Lake Metigoshe State Park

Bottineau, North Dakota 58318

• Full Hookup Full Hookup no
  • Sewer Sewer no
  • WiFi WiFi no
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating yes

Ask fellow campers about "Lake Metigoshe State Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $25.00

Very nice park, and very friendly and welcoming staff. EXCELLENT brand new bathroom and shower facility in our loop - absolutely the best I have ever seen! Miles of walks and beautiful terrain - way different from the flatlands of the farming areas. As noted elsewhere, there is a daily charge in addition to the camping fee - it's worth it to get an annual pass for $35 and contribute to the park system - even if we were never to come back. Hike! With the miles and miles of trails, you won't run out of places to see. We camped at Lake Metigoshe State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $25.00

This was a nice state park. The one issue is that they changed the traffic flow after construction. By making the interior road one-way, and requiring the trailer door to face the campsite, all campers on one side have to be escorted in by the host in the opposite direction, and your cables and hoses have to run under your rig to the hookups. There is no wifi anywhere in the park. For a park in lake country in the summer, there was surprisingly little mosquito trouble. This is a great place for hiking and kayaking. We camped at Lake Metigoshe State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Covered Forested

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $39.00

The camping fee is $25, but they added on a "vehicle fee" for TWO days, at $7 for each day, for my motorhome (I do NOT have a toad!), even though I was arriving after 7 PM and would be leaving by check-out the following day (1 PM), meaning I wouldn't even be there for 24 hours!!! They said this has been their new policy, since August last year. There are many sites, but very few are level. I looked at over 30 sites, and there were only about three that were almost-level. My site was spacious and had a feeling of privacy, with trees and bushes dividing the sites. I loved camping in the woods, near the lake, but I won't camp here again, at these prices. I might try the primitive area next time, and forego the electricity, if it's cool enough. We camped at Lake Metigoshe State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $24.00

We camp in a 33 ft Class A. The sites are very sloped and unlevel. We booked site 69 based on descriptions provided on the state park website and by looking at a satellite view from Google Maps. Upon arrival we discovered the site would not accommodate our 33 foot motorhome unless we backed over the fire pit & into sloping hill. Very unrealistic. One loop has pull through sites which are hit and miss on how level they are. If you're in a smaller travel trailer or tent trailer you may have no issues at all however larger Rigs (motorhomes, 5th wheels or trailers) may have difficulty with many sites in this park. Unfortunately for us the only two sites available would not accommodate us so we had to drive five hours south to the nearest campground with space. Not much of a back up plan available near this campground. Very rural. Only 1 dump, on a hill. Very low water pressure for filling tanks. The added bonus for this campground is a Walmart within 25 minutes drive. We camped at Lake Metigoshe State Park in a Motorhome.

Site 69
Not big enough for my motorhome

Featured Campgrounds Near Lake Metigoshe State Park

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $20.00

Wonderful park with great shade and big pull through site in the reserved section. Only problems were not the park's fault: mosquitos and mud from rain. Otherwise a great place to stay and we will stay here again. We camped at Lake Metigoshe State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $25.00

North Dakota State Parks seems to have a "thing" about making sites share water faucets. This is the third park I have encountered with this. The water faucet is located every two spaces, and it's in the front, right between the spaces. The faucet closest to me happened to have a splitter, but not all of them did. The 5th Wheel in the next spot over had enough hose to connect to the water faucet, but my 50 feet of hose was a tad bit short. I had to pull out into the driving road, block traffic, and fill up my tank. Ok, enough on the rant. Very nice park. I stayed in the loop that is "first come first serve." If you are in a big rig, I don't recommend staying in that loop. The loop for "reservations only" seemed to have longer sites, and more pull-throughs. I am in a 32 foot Class C and I had trouble finding a spot to fit. Glad I didn't have a toad. I did notice some spots in this loop that were very wide. I also noticed some "hookup" spots that were very small, maybe a Popup could fit, but nothing bigger. The spaces themselves are very private, with LOTS of vegetation between sites. However, trying to back into one was a bit tight for me. I held my breath. I got one channel over the air on batwing, it was a Canadian channel from Manitoba. Verizon Cell Phone and Verizon Cellular modem worked very well. This park also has a "primitive" camping area, but I didn't get to check that part out. In North Dakota, if you don't have the annual pass, you pay $25 for hookups. If you have the pass, it's only $20. Oh, one more minor issue. After I found a site, I had to walk a mile to the self registration, only to find there were no forms in the box. Had to flag down a ranger but got it done. I would love to give this park a 10 but the shared water faucets were just a bit inconvenient. We camped at Lake Metigoshe State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $20.00

The sites are somewhat short, thickly forested. Electric and water are nearby. Hiked on the trail, almost got lost, not well marked, and couldn't see the lake, just a few feet away for the brush. Overall good park. We camped at Lake Metigoshe State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $25.00

A park to spend time in, one that needs to be gotten to be known. Lots of lake and lots of trails. We camped at Lake Metigoshe State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $25.00

Nice campground with lots of trees. Spent 3 days here with family. Very friendly workers. Highly recommend. We camped at Lake Metigoshe State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2004 - $14.00

A nice State Park. Spaces are spread out for good privacy. We camped at Lake Metigoshe State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Lake Metigoshe State Park

Are you affiliated with Lake Metigoshe State Park ?