendly helpful staff. We camped here twice on this trip. On the way out we stayed for one night and on the way back it was two nights. The park has a couple of down sides. The spots are a little narrow (as is normal in a lot of KOA's). The spot we were in would almost be too short to leave my long bed, crew cab pickup hooked up to my 34' travel trailer. but there was room on the lot to park the truck once it was unhooked. The other down side is the traffic noise, it's very loud during the day. At night when we were in the trailer, it didn't brother us. We were concerned about the neighborhood around the campground, but the campgrounds is gated and has someone watching the gate at night. When coming through Albuquerque again, we would definitely consider staying here again. We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Gravel

We ask the folks in the office where there was a good Chinese restaurant. We were directed to Chen's Chinese Food Restaurant, 235 Juan Tabo Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87123-3042. They told us that they hadn't tried it , but others they had talked with said it was good. We tried it and thought it was good also, it's rated 4.0 on Tripadvisor. It's also close, about 6 or 7 blocks west of the campgrounds. Not much to look at, but good food.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $65.00

The staff was friendly and well-organized. Sites had easy access in and out, though was more uneven than I was expecting. Easy access to all hook-ups. I had noticed how close the park is to I-40 and was concerned about possible noise -- not an issue at all. Security on site all night. Well-designed dump station on way out with easily accessible water hoses. We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $55.00

Note: This KOA camp has a deal with the Tucson KOA - bring in the coupon from the Tucson camp and get 20% off your camp fees at ABQ. Very clean and well maintained. My 50 amp bakelite cover was broken but functional - without mentioning it to the staff it was replaced during my stay. We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Gravel

Look carefully at Yelp and TripAdvisor - there are many, many things to see here. I could not do it all in 5 days. Two outstanding places - the Nuclear Science Museum, and the Very Large Array (two hours south). Self-spray $1.50 car wash just down the street. Nearby Albertson's grocery had very good fresh veggies and fresh meat sections. Airstream dealer within 1/2 mile. Central Avenue is a better way downtown than getting on the overcrowded highway.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $60.00

Great park - just the right distance from the previous park making an easy stop on my cross-country run - Price is misleading as had a voucher for ONE night and paid for second. Easy off/on the interstate but close enough to hear some traffic noise (wasn't bad though). Well appointed park with lots of amenities. The right turn at the end of my row (to get to exit) was tight (greater than usual 90 degree) - but there was room for trailer wheels to roll over gravel. We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt

Was just a stopover (2 nights) didn't take advantage of all that ABQ has to offer.

Date of Stay: February, 2019 - $56.00

Easy to access, only two turns off I40. Side roads are wide. Spacious reception area, has propane on site too. Sites are standard KOA, tight and close together. Our site was paved, just long enough for the RV and to angle park the tow car. The park is clean and well kept. Staff picked up garbage curbside before noon. The park closed the gate at 6pm and a guard opened it upon arrival. We never felt unsafe in the area. We used the RV repair place down the street from the entrance, fueled up at the station next to it and shopped locally. We camped at Albuquerque Central KOA in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel

Lots to do here. Ski Sandia is 30 mins away, golf is 5 min. Could do both on the same day too. Quirky Madrid is a good stop if you take the back way to Santa Fe. If you haven't tried axe throwing, AbqAx was excellent. Dollar off pints at the craft brewer next to them with AbqAx wristband.

Featured Campgrounds Near Albuquerque Central KOA

Are you affiliated with Albuquerque Central KOA ?