4 Poor

Kings Bay Resort

Champlain, New York

1 Point Au Fer Rd
Champlain, New York 12919

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access ?
  • Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly ?
  • Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Full Hookup Full Hookup no
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Kings Bay Resort" and nearby attractions.

1 Review

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $70.00

First of all the campground is right on Lake Champlain and is a diamond in the rough! The grounds are beautiful with all new wiring, electrical boxes, water lines, etc... The campground has a beautiful pool and clubhouse. This campground has all the makings of a great campground! Now for the not so good. This campground has 177 sites of which 173 sites were vacant. We made reservation for this campground 3 weeks prior to our stay as we would be making a stop here returning from a long road trip. We were told that there would be plenty of room and the were not able to accept a deposit at the time because they did not have a credit card machine. Upon arrival we entered the campground and was very surprised at how empty the campground was for the middle of August. When I tried to go to the office, the door was locked and there was no sign on the door or anything. I walked around the clubhouse trying to find a door that was unlocked and there were none. I waited a minute as there was a person mowing the lawn and asked me if I had a reservation. He made a phone call and was told to allow me to select any site that I wanted. My wife and I selected the a waterfront property and were told the owner would be back later on. When the owner finally showed up I went to settle my bill. I was also surprised that the owner had very limited english and I had to revert to my french in order to communicate with her. The owner informed me that I had selected a lakefront site and my fee was 70 for the night. I told her that I did not agree with the fee and that there was no cable or wifi on the site and the park was empty. I also mentioned that no one told me the fee structure of the sites as no one was there to check me in etc... Nonetheless I paid the 70 and only stayed 1 night. This place might be a diamond in the rough but it will not see my camper again anytime soon. We camped at Kings Bay Resort in a Travel Trailer.

lakefront
Grass
Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

-Very close to the Canadian border -1 hr to Montreal

Featured Campgrounds Near Kings Bay Resort

Are you affiliated with Kings Bay Resort ?