5.7 Average

• Propane Available Propane Available no
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar yes
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Casino Casino yes

Ask fellow campers about "Route 66 RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $38.00

No.. No.. NO!!! Stayed here for nine days during the Balloon Fiesta. No only is the park old and the gravel roads rutted, the water pressure was non-existent. I heard plenty of reasons why there was no water pressure (although one long-term camper told us the water pressure has always been bad), NEVER did management say, "hey, since you're paying for full-services, and since I am not delivering full-service, let me refund you $X." But no! They were completely content taking full-price but not delivering full-service. When I complained to the friendly, young lady that showed us to our site, she responded that I should use the bathhouse showers. This seemed an acceptable answer, the only problem is, when I went to the bathhouse clad in my water-shoes, bathrobe and shower cap, I found out that they CHARGE for showers! This is an RV park being run by a slumlord. Avoid if AT ALL possible. I have to add that the bathrooms were kept clean. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

fill your fresh water tank and use this instead of park water.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $39.00

This campground is ghetto camping. A Dump! The campground is a rock pit. The dog park is overgrown with high weeds and we were told to not use it because of the possibility of rattle snakes in it. There is no shade and our site would lose power because the 30 amp circuit breaker would continue to trip with only the air conditioner on. After one hour we broke camp and left, driving to the KOA only 21 miles down the road. We will NEVER stay at the Route 66 RV Park again. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $35.00

Sites are packed gravel and level. Nothing fancy but overall clean and convenient to 40. A little noise from highway but that's the trade off for easy access. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Motorhome.

JTM

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $31.00

Clean, gravel park, mostly level pads. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Route 66 RV Park

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $40.00

One nighter. Grounds are clean but barren. No picnic tables nothing but hookups. The 2 showers/restrooms were clean but the showers were $2.00 for 12 minutes. Toilets were free. Dog park was overgrown and not maintained. Would not recommend. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $33.00

I have stayed here before twice and also read recent reviews on the park. This park is greatly improved since my previous stay just last year. The sites are graded and mostly level. The lighting to each site and overall in the park is very nice. The young gal who met us after we phoned as instructed was very sociable and anxious to help. The restrooms are very clean. I did not use the shower (costly, I think). My only comment, the seasonal or monthly guests do not seem to keep their sites neat and orderly...a distraction to the over-night sites. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Motorhome.

E10

Smiths Grocery just across I-40 is very nice, large and has everything!

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $36.00

Pro - Easy to maneuver in the park with large pull-thru sites. You will be guided to your site. Park is located just off the interstate & close to any supplies you need. Utilities for the park where new in my section. Best wi-fi going, but I was parked next to the wi-fi transmitter. Deltas - The sites are dirt/gravel and can be dusty when it is windy. Can hear some road noise from I-40 at times. Only two washing machines/dryers and two unisex showers to use. Laundry was expensive at $3.00 a load. There is nothing to do in town or the rv park at night. I used my dish for TV, didn't see any cable. No dog area. Park is made up of mostly full time residents. Park is good for a quick overnight stay. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

E8
Gravel, Dirt

Park is just off the interstate, so there are stores, fuel, restaurants. Not much to do at the park or town.

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $24.00

Route 66 RV Park (at exit 187) in Edgewood, New Mexico, has expanded and renovated the park. They now have multiple pull thru camp sites reaching 100' in length. The pavilion is small, but so is the park. BBQ's are available for use at the pavilion. A small laundry with two washers and two dryers lead to two bathrooms with showers. The showers are fee-based. FHU, 50A/30A and sewer at each site. Spaces may be too close for some, but they were spacious enough for slides and a patio are to grill. The owners are very pleasant people. We were escorted to our site and were checked on to make sure all was well with us. The property sits next to Interstate 40, so some traffic and over-the-road noise can be heard, but it is not intrusive. It becomes just white noise in the background. Close to a Smith's grocery, Walgreen's and gas station. A WalMart is just a little farther into Edgewood. The Pizza Barn, a local pizza place, is a popular restaurant and offers a variety of pizza menu items!! Easy access to the Interstate and only about 30 minutes from Albuquerque. This park is affiliated with Passport America, so discounts apply during weekdays, normal fee during the weekend days. They are still working on interior roadways and camp sites. Plenty of room to maneuver the largest of rigs!!! I will stay here again when in the Albuquerque area. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Motorhome.

C

Spacious, Nearby
NPC

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $40.00

This campground is perfect for a one night stay. The staff is very friendly. Bare minimal sites but accommodates rig and tow with no problem. Near a town for a bite to eat. Would return if in the area. Our site was very muddy with patches of snow and ice. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Motorhome.

Uwe

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $49.00

No trees, no picnic tables, seemingly lots of long termers, no cable l, nothing to encourage you to sit outside (own chairs) or cook outside (provide own table for setting grill on). Strictly a 1-night pull through place. Site not very level but hook-ups are fine. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Motorhome.

E12

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $35.00

First Impression: CG is one, big, downhill. Sites are either on level steppes or they're tilted. East side showing expansion work. Safety: No concerns. Access: I-40, Exit 187, head south to traffic light at Route 66, turn left, about ¼ mile to CG. Municipal road in good condition, fair signage, Garmin GPS is accurate. Office: Looks like a derelict building. Didn't have to go in - owner came to me. Credit cards accepted. Online reservations not available. No price discounts. Facilities: No pool, spa, fitness room or rec center. Small, clean laundry area next to restrooms. Two, gender-neutral restrooms with PAY showers ($4 for 12 minutes - quarters only and no change machine), modern, clean, no mold, hot water with good pressure (score "A"). No propane sales. No playground. No off-leash dog run. Campground: Not in a flood plain. No storm shelter. Few trees. Interior roads are wide dirt/gravel in fair condition with gentle turns and no overhead obstacles. Big rig and long coach friendly. Prevosts shouldn't have problems. No tent area, yurts, or cabins. Sites are all nearby, sufficiently level but not necessarily flat, dirt/gravel, pull-through and back-in, desert landscaping under development by new owners. Utility locations are all over the place. Electric (20/30/50) and water in middle with sewer way-out-back; metered for long term. Adequate water pressure but with a strange (unknown) taste. Sewer pipe is 4" unthreaded, at ground level. No patios, no picnic tables. Fires not permitted; no fire rings. Good satellite views. No cable TV. Free Wi-Fi with excellent coverage and bandwidth. Verizon phone at 4 bars; 4G at 3 bars. No recycle bins. Noise: No railroad, aircraft, or local traffic, but CG is adjacent to the interstate. Bug Report (mid October): small black ants. Runners: CG roads poor for running. Yoga: no good place to put your mat. Conclusion: Score 5-Acceptable, IMO overpriced. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

D11
Gravel, Dirt

Edgewood, NM is a small hamlet. Walmart, Smith grocery, Walgreens, Autozone and O'Reillys. Only national restaurant chains are Dennys and Domino's Pizza, some local eateries. Fast food Sonic, McDonalds. No landromat. Diesel at Smith's $2.659. "Mr. Gas" diesel at $2.795. Didn't see a hardware store. No RV dealers.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $35.00

Level sites, long pull through, but our steps faced the RV next door steps. Did not realize that until nearly set up. No privacy or room to walk in and out of my RV or for my neighbor to do the same. No frills, very basic, all dirt and dust. No picnic table or patio. Best for overnight only. Seems disorganized, could use better grooming of grounds. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Wise4me, manager at Route 66 RV Park responded to this review

We apologize for any inconvenience in the site you were parked in. We were booked, and thought you wanted a site pretty-bad so placed you in a "normally" what was one of our monthly sites. We turned away quite a few RVers that day and evening, so would have liked to have known you were uncomfortable with your settings. It was not our intention to make you unhappy. We are very organized, so do not understand that statement and the grounds are in the middle of renovation as we are putting in more sites, so again, we apologize for any inconvenience. We have 53-sites currently and all but the tent sites were filled. We were just trying to help weary folks get off the highway. We love managing here, and do our best to accommodate in way we're able to. Thank you for your review, and hopefully if do you choose to come this way again; things will be a lot brighter. :)

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $35.00

Just an overnight stay. Dirt lot, so dust on everything. RV site was very tight in width, but a long pull-thru. Nearly had to walk sideways between your slides and your neighbors'. Didn't want to unhook truck so just dealt with the unlevel-ness of the site. Share a water spigot with your neighbor - we had to add another splitter to the existing splitter to be able to connect our hose. First words as we pulled in from the greeters, "you went the wrong way". There's about four roads off of the entrance - with signs next to two of them that say "stop here and call #### for assistance" so how are you to know which one they wanted you to go down? Were still able to get to our site just fine. No typical campground map given with info about what's closeby, just a square of paper with a couple rules and wifi password. Had 1-2 bars of AT&T LTE. Water in this town tastes terrible (nothing RV park can do about that). Appreciate that the owner called me back same-day after I called a left a voicemail about making a reservation. The long length of the pull thru was helpful. This place is perfectly adequate for an overnight stay, but in my opinion, too $ for what's provided. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

C-5

Chili Hill Restaurant down the street is a gem. Very nice owners, decent food.

Wise4me, manager at Route 66 RV Park responded to this review

Thank you for your review, very sorry you did not enjoy your stay as much as we would have hoped. We did have to park a few folks in what we consider monthly sites, due to all our 'regular' overnight spots were filled, and we were trying to help many come off the roads due to the high winds and/or rain/snow. We do have a Stop-Call for Assistance sign (505) 281-0893; but it is 'before' the Y, so that we may direct and lead you to the site. We try to help back you up, and help get you to where you need to go, but we apologize, that we didn't say: "Happy to see you, so glad you are here," as that should have been our response first, so whether my husband or myself said it, our apologies. We aren't the KOA or Resort type of RV park, so apologies on not having fancy maps, but we'll definitely look into it for future reference. We, as Park Managers, do try our best, and want our customers happy, so we apologize for the park not meeting your expectations. Kind regards, - Management.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $30.00

We stayed here for five weeks in Oct. and November. Loved the people running the place. They were very helpful. Don't let the dirt pads fool you, because it is a really hard packed soil and the managers do a great job keeping them accessible. All the hook-up sites have a night light, which is very helpful when arriving at night. They will even help you level your camper. We will certainly stay here again when we return in the spring of 2017. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Motorhome.

Check out the Airpark north of town.

Wise4me, manager at Route 66 RV Park responded to this review

Thank you Mike & Lillian for your review. We are glad you all enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $50.00

Half the park are long-term residents. We stayed 3 nights but we were put on the long-term side. Most sites were wide enough but ours was within 2 feet of neighbors. We literally had to step over their sewer hose when exiting our rig. (Most were wider.)

All sites required leveling blocks.

Water tasted like Alka-SeltzER so bring bottled water!

Costs $4 to use the shower house.

Nice, friendly staff. We camped at Route 66 RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not numbered
Gravel, Dirt

Visit the little town of Madrid. Quaint shops & lots of cool places to eat.

Wise4me, manager at Route 66 RV Park responded to this review

Thank you for reviewing this park. We appreciate all input and are glad you gave us good reviews on the service and cleanliness of the park. We apologize the site wasn't better accommodating. We are building new sites that will accommodate many in the future and will be wide enough to do so. Thanks again and the best to you all in your travels.

Featured Campgrounds Near Route 66 RV Park

Are you affiliated with Route 66 RV Park ?