Alton RV Park

• Propane Available Propane Available no
  • Playground Playground no
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Alton RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2019 - $40.00

This was the perfect Park for us. We went there to watch our grandson perform in the state show band competition and we were running late. We had reservations and we called to see if we could get our site number and then finish checking in later in the day. Owner said no problem she checked us in over the phone and then watch for us to come and ran our paperwork out to the truck. We dropped the camper and made it to Hilliard high school with about 10 minutes to spare. I can't believe how accommodating this Campground is. The sites are small and have a very unique layout but it's absolutely perfect for a couple nights when visiting the area. Even though the sites are quite small and close the unique layout makes it easy to park and you don't feel wedged in. There is even a community bonfire area near the office for people to enjoy. I'd go back there anytime if I was in the area or even as a stopover for a night or two. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $39.00

First, the good points of this RV park. The woman who checked us in, who described herself as a camper employee, was exceedingly friendly and helpful. The park was free of trash and had pretty flowers around the sign. That's about it. In no way would this be called a resort, as one reviewer did. It is a mostly dirt lot next door to the owner's house, the park being built in 1965. At that time, it was probably as much as people expected. Today, having traveled from Nova Scotia to New Mexico, I would call it the irreducible minimum for a place to lay your head overnight when there's nothing else. Sites are of varying sizes- ours was long enough to that we didn't have to unhook from our small travel trailer- but no delineations are made between the site and the road. Sites are so close that undoubtedly this is the reason for having to put your awning in when you are not on your site, lest someone hit it. The water pressure varied from OK to a trickle, and most of the sewer connections, including ours, were so elevated as to make it impossible to get a downhill flow. I would not stay here again, despite the fact that those who run it are doing their best with an outdated setup. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $39.00

We were here for an overnight, just wanted to have a safe place to stay. Office is only open from 1-8 pm so I emailed at 11 am from the road asking about a pull through site so we didn't have to disconnect. I got a response just after 2 pm saying that, yes, as of now, they had a site for us and to call her with our credit card and address to hold it. Well, at that point, we were almost there-just 15-20 minutes away. So I replied that we were close and I would just give her the info when we got there. Upon our arrival she wasn't there, only the husband who was hospitable enough. Then she came in a few minutes later and, when I told her who I was, she said snippily, "I thought I told you to call!" I told her I had emailed her to say that we were close and I was paying in cash. She was obviously still upset and told me, "Well, you know you'll have to disconnect!" I said, "No, I didn't." Anyway, in the end, we didn't have to disconnect, thankfully. Other reviews said that the staff was friendly, we didn't find that to be so. The park looked like all pull through sites of various lengths. We got a 10% Good Sam discount and still thought the value was very bad with no amenities besides a picnic table, trash and recycling... should've been $25-30!! We will not stay here again. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

They give a nice list of services in the area.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $43.00

No frills, efficient, clean park. Tight room but level and maneuverable. Came to visit the zoo about 30 minutes away on good roads. Dog park a few miles away. Kroger and Walgreens just down the road. Good place from which to visit Columbus. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Featured Campgrounds Near Alton RV Park

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $43.00

Big rig friendly with level sites. WiFi was good and no trouble with our satellite. Bathroom was not available due to renovation. No dog park but grass to walk dog. Had to park truck across street but convenient. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $43.00

This is a no frills, well run, well maintained park outside Columbus. It looks like someone's yard that has been converted to a campground. Hookups are top notch. It's very tidy. I rated it for what it is, which for us was an overnight stop, in a convenient location. It was perfect for that. They do have a bathroom but we were told it wasn't open yet for the season, which I thought was strange. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $42.00

Easy to get to from highway. Made a good one night stay. Very tight for a large rig both getting into and between slots. It is basically a yard with gravel laid out. Likely not a great place to stay at the camp, but seems like a central spot to get to places around. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $40.00

Well we were hoping they would let us use a portable fire pit since they don't have any except the community one up front but they said no! They did have a clean park we stayed 4 nights visiting relatives. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Grass

Wal-Mart, Kroger, and plenty of eating places we ate at White Castle one evening but we were there visiting family.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $43.00

Small park with a very friendly host. That being said, it is best for a stop-over or if you are need a spot to park your RV while visiting Columbus. There are no amenities otherwise. They are big rig friendly, but the spot we had (44 ft MH), we were unable to push out our full wall slide as utilities were in the way and we were no able to move over. Again, OK for a stop over, but not much else. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $34.00

The people running the place are extremely helpful and friendly. We stayed here a week, as it was the closest place we could find to the Nationwide Childrens Hospital. We were in site 25, which was described as having to parallel park, and it was exactly that, but with some extra room. On the passenger side was the interior road, while on the driver side there was some woods, a swamp, and a space for the site's picnic table. The Wi-Fi worked well, as did our AT&T cell phones. The TV worked well on the antenna and on satellite. Connections were well marked and easy to get connected. The water, we were told, comes from a well. I did talk to someone from a water testing lab, who was taking samples, and he told me he was doing the quarterly water testing. This is a basic park, with no amenities. It was clean, and it was quiet. We would stay again. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Motorhome.

Other

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

We stay here while in town for a tent revival in Columbus. It more than meets our needs. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Motorhome.

This is not a resort-type campground. The lots are sufficient with the necessities of w/e/s. Wifi has improved over the years and is better then a lot of places we've stayed. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $40.00

Tiny park. Gravel and grass with no dust. No amenities. But great for over night. In fact if you had something to do near there, more than a night would be okay too. Host was very friendly and helpful. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Grass

It is just a tiny nice little park. Neat and clean.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

Small campground just off busy road into Columbus area. Sites are small and tight. Park is clean and appears well kept. Owners are finishing utility upgrades to support power needs. Some of the longer sites could be challenging to enter pulling long trailer. Some might find the close quarters of the interior drives a challenge. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $43.00

Very basic, parking lot style, RV Park. No amenities or extra frills. Very tight quarters with little room between sites. Gravel pads and driveways are uneven and muddy. Sewer stand pipes are high (6"-8") above ground level and don't allow good drainage from lower sitting travel trailer; especially considering the site is off level, sloping away from the drain. No cable hook ups, but free wifi available, sporadically. Overall, not a terrible value for a very short stay, but we won't return, if we can find a better alternative. Unfortunately, there aren't many other options available in the area. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Alton RV Park, owner at Alton RV Park responded to this review

We are sorry this guest had a less than satisfactory stay. We are in the middle of an electrical upgrade, doubling our electric capacity. This will allow our voltage to remain more stable during hot weather. Unfortunately this camper was parked near an area where underground digging took place for the project. This no doubt temporarily caused some mud and uneven terrain at that time. We are working as quickly as possible to make a more enjoyable stay for each camper. As for the wifi; I am uncertain as to why there were issues with that service. Most of our feedback from campers is that our park offers some of the best free wifi coverage they have experienced while camping. We hired a top notch company to install radio towers; and since we are only 3 acres, the coverage is usually very good. We pay that company to oversee our wifi. At check in we give each camper the user name, password and phone number for tech support. We want our guests to have a positive experience.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $40.00

This is a small and quite nice park. The owners are so accommodating and willing to help in any way. We were wary at first but when I called, the lady with whom i spoke was just the nicest and had exactly what we needed. We stayed a full week and felt "at home". We had a bit of snow two times and FRIGID weather. It is close to Camping World that had repair parts we needed due to the weather. No, it doesn't have amenities one might need for children, but it is perfect for a quiet stay. We would surely come here again. We camped at Alton RV Park in a Motorhome.

Call ahead! We were traveling in the winter - this is one of only a very few parks open. We were lucky to get a site. There's very little to do in the immediate area - very nice Kroger is about a mile. Movie theater within 3 miles. Very close to Columbus where there is MUCH to do. Eat at Ann and Tony's in West Jefferson - about 5 miles. Delicious!

Featured Campgrounds Near Alton RV Park

Are you affiliated with Alton RV Park ?