8 Good

• Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating yes

Ask fellow campers about "Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $38.00

This park was amazing. The service was great. Everyone was really friendly. I wish I could have stayed longer. The problem I had was the wifi service. I could barely hold a connection. I wound up tethering for an entire day. It's not their fault - I had a full day of work to do and wound up canceling it to find better wifi. Other than that, they had someone there to greet me and answer my questions, everyone was super nice, the site was level, and the location was gorgeous. My favorite part was when I was asked if my dog chose the Country Dog stump or City Dog hydrant, and I told the fellow my dog went for the dumpster. I wish I could have stayed. Loved this place! We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Motorhome.

Other

Spend time here if you want to disconnect. If you are looking for a place to camp and have internet, it's not quite right.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $42.00

Nice park with easy access to I-40. All 50amp sites were taken by an RV club so we ended up with a 30amp site that was spacious and got afternoon shade. Only stayed for one night. Well maintained and staff helpful & friendly. Laundry room useful. We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Motorhome.

Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $47.00

Easy in and out but need to take care with some trees. We had a premium site so had table, chair, fire pit and nicely landscaped. Great site for extended stay. Owners pleasant and helpful. Campground is on the lake with a short walk on road through woods. Pool was inviting but we were only there for the night. Cute camp store with some different items. We have stayed here before and what we always enjoyed was the cafe that was open for all 3 meals. It now is open only during summer and 5 days which included the weekend. This was a really nice perk when it was always open. We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $50.00

Stayed here after changing course on 4th of July weekend, split decision and well worth it. Well maintained grounds, friendly staff and family oriented. Out of all the KOA's we've stayed in, this was the best expierence. They had a full schedule of events for the kids - including water ballon fights, smores roasts and a very impressive fireworks show that rivaled city funded events we've attended. They have a "quick bite" diner that is great if you just need a snack after a haul. Walk up lake access, a catch and release pond and a petting zoo with a very friendly cow named Daisy (she would wait for the kids when the train ride was over. lol) We stayed two nights - well worth it! Hidden Gem!! We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Site 34 Choctaw Loop
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Featured Campgrounds Near Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $43.00

Nice one night stay on our way home. Wifi was ok but not like home. Very clean campground and well maintained. We were escorted to our site and asked if he could do anything else for us. We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $42.00

I'd stay here again. We were only here one night as we traveled home, but it was pleasant enough to deserve a good review. It's an older park but well maintained with long and wide sites. We asked for and received a treeless site so our satellite worked perfectly (a must have when we travel). WiFi a tad slow but it's free, so no complaints. The on-site cafe was handy as we were hungry after a long drive and it saved us from unhooking the toad and looking for a restaurant (or worse, cooking). Food won't win awards but it hit the spot. Whatever pothole issues which existed in prior reviews have been fixed and the access road is smooth. Staff was very pleasant, always welcome after a long day of driving. You won't go wrong. We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $44.00

Easy to get in/out, easy roads to navigate. Interior roads and sites are gravel. Utilities worked well although our sewer was up-hill. Wifi was sufficient for email and minor browsing. Stayed just one night so didn't use further amenities. Basically a typical KOA. We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $44.00

Older KOA park but clean & well maintained. Park located on a side road next to I-40, with trees to buffer, however no issues getting in and out with a 40ft MH with tow. Staff was friendly, helpful and took us to our site. Our site was gravel, close to level, full utilities, water pressure good, site long enough so we didn't have to unhook tow. We had a picnic table and patio. There are trees, but we were able to get satellite. Wi-Fi worked good. There is no dog park, however plenty of green area to walk dogs. There is a pool with outdoor sitting area. Office has store with small cafe. We were staying only one night therefore having someone else cook dinner after a long day was perfect. We had burgers and they were good! Located near a lake, there is a short trail down to lake. When outside you will hear noise from i-40, however AC/fan buffer the noise when in the rig. Not fancy, but a great place to stay for a night. We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel
Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $55.00

It's a nice campground but I think a bit pricey for the location. It's right on top of I-40 with lots of freeway noise. We were in a premium campsite with " satellite" access & we were surrounded by trees so, of course, no satellite access but the patio and amenities were lovely. It's a short walk down a bumpy trail to the lake which looks like it's very high and very, very muddy from spring rains. Not attractive right now at all. We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Pavers

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $34.00

Our last stay here was October, 2013 (see that review for a better description of the park), so we knew what to expect here. We again got a FHU, pull through site that was satellite friendly. The Wi-Fi was good enough for our minimal (e-mail and web surfing) needs. The bathrooms were clean OK, but probably not adequate for a full park. We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $34.00

Site was a pull through. Check in was quick, site was level and no problems setting up. Had a picnic table and full h/u. Campgrounds were clean and the bathroom facilities were extremely clean. Good hot water, just wish the shower had a little more pressure. Wifi was very good and that is important to me. They have a nice little farm zoo and a beautiful trail down to the lake. If you are planning a rally they have 3 rooms and one is very large. Staff was wonderful and willing to help you in any way they can. There were a mixture of RV's from travel trailers to class A's. I have a class C and the park works well for all. I would definitely recommend this campground. We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Motorhome.

Site 11

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $34.00

Overall an average older KOA Park . Good for an overnighter. Clean showers and bathroom. No cable but plenty of over the air channels. Typical Wi-Fi sometimes fast then slow. Sites are spaced just right. We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Grass

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

I have stayed here a couple of times and been very pleased with the park and the sites. The service is excellent. The park is right off of I-40 but you do not get any highway noise. You are still about 10 miles away from any shopping, restaurants, gas stations, etc. The park is well maintained with gravel roads and sites. Many trees for shade but some will still allow satellite access. Sites are nicely spaced and long enough to handle large rigs and tow vehicles. Overall a very nice park. As I am no longer a KOA member the price is higher but a good overnight park. We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $37.00

Office did not seem very accommodating as I requested a lot with no trees and although the park had many empty spaces, I was given one with overhead trees so no satellite reception. Lots of green grass and well kept. Good 50 amps. Conveniently located right off I-40. You may want to unhook your towed vehicle if you are a big rig. We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

We had a pull-through that was slightly unlevel front-to-back and long enough for our 40 ft motor home and toad. Nearby trees did not block our satellite dish but that was the luck of the draw and probably not the case for many of the sites. Good cable TV. Good Verizon signal. Friendly and helpful staff. Park was clean and well maintained. We camped at Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA

Are you affiliated with Checotah / Lake Eufaula West KOA ?