5.9 Average

Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort)

Champion, Pennsylvania

1662 Indian Creek Valley Rd
Champion, Pennsylvania 15622

• Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar yes
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Gym/Workout Facilities Gym/Workout Facilities yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $46.00

This places is Very big, about half the park is seasonal, very well maintained, huge outdoor pool, inside pool is dated and needs a redo, check in, was a breeze.. roads and sites are VERY TIGHT!! sites are all back-in’s
We will be going back, Park has a lot to do We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Bring bikes behind the pool and over the walking bridge is the rails to trail, awesome biking or walking

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $55.00

The sign for the campground was easy to spot. This place is Very WELL MAINTAINED! The office/Gatehouse is at the front entrance! The lady who checked us in was super nice and friendly after check in two workers got into their golf cart to show us our site. Nice site (the lanes were a little tight for a 41 ft 5th wheel but do able). They helped us back in like a pro's! Site was great! This place is I would say 75% seasonal sites. I like that there is not a turnover of campers. The seasonal camp owners we met to said they had been here many years. The seasonal campers take pride in here their sites and make them look amazing. The staff.....SUPER AWESOME! I think the outside pool is the biggest we have ever seen!( It is like 1/2 of a football field in size. The inside pool could be a litter cleared. Lifeguards were on duty when we were there. The arcade was nice as well as the jump pillow and mini golf. Our kids had a blast. People have fun cruising the campground in their golf carts. We would and are planning on a return visit! PS: the fireworks were AWESOME as well as the Saturday night entertainment. ( Which was all included in the cost.) We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

D51
Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $44.00

I am doing this review from perspective of a transient camper, as compared to a seasonal one. This park is obviously focused on serving its seasonal customers more than travelers, and it appears that the seasonal folks really like it. But I would not stay here again if I was passing through area. Negatives first: -Required to pay in full at time of reservation, and no refunds are offered if you need to cancel, only a credit to a future stay. -The mostly-gravel (with some grass and mud) sites in the transient area are pretty close together, on narrow gravel roads barely wide enough for a trailer, and minimal maneuvering room opposite your site. Plus, after heavy rains (which was case for our visit), many of sites turn in quagmire of mud and puddles. As an older review mentioned, I needed to switch truck to 4-wheel drive in order to get into site. -Once I got RV into site, there was zero space for truck, and no nearby parking area. I was able to use a nearby site because the campground transient area was not crowded when we were there. If campground is full, maneuvering here in anything 30 foot or over would be horrendous. -The bathroom/shower facilities have very limited capacity considering the size of the campground. -Kids and families on golf carts drive around and around and around the roads endlessly On the plus side: -Staff was friendly and helpful in our limited interactions, and saw them go to great lengths to assist bigger rigs squeeze into tight spots while we were there. -Grounds and bathroom/shower facilities well maintained and cleaned. -Lots of amenities, like a mammoth outdoor pool, an indoor heated pool, mini-golf, arcade/game room, basketball and tennis courts, and a laundry, which we did not use but looked clean. -Good hot water in showers, but with low water pressure. -Sites had fire rings and picnic tables. -Good Verizon 4G coverage here, but no useful WiFi Bottom line: not to our tastes, maybe it will be to others. We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

D64
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Nice bridge to connect directly to nearby Indian Creek Valley rail-trail bike trail. Ohiopyle State park (30 minutes south) and Fort Necessity National Battlefield (45 mins south) are good stops in area.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $30.00

From the directions off the turnpike to driving in you will like this place! The sign off the road was very easy to spot. The first impression WELL MANICURED, WELL MAINTAINED! The office is right at the front gate super easy! The site we reserved had to be switched due to a last minute 400 tent campers. The lady who checked us in checked us in and got into her golf cart to show us our new possible site. Nice site (the lanes were a bit tight for a 32 ft trailer). She helped us back in like a pro! Site was great! Side to side was dead nuts on and we just had to level front to back. This place is I would say 80% seasonal sites. Personally I like that there is not a huge turnover of campers. The seasonal camper owners I talked to said they stayed there several years. The campers put HUGE effort and pride to make their sites look amazing. The staff.....AWESOME! We tried to melt our camper cord at the post. I went to the office and they sent the electrician. Maybe 10 minutes passed and I went to the RV store 10 minutes away. By the time I got back he inspected and reset the circuit I tripped, now that's service! ENORMOUS I think is how to describe the outside pool! Inside pool could be a bit better lit but our kids had a blast. A lifeguard was on duty both nights we were there. The bingo was PACKED! It is a real sense of community there. People have fun cruising the campground in their golf carts. I would, am going back! We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Travel Trailer.

c116

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort)

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $34.00

Arrived and was placed in what I would describe as a gravel mud bog. Had to put truck in 4-wheel drive to place unit. Offered wifi and cable on web site, but were told upon arrival that both were additional cost options with no digital TV in area, website was quite misleading... Sewer dump at site was wide open, no cover and the first 2 inches were shattered, just a hole in the ground. Park was a typical "trailer park", NOT AN RV PARK!!! Probably the worst "RV" park we have ever stayed in. We would park in a parking lot before staying there again. Only bright side, manager and staff were friendly and courteous. But that only goes so far when you pull in after a days drive and suddenly you get the ! factor. If you even think about staying here, KEEP DRIVING !!! We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt

KEEP DRIVING !!!!!!!!!

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $13.00

This is a very large RV trailer park. Not really an RV Resort. Mostly long term. Lots of really nice trailers/Rv's on long term lots. Lots of Not so nice ones also. Very nice manager lady. They took us to the far side and was a dump out there. Lumpy bumpy very uneven grass site. Several trailers for sale, not kept up. The trailer next to where they put up looked like no one had been there in months. We tried to take a nice long walk and were chased by 2 dogs. Owner of dog just laughed and called their dogs back. Saw minimum of 6 dogs off leases. Will we stay here again? Nope. We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $13.00

We had called the 800# to reserve our site through Passport America. When we arrived, we had been assigned a tent site for our motor home. Friendly, helpful staff, quickly made the change to a FHU 30 amp site. No 50 amp sites in the park. Site was relatively flat, with some adjustments, and shaded. A lot of seasonal sites. Park has all the ammentities, but is older, and needs some updating. We would stay here again. We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $20.00

Wi-Fi available for a fee. ATT cell phone and internet very weak to non-existant. Grass site, no pad. Could not find the sewer drop. Large park that is mostly seasonals. Very friendly and helpful staff. A lot of golf carts on the roads. We received a special fall rate of only $19.95. Beautiful area in the Laurel Mountains. We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $38.00

We made reservations on their corporate site, being very specific about ages of family members. We received confirmation email and upon arrival at campground was told in price was wrong and we should have called campground and that we had to pay more. After showing confirmation they still would not honor, blaming corporate incompetency, I had to have them call corporate twice to get manager on phone who told them to honor price quoted. Very unprofessional local campground management. Unless you were the first person up, you had no hot showers. Outdoor pool not open or ready. Very busy campground constant traffic from cars and golf carts. They did have carnival for young children and a nice fireworks display. Overall bathrooms need work and they need to figure out how to keep hot water flowing in showers. If your looking for a quiet campground this is not it. The policy of the customer is always right, does not apply here. We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $48.00

Too many golf carts! A lot of seasonals with all the kitschy decorations you would expect. Too many young kids driving golf carts just like you would expect unsupervised teens to do. Last minute reservation for us, never again. We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $45.00

Let me start by saying that we had a great Memorial Day at this park in spite of the park. I had made paid in advance reservations way back in February so that I could get the site that I wanted. I then called back a week prior to check in to confirm my spot. I was then asked what size my rig was and I told her it was 31ft. She said no problem. Well once we pull in she takes a look at our TT and says there is no way that trailer will fit in my promised spot. Instead of a nice tree lined site by the river, I end up in an open site with not a tree in sight. Well we set up and go down to the pool. Oops: the pool is being patched. Etc., etc., etc. With the above negatives the people are fantastic. Great staff and and very friendly seasonals. Speaking of seasonals, I would estimate that 75% of this park is seasonal camping. We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $35.00

Dump, Dump, Dump. Oh yes, the brochure paints a beautiful picture. We were placed in a tent site after I made the reservation in February for Memorial Day weekend. The electrical hook-up was 20 amps which was insufficient for our air conditioner. The pop-up next to us was also plugged into the same outlet as we were. Needless to say, the fuses popped constantly as they also had an air conditioner, microwave, TV, refrigerator and hair appliances. The water pressure dropped on Saturday and on Sunday, so no one could flush their own toilets anywhere. All of the permanents ran to the campgrounds bathrooms and literally filled them to the brim with their filth. After complaining numerous times to the office, someone finally, after 2 hours came and looked at them. Two hours after that, someone finally came and worked on them for one and a half hours. There was also a 2 and 1/2 foot deep hole by the water tap which someone could be seriously hurt in. There was a beautiful fireworks display on Saturday evening, but if there would have been a fire, it would have kept on burning because there was no water to put it out with. A carnival was in the upper lot, but then again, the people from outside of the park who came to ride the rides did not have a porta potty in which to go to the bathrooms. Another issue, I had were the golfcarts everywhere. The permanent campers all had one. They rode through the campground aimlessly just to gawk at anything they could gawk at. I would never ever return to this dump. I have been camping for over 45 years and this experience was enough to turn me against camping; but then I have to remember that there are good campground out there. Just not this one! We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $50.00

We camped here in June of 2009, and would definitely not return! Actually if my kids weren't so excited I would have packed it up. So they do have a large pool, although it is not well maintained. The bottom of the pool was filthy and there is a significant slope to get in. They also had an indoor pool which apparently was having some construction done, a complete mess and hazard for small kids, yet it was still open. The site was small and covered with flies due to the permanent site next to us, their sewage hose wasn't properly hooked up so you can imagine the odor. This place is more like a trailer park than a campground. Definitely would never return. We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $34.00

A great place to take the family. Lots of activities and attractions to enjoy in the area. We are from the the neighboring town and stay there when we visit family. The visitor charge is quite a nuisance for us. The phone signal is poor and sporadic at best. We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $25.00

Very nice campground and lots to do for the kids. You can let the kids go and they have fun all day long until 10 PM then a movie and free popcorn and hot dogs. We camped at Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) in a Tent.

Are you affiliated with Mountain Pines Campground (formerly Mountain Pines RV Resort) ?