Asheville East KOA

Swannanoa, North Carolina

2708 Highway 70 East
Swannanoa, North Carolina 28778

• Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar yes
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating yes

Ask fellow campers about "Asheville East KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $41.00

Toward the back of the park is a beautiful river and a lake. If you don’t need/want sewer, stay back here. Staff is ok, not exceptionally friendly. Small dog park, but many places to walk your dog. We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Grass

Very close to small town of Black Mountain. If you have a chance, eat at Black Mountain Bistro. Excellent food and delightful restaurant.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $74.00

We think the nightly rate was a bit much but this is one of the better KOAs we have seen. Site B-18 was perfect for our 44' MH & Toad. We told them that we needed some tree branches trimmed before we left and they did it as requested. The B section is away from most of the "kid activity" and hustle and bustle of the rest of the KOA. I seldom give out an overall rating of 5 (or 10) stars so my 8 rating is well earned. We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Motorhome.

B-18
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Obviously, the Biltmore Estate is THE major attraction. A bit expensive to get into. However, we did guided tours on 2 separate days so the entry fee was waived on the second day. That seems standard if you go through their reservation number instead of online. If you do guided tours on multiple days I recommend you do not use the online method to get entry tickets but instead bundle them with the tours.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $45.00

If there is a better RV Park than this one. I would like to see it. Beautiful accessible river splits the park. Solid level pads. Beautiful view of surrounding mountains. Bike & pedal cart rentals. Tubing on site. Great store. Biltmore Estate 10 miles away. I hope to come back to stay a couple of weeks. We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $43.00

We had a great stay here and we were in site #A2 a back-in on the river. The view from the back of the camper was awesome. It made for a great back yard. The campground was well maintained and everything looked good. There is a river running through it and you can get sites on the river with fire rings down by the river. There are also two lakes which offer sites on the lake. There are walking trails around both lakes which made for nice peaceful walks with the dog. We enjoyed our stay here. The reason I can't give it a 10 is the sites are kind of close to each other. The last night a new camper came into site 3 and really cramped us with their slide. I also wish they had given us a site a little further down as we were one of the few campers that actually stayed for three nights. Site #2 was OK, but a little close to all the chaos of the main entrance, playground and shower house and camp store. The other thing is there is some traffic noise, and a train, but in the camper neither was very bad. The other negative was the guy who lead us to our site was not the most pleasant. We seemed like an inconvenience to him and he was kind of short helping me back in, and honestly it made me more nervous and I find I do better when I don't have someone snapping at me. They do have some activities but I thought their could have been more!! But overall, we had a great stay. We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Travel Trailer.

A2

Featured Campgrounds Near Asheville East KOA

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $57.00

Very nice park loved walking around the river and lake site was big and nice grass area everyone says the showers are awesome We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Motorhome.

Grass, Gravel

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $40.00

In general helpful friendly staff. Good central location to local attractions. Moderate amount of road noise but campground itself was quiet at night. My "white noise app" was easily able to drown it out. A section seemed pretty crowded and chaotic to me. If looking for more peaceful experience stay along one of the lakes (C, E, or D section). These really are waterfront with nice views. "A" section along the river would be acceptable but not as quiet. Bath house was clean but a little old and worn. Plenty of hot water, never had to wait to use facilities. Garbage pick up every day was a nice touch. Fairly full over the weekend in October, but about half empty by Monday. Overall nice facility. I definitely would return if in the area again. We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Tent Trailer.

D9
Long enough for my tent trailer and tow vehicle

Short drive to many other activities - Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville, Lake Lure, Chimney Rock. Some small restaurants and stores nearby but did not use.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $48.00

I was very impressed with this park and will definitely stay here again. The check-in was fast and easy, the park was clean and well-maintained, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the site was pretty level. The only downside was highway noise, but there's not much you can do about that and it wasn't too noisy. I recommend a site by the river. We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Motorhome.

30A

Most people are here to visit the Biltmore House, but you should also see Chimney Rock / Lake Lure.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $45.00

We followed the directions provided online and in the KOA directory and found it without a problem. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I was led to the site and offered alternatives to back our trailer in near the river by the staff worker. Other campers were very friendly. The wifi and Internet connections were the best and fastest we've encountered in our grand 9000-mile, 7-KOA, 6-week, and 18-state maiden-voyage RV adventure... (grin). There are trees galore on this campsite... everyone gets shade at some point in the day... Check the images below. . . We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Travel Trailer.

A7
Gravel, Grass

Some Shade, Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

It's the Smoky Mountains for crying out loud... close to the "Switzerland of the USA" ... {a small region with lots of rich people surrounded by mountains...} [grin] Go visit Asheville or drive the scenic hillside... walk in the river at the campsite, or float down if you like, just to knock the dust off your psyche and relax your soul... You can thank me later. . . Until that time. . .

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $69.00

This was our fourth annual stop at this CG. I have always been impressed with the way they maintain this park and the fact that each year we see the positive result of investment on the part of the owners to upgrade the infastructure. Since their creation we have always opted for the same site and have been very pleased with it. This year two things led me to downgrade my rating. They have expanded the check-in area to a double lane. Unfortunately, the far lane requires a tight turn around a 'decorative' pit of rocks. In addition, someone had parked a car in a no parking area with their rear end extending in to the check-in lane. Luckily, one of the employees was on hand to direct us as we only had inches to clear this obstruction. What upset most was on the morning we were leaving as I was disconnecting I noticed that they had cut the grass the day before and my rear wheel was filled with grass clippings and stones. In addition, the entire length of the coach was coated with grass clippings. Since my wife was feeling unwell and just wanted to get going I didn't have the ability to check for flying stone damage to the side of the coach. I have never had this happen before and I emailed the CG that night and complained but have never heard back from them. Not good for this CG or KOA! We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Motorhome.

B15
Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

Nice folks and beautiful campground. A river divides the campground in two, with a lake on the back half. The office and patio sites are in the front half. We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Motorhome.

A42
Gravel, Dirt

Although most folks camp here to visit Asheville, we actually liked the town of Black Mountain better because it was much less crowded. Dined with our greyhound at The Social, Pomodoros, Cocula, Universal Joint, Village Wayside and Okie Dokies (all west of the campground) and My Father's Pizza in Black Mountain. All top-notch food and service.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $50.00

The folks in the office were mostly very nice. The 50 amp, full hook up site was fairly level. This campground is a typical KOA in that everything was adequate, but as usual they charged $10.00 (5 each) for friends to visit us for a couple of hours, milking us every which way they can to make a buck. We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Motorhome.

Covered Forested
Tight Turns

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $68.00

Very friendly staff. Led us to our site which was very helpful as it is kind of confusing! Spaces are very close together, we were in B section which had a nice patio. Loved the walk by the river and pond! If we stayed again, would request same spot. Wifi slow. could get satellite. We did notice trains but didn't bother us. We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Motorhome.

B15

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $38.00

Very nice park. Staff was very kind & helpful & even received mail for us. There was train whistle during night. Very busy Park and was full the last week of March! They had an area to park our car trailer. We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Motorhome.

B-4

Downtown Asheville was really fun! Lots of stores & restaurants only 20 minutes from camp including a Trader Joe's. There was a really nice & big Ingles Grocery just down the road & downtown Swanannoa was a blast. Walked all over & visited many art shops, unique clothing shops & a great local coffee shop.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $40.00

There was some seasonal construction going on but the park itself and the staff was Great. Friendly people abound at this park. Everyone was so nice. We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

1B

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $40.00

This is a nice campground...except for the 4:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. trains. Need I say more? We camped at Asheville East KOA in a Motorhome.

Plan ahead and get morning reservations for the Biltmore. The crowds are pretty thick in the afternoon. Spend a few hours in nearby Black Mountain. Charming afternoon walk. I would not recommend the quiche place to eat.

Featured Campgrounds Near Asheville East KOA

Are you affiliated with Asheville East KOA ?