2.4 Terrible

Springfield, Ohio 45502

• WiFi WiFi no
  • Showers Showers no
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Beach Beach yes

Ask fellow campers about "Enon Beach Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $41.00

Many full time residents in run down, unkept trailers and sites. Numerous stored old trailers. Back area is very run down. Numerous trains throughout the night and a busy interstate. Nice and helpful host. Nice pond with swimming area. Rec room with limited activities or games. We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Fire Ring

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $32.00

Very dirty and run down. Close to highway, but also very close to an active railroad track and trains seemed to pass through our RV at least 3 times during the night. Power pedestal old and sketchy, worried about quality of power. I would avoid this CG if at all possible. We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass
Fire Ring

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $38.00

I enjoy it. The lake is truly a large pond but the water is clean. The restrooms were clean, yes a little out of date but it's a campground not the Hilton. The staff were friendly even willing to shutdown the pond so i could S.C.U.B.A. dive. The sites were close just like Deer Creek State Park. If you are coming from the city and you don't want to hear traffic - sorry, its here. Also the train (you get used to the noises). Instead of buildings and sidewalks you get trees and grass, birds singing (you know, nature). I saw all the bad reviews and I'm glad I didn't listen to them. We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $34.00

Internet information post lies about this campground, restrooms are so bad I wouldn't let my dog walk in them. The staff appearances could have been better, sitting at picnic table smoking without a pleasant welcome even. IF WE could get our money back we would leave. Had hook up on wrong side. The permanent resident campers were old, junky, dirty, stuff piled up all around camper. Good Sam Club shouldn't let their good name be represented at this campground. We have always had faith in Good Sam's campground until now. Never be back! We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near Enon Beach Campground

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $38.00

The restrooms were clean on arrival. Stayed 3 nights and they were not cleaned. Woodales"s rates restooms 5 they are generous, for what is charged the restroom facility needs to be up dated. I would describe restrooms as VERY outdated. Reminded me of WWII barracks. Shower heads were disgusting. IF the water came out it was cold or hot. I didn't even want to touch the shower faucets. Outside appearance was very nice, trees, lake, as long as you didn't look at the resident trailers. The laundromat was clean and looked like new machines. The wood for fires was cheap and burned well. Even though advertised, there was no rec room. if you do not need to use the restroom I would recommend the campground. We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $38.00

Located by 2 busy highways AND RR crossing. Train ran all night whistling almost every hour at crossing. Large RV bone yard and perm residents, looks like an old trailer park. Owners nice. Would NOT recommend! We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

NO grocery stores or anything nearby. Museum of USAF was awesome!

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $35.00

Read the earlier reviews. Very high noise level, particularly the trains. Small roads with tight turns for anything over 36ft. Hookups on wrong end of pad. Low water pressure, and you have to share that with your neighbor. Had to drive across grass to reach our site. Run down permanent sites with unfriendly occupants. Park exit is very narrow, and trees badly scratched the side of my coach. I would not recommend this for even an overnight stop. We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $30.00

I'm glad I visited this campground before reading the reviews, otherwise I wouldn't have camped there. Maybe they've done some renovating in the months or years since most of these reviews were written, or maybe I'm just not picky. Admittedly, my wife and I weren't swept off our feet by the luxury and vast amenities, but we've stayed in worse and paid more for them. We full time so we visit a lot of campgrounds, and I feel Enon Beach Campground doesn't deserve the bad rap it has. While the showers and bathrooms are certainly dated, you get level (mostly paved), shades sites with full hookups and plenty of space compared to other places we've been. There are a lot of full time residents there and the "RV Graveyard" does take away from the coziness a little, but the two weeks we spent there we had no problems with anyone carrying on or making noise, and found all of the folks we interacted with to be very nice people who would do anything to help you before they even met you. The staff was friendly, and they have an entire section of the beach for dogs to go swim in the water separate from the roped off swimming area. There was also a fishing pier and a dock with some paddle boats that can be rented for $2 per half hour. We certainly got used to the trains and the hum of the interstate after a day or two, and honestly didn't notice it after a while unless we were sitting outside. We would definitely stay here again and plan on it in the near future. We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $35.00

A transportation junkies dream! Railroad tracks right outside the park, and I-70 100 yards away. Frontage road and a highway on the other sides! Noisy? This place defines noisy. Also motorcycles and ATV's. Lots of permanent sites, older rigs - thought we were getting into a "Deliverance" campground! Big sign at the gate "No Guard Dogs". A pit bull tied to a golf cart passed us almost immediately. Something good to say? A great spot to watch Norfolk Southern trains and count the semis on I-70. We will not stay here again. We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $35.00

While this campground is convenient to the air force museum, I would not recommend it. It had very tight turns for a 36' motorhome. It was full of unoccupied junky old trailers and located right beside two freeways and the train tracks. Internet only in laundry room. Too expensive. We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $35.00

Oh my gosh!! Wish I had read the other reviews before we pulled in. The place is in dire need of some TLC. I'm rating it a 3 because the staff was very nice: otherwise I'd give it a 1. The roadways in the park are NOT user friendly for big rigs. Trees at the sites need to be trimmed. We had to move because the site we were first in had cedar trees on both sides and we were unable to get our LR slides out. We asked to move and although the staff was very accommodating, she moved us to a site with similar tree issues. The second site was supposed to be a "pull through" but they had only paved half of it. When we went to leave, we had to drive over part of the playground (which appeared to be part of the site in the first place.). Water pressure was very low. Other reviews mentioned power surges, but with a surge protector, we were ok. Lots of old broken down dumpy trailers, some covered in so much dirt/slime and mold, you really couldn't make out the manufacturer. They appear to have been here for quite some time. The "lake" was more of a pond. Didn't see anyone swimming, nor would I go in there as there were close to 35 geese swimming, walking and "doing their business" on the road and beach. Didn't need to worry about people not picking up after their pets, as goose droppings were everywhere! Trains about 100 yards away and yes, blew the whistle as it passed the park (due to the train crossing about 75 feet from the entrance of the park.). Didn't go out after dark as I didn't feel too safe. Seemed more like a rundown trailer park instead of an RV park. Definitely will not stay here again, nor would I recommend it to anyone. Felt it was very overpriced ($35) for the area, sites, amenities, narrow roads and current clientele. This park is not NOT big rig friendly. Grass needs serious cutting! Park does not take credit cards either. I'd recommend a Wal-Mart parking lot first. We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2011 - $26.00

This was our first campground in the U.S. It was mid-November and quite cold, going below freezing sometimes at night. We were there six nights. Most campgrounds were closed. There were a number of permanent residents, almost all in rundown RVs and trailers. There were a few regular RV customers. The showers were not heated, and very run down. Water, sewer, and electricity were OK. Wi-Fi was only accessible in the games room. One night there was a birthday party, and another night people under the influence in the games room. We used the Wi-Fi at the library in town. The park would present better in the summer, when I expect there would be families camping, and the unheated showers less of an issue. We would not stay there again. We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $35.00

I can agree with a lot of what was said. The place was a little rundown but then again a lot of people will be turned away by the Train and freeway noise. So I can understand why they don't make it a high dollar resort. Its close to Dayton not really a lot choices. The staff was very nice accommodating and helpful. Derelict campers I met two of them one was a out of work Iron Worker who was working for a defense contractor doing the best he could with his 8$ an hour, the other was a retired carpenter. Both were very good guys and I enjoyed meeting them. Shame on anyone who looks down their nose at someone in a lesser financial position then they are. They gave me a good monthly rate like the rest of us they do the best they can with what they have. I would stay there again. We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $35.00

So sad! This could be a great campground! Nice water access and easy on/off to the highway, but terribly neglected and run down. Everything the prior reviews say is true. The train is incredibly close and does wake you at 2 or 3 in the morning, even if you like trains. And the collection of derelict campers is pathetic. A little paint, general maintenance, electric stability (yes, we had problems with the electric too: and with 2 dogs in the summer, not something we were happy about), and improved amenities this campground has some potential. We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $33.00

They have a nice beach and children were swimming and fishing. No lifeguards. Nearer to the office the sites seem to be nicer. The campground overall is dirty with small sites. The water pressure varies from average to off. It has a lot of old trailers, 5th wheels and motor homes that are not taken care and lots of stuff piled around them. It is next to a train track where trains run throughout the day and night which adds to the noise. This campground appears to have a younger wilder crowd that plays music, drives trucks and motorcycles until 1 or 2 in the morning. They throw beer cans around. Pet owners don't always pick up. This definitely is not a park I would stay in again. We camped at Enon Beach Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Enon Beach Campground

Are you affiliated with Enon Beach Campground ?