Stonebridge Campground & RV Park

Maggie Valley, North Carolina

1786 Soco Rd, Hwy 19
Maggie Valley, North Carolina 28751

• Public Phone Public Phone yes
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Stonebridge Campground & RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $50.00

Check-in was easy - although no escort, we were given a map with lines and arrows directing us to our site. We had a newly painted picnic table as most sites did, and a concrete patio for a premium site. Hookups were nice and close - hint: hook up TV cable before plugging in your EMS. The TV cable hookup is located behind the EMS after it is plugged in. Wi-fi was inconsistent - worked well enough to stream Netflix one night but had slow speed with the laptop the next day. There are many seasonal campers, and all are friendly and quiet time was well-observed. Nice recreation area and a dog run. Many trash bins throughout the park. Although we did not participate, there are many planned activities. Bathhouse is immaculate. We travel in our motorhome and always shower in it. But the bathhouse at Stonebridge was so clean and well set up - you have a private bathroom with a lock on the door with shower, sink, and commode - that we showered in there instead. On the not-as-positive side; sites are very close together (some rigs were back to back with no more than 2 feet between slides) - but better in the premium lots. On the side closest to the road (US 19) there was road noise, but it didn't bother us with the exception of occasional loud-running motorcycles. We didn't find any recycling containers so carried our recycling home. Roads are tight for a large rig, but everybody seems to make it work. Pool is small for a facility this size. On the whole, this is a good place to stay and we would stay here again. We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

G-15
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

See Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum. Great Smoky Mountain Railroad was fun - but a bit pricey.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $48.00

We camped here in a Class C, on the creek (A42). The sites are narrow (14'), but there is living area behind the rigs along the flowing creek, with fire pit and picnic table. Not much grass, but there was a cool breeze off the water, and birds and an otter to watch. Didn't use the small pool or bath house, there is a big green field for recreation, 2 playgrounds, community fire pit, small store, and activities available. The WiFi was slow, but cable TV was good. There are quite a few park models/permanent RVs, but they are well kept. They have a lot of cabins for those who don't have their own RV. Easy access to Maggie Valley and Waynesville. We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

A42

Snappy's Restaurant and the Rondeveau Restaurants were good.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $45.00

Stayed the week of Memorial day 25- June 2. Premium site D-7. Premium sites are much larger than regular sites. Campground staff were friendly and helpful. Bath house close to site was one of the cleanest we have ever seen in campgrounds...AAA+++. Grounds where well maintained. Highly Recommended. We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

D-7
Concrete, Gravel, Grass
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Near by shops in Maggie Valley and town of Waynesville close for groceries and shopping. **Cataloochee Valley to see Elk a Plus**

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $48.00

The grounds and all facilities were very clean and well kept. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The sites are pretty tight where the smaller sites were with 30amp. The larger 50amp sites had 30 & 20 amp available on the pedestals and were much bigger, but at a higher price. Our creekside site was plenty big enough for our 38' toy hauler, bike and truck with lots of space to the rear with concrete patio, picnic table and fire pit overlooking the creek. The new bath house was open and very nice! Firewood available during office hours was cheaper then getting it from convenient store. Laundry was also cleaner and less expensive then local laundry options. Lots to see and do in the area from watching elk and other wildlife to scenic waterfalls. There is a game room, large covered pavilion, outdoor pool, large open grass area with a fenced in dog play area and access to play in the creek. There is a mix of open sunny sites (like ours) and shaded sites with over hanging trees. Ask when booking, the staff was on point in getting us the size site that worked best for us! We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

A61
Gravel, Grass
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Cataloochee Valley to see elk, Soco Falls, one of many easy to get to, Haywood Smokehouse for great BBQ, Sweet Onion for awesome lunch (parking can be an issue), Country Vittles for breakfast

Featured Campgrounds Near Stonebridge Campground & RV Park

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $28.00

We stayed here last year for a week based on a friend's recommendation. We enjoyed our visit so much, we decided to stay here this year for the entire summer (June through August). One of the things I really appreciate about this campground is the staff's genuine "how can I help you" attitude. For example, my cell phone carrier has no service in this location, which is not a problem because I can use WiFi calling. Unfortunately, there was no WiFi signal at my campsite. I told the staff about the problem, and a staff member took the steps needed (which included installing hardware) to get good WiFi coverage at my site. He completed the work in less than 48 hours! The bathrooms and showers are kept clean, and there is a nice dog park that my pooch enjoys. The location is convenient to "downtown" Maggie Valley and to Waynesville. There are sidewalks on both sides of the road on which the campground is located, which allows for safe long walks and bike rides. We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Spacious, Nearby
JCZ

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $55.00

This is an older RV park that is under new ownership in the past couple of years and is making changes. They have recently poured concrete patio slabs at all of the creekside spaces and put a picnic table on them. They have moved all the full timers or long term people to the west end of the park....opening up the other end for traveling RVers. They have a nice park, that includes nice horsehoe pits, fenced dog park, vollyball court, sitting area near the creek, etc. The premium creekside sites are very nice especially in April, the creek is flowing heavily. We slept with the window open each night, listening to the rippling water rushing down the creek. We were in site A-71 and long enough for our 42' 5th wheel and our longbed crew cab truck unhooked with room for another vehicle if we needed it. The spaces between each site isn't that much, but you spend all your time behind your RV (where the patio and table are located) next to the creek. There is also an in ground fire pit at each site. It is obvious that they're making improvements in this campground. A lot of tree work has been done in the past couple of weeks so not near as many trees as they had in some of the photos. I found the drive in with our 42' 5th wheel easy enough on the drive that we took....as well as another drive when leaving was equally easy enough. One drive way (two lanes) to enter the park and another driveway (two lanes) to exit the park. We will be returning here for a longer period, the next time we come east. We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

A-71
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

You definitely want to visit the Wheels Through Time Museum. One of the best museums of any kind but this is antique motorcycles and they all run. They fired up four or five of them while we were there. The displays are set up like old time motorcycle shops and they are not roped off. You walk in and around the displays....very surprised at that. The Great Smoke Mountains, Cherokee, Gatlinburg are all worth a day trip.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $39.00

Campground is in a nice location with mountains all around. Lots of trees and the foliage was lovely. We were in site D-11, a FHU pull thru site but we had to back into because of a tree. Interior roads are a bit tight. Their campground map is old, as it shows a road between sites D-11 and E-1, but it has been closed off creating a nice large grassy area between the two and includes additional parking for one vehicle. All sites are gravel and some have been upgraded. About half of the campground is full of seasonal campers/camper storage, but did not appear to be junky or unkempt. Staff were nice and helpful . There is a nice creek that runs through the campground and there are sites that back up to it. Water pressure was lower than normal, and you have to share the same water post as your neighbor (thankfully we didn't have anyone next to us). They offer Wifi but we didn't use it. They also have a good selection of cable channels. The cable outlet was on the ground and appeared to have been run over, but didn't interfere with the signal. There are plenty of bathrooms/showers in the bathhouse (although strangely narrow), but they are very dated and weren't as clean as we'd hoped. They are remodeling the other bathhouse so it was closed. Verizon service worked well. We would stay here again if we were in the area. We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

D-11
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Soco Falls was a short drive away, as well as a distillery that offered moonshine tastings.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $40.00

This is our third stay at Stonebridge. The park is a older park and the design represents such. A new owner purchased the park a couple years ago and the park has been slowly making improvements. The park does have a large number of seasonal campers. Some have been around long enough to become "junky". We were told by staff, by next year, most of the seasonal sites would all be moved to one section of the campground. Most sites are pull thru. Some of the sites are really tight, especially those along the creek. Many of the sites have a concrete patio. The site itself is chunk gravel. Some sites are 30 amp and some are 50 amp. AT&T cell service was good as well as LTE. The park wifi worked well, a little slow at times, but service covered the whole park. Bath houses are old but clean. Some sites are well shaded and others are not. Interior roads are paved and easy to navigate. Cable thru Directv worked well. On weekends, the campground has entertainment come in including several bands. We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Eat at Butts of the Creek, visit Wheels thru Time. Cherokee is a short drive and a lot of fun.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $34.00

A friend has stayed in this park for a month three years in a row. He and his wife like it, but it did not take me long to figure out why. They get a space on the creek that is close to the park office. That keeps other RVs and TTs lined up in a configuration that allows them to get out easily. It also allows them to walk over to the park office to get the wifi that is advertised as free to work. I stayed in a pull thru space that worked well when no one was next to me. When another trailer pulled in next to me and rolled out his awning, I realized how close the spacing is. We could not have both extended our awnings and out picnic tables were end to end....not much privacy. The night before my departure, I had to ask this camper to move his Harley so that I could get out the next morning. The rows of spaces are so closely packed that your next door neighbor or neighbor across the lane can block you in with no effort at all.

For the last two nights of my stay there were four Harleys next to me in one space with four tents. They did not abide by the 10:00 PM start of quiet time, and they were not to happy when I started de-camping at 6:00 AM on my last morning.

Finally, the free wifi would be a great deal if it actually worked. The park had four router towers, but three out of four of them were set to the same channel 11. Thus, their performance competed with each other and cancelled each other out. The wifi would work for 10 minutes then disappear for an hour. I also could not get my iPhone7 Version hot spot to work. I had two cellphone bars of service, but the wifi hot spot failed every time I tried it. I believe there was too much interference from the hot spots of other campers near me. I had to walk to the park office to get wifi to work or drive down the road to get my hot spot to work. We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

F13

Tight Turns

Frankie's Italian restaurant and Guayabitos Mexican Restaurant are both excellent in Maggie Valley.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $32.00

This is our second time staying here. We like staying here mostly because of it's proximity to the things we like. Since our stay last year at this time, the park has been undergoing some changes. Some of the sites have been upgraded with new gravel and concrete patios. I do think they could have spent a little more time leveling the gravel as every RV using these sites had to use some sort of leveling device.

The park does have a lot of permanent sites and some are "junky" in appearance. The creek side sites are tight, as in awning touching your neighbor tight. They do have a lot of odd/even sites that place you door to door with your neighbor, but I think they try not to put someone that close to you. The bathhouse was old, but clean and well stocked. The electric, water, cable and sewer all worked as they were supposed to. Cell and LTE was good. The campground does have wifi, but I could not get it to work. Overall, it is a good place to stay, the staff and people in the campground that we met were all very nice. We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

H-23

Joey's Pancake House and Butts on the Creek for food.

Take the time to ride into the Cataloochee Valley to view the Elk and some of the old homes.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $37.00

Large campground, paved roads, high speed bumps. Sites are close to each other. Level sites, full hook-ups. Minimal wi-fi available. Bath houses are quite dated. Showers and toilets stalls are on the small side. Looked like quite a few long term campers, with decks and gardens. We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Sand, Grass

Obstacles

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $45.00

We have stayed there a number of times. The is park is beautiful but it was designed prior to the time when the RVs had slide outs and many of the sites are very narrow with little shade. The owners are very understanding and helpful. One of the very few parks I have ever stayed in that provides a handicapped stalls in the restroom. We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

C10

Asheville is a artistic center with many fine restaurants for any taste. The Biltmore Estate, the Pisca Forest, and more.

Cherokee offers the Typical Native American (made in China) tourist products, but the reproduction of the Cherokee Village is a glimps of how these First Americans lived and the play, "Unto these Hills" is a MUST SEE attraction.

Waynesville is a beautiful small NC city perfect for walking through and shopping at the Maste General Store and many quaint small shops.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $35.00

Campground is located next to the main highway in Maggie Valley, yet not a lot of noise especially at night. The park is mostly clean and workers were always busy taking care of the grounds during our stay. The sites are very tight, as in awning extending to to next site. Most of the sites are pull thru except those along the creek. However, the odd/even site arrangement has your door opening into your neighbors door. With the sites being so tight, If you don't know your neighbor before arriving, you will before you leave. Sites are gravel/grass and are mostly flat. They offer 50 amp service along with basic cable receiving about 50 channels. Water pressure is good. The laundry was clean and machines all appear in operating condition. The pool is small but clean. The campground does offer wifi for a fee. The bath houses were old and dated but clean. AT&T/4G/LTE service was good. The park is very pet friendly and everyone kept them in line. The campground is about 50% seasonal sites. The seasonal sites are not kept in one section but located throughout the park. Some were "junky" looking which gives the overall appearance of the same to the park. What did not help was the overflowing trash dumpsters which smelled. It wasn't one dumpster, it was all of them. It appears the owners are too cheap to have the trash collected more than once per week. We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

A-60
Gravel, Grass

If you have never seen elk before, well worth the ride into the National Park to see. Plenty of other wildlife also. For BBQ, Butts on the Creek!

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $27.00

The best campground in Maggie Valley, right on Soco Road but with little road noise. Lots of seasonals but, in great condition. Very small pool (new) but, did not appear heated. Relatively level sites (grassy) but, very close together (awnings almost touching). No fire ring on our site. Cable TV adequate but, WiFi at office area. Good laundry area. Good walking area. Located on a creek. (Those sites are really the best if you can get one.) Would stay there again when in area. Resonably priced. We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $35.00

This place was a big disappointment. They were supposed to be Passport America park but would not honor it so we had to pay full price. The restrooms and showers were just plain dirty and outdated. We would not stay here again. We camped at Stonebridge Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Stonebridge Campground & RV Park

Are you affiliated with Stonebridge Campground & RV Park ?