Fox Den Acres

• Dump Station Dump Station no
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Pet Area Pet Area no
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Fox Den Acres" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $35.00

This is a very large RV park located within about 30 miles of our destination in Pittsburgh. It has lots of amenities (pool, fishing lake, etc) but all we needed was a safe place to park to sleep at night. Our site was in a large field with RV's lined up as if they were attending a drive-in movie. That said, the spaces were adequate, the roads and pads were good, and the hookups were satisfactory. We were much too far away to check out the restrooms, showers, or the pool but we didn't need them anyway. We will probably stay here again when we are in Pittsburgh. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $38.00

Made a reservation by phone while on the road with very friendly office staff. Easy and friendly check in as well. This campground is built in layers on hillside and is very large. Drive in did not scare us at all, we have seen far steeper hills at other campgrounds. We were put at the lowest part of the park which held large, level, FHU pull through sites. Cable was offered but we did not use. We had good over the air TV reception. These sites are perfect for those with satellite dishes. Wifi was relatively good as well. Our site was level gravel with grass sides between campers. Each site had a picnic table. Fire rings and more tables are available around the perimeter of the park which means no smoke coming in your windows. Bathrooms are cinder block with concrete floors, very clean. Pool was nice with two slides and a small kiddie pool with fountain as well. Office/museum is full of stuffed, hunted animals which unfortunately included a spectacular wolf. Price for FHU + cable was good. Not far from highway with several easy to navigate loops. I would definitely stay here again when driving west. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $36.00

First Impression: A CG in a valley. Access road drops like a roller-coaster. Check your brakes. Safety: No concerns. Access: Exit 1 off PA-66 turnpike (before tolls), head east on Wilson Fox Road, about ½ mile. Municipal road in poor condition, good signage, Garmin GPS is accurate. Office: Nice staff, token store with snacks. Credit cards accepted but checks/cash preferred. Online reservations not available. No price discounts. Facilities: Pool and Kiddie pool in middle section, no fitness room. A crude "game room". No laundry room. Very bad restrooms/showers in middle section (score "F"). Propane sales. Multiple playgrounds. No off-leash dog run. Campground: Not in a flood plain. No storm shelter available. CG in 4 sections: lower, middle, "side", and way-out-back. Middle is heavily wooded. Interior roads are narrow gravel in fair condition with gentle turns and no overhead obstacles. Lower section is big rig friendly; middle and side sections, not so much. Multiple tent areas, no yurts or cabins. Sites are all nearby, sufficiently level, gravel, pull-through and back-in, grass between. Pedestals at middle of site with electric 20/30/50; no meters. Adequate water pressure with good taste. Sewer pipe is 4" threaded, about 2-4" above ground level. No patios with usable picnic tables. Some sites have fire rings. Good satellite views in lower and middle and way-out-back sections. Free cable TV. Free Wi-Fi with excellent coverage and bandwidth. Verizon phone at 3 bars; 4G at 2 bars. Aluminum recycle bin. Noise: No railroad or aircraft sounds; some local traffic and interstate noise. Bug Report (late May): no insect issues. Runners: CG roads poor for running (gravel). Yoga: grass areas okay for your mat. Conclusion: Score 5-Acceptable. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt

New Stanton, PA, is a distant suburb of Pittsburgh. Drive 10-ish miles north to Greensburg for groceries, fuel, auto parts, RV dealerships. Diesel in the area is expensive, about $3.50/gallon.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $35.00

Very steep hill to enter the park. With our 45 footer we stopped just prior to the office in order to turn to the lower field. They were still a bit mushy due to recent storms. Gravel roads need smoothing. Easy level and utilities worked well. Lots of maneuvering room with easy exit. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Fox Den Acres

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $35.00

Nice long pull thru spots with full hook ups, looks like the area could flood and grounds were very wet while we were there. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $35.00

This is a nice quiet campground. People were very friendly and my daughter says the facilities were clean. They have pay showers but only $.25 for 10+ minutes. There was a nice pool and the park is very convenient to Pittsburgh. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $35.00

Large big rig friendly campground (numerous large pull through gravel sites) with easy access from PennsylvaniaTurnpike. Mix of permanent residents and transients. We stayed one night. Bathrooms were clean. On-site cable TV was clear and crisp. Internet was good. Satellite was accessible. There appeared to be activities planned. There is a lake, pool and playground that we did not visit since we headed out early. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $35.00

Large park, seemed like a park that is good for families. Had a baseball field. We just stayed over night so we didn't get to check it out very well. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $35.00

We have stayed at Fox Den several times when heading west through Pennsylvania. Staff very friendly. Office "unique" and a must-see. This sis a perfect place for an overnight stay; with close proximity to I-76 and I-76. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $34.00

I used Fox Den as a base from which to visit family in Pittsburgh, so I wasn't really using the campsite amenities. Overall I found Fox Den to be great for my purpose. Very easy to access from the PA Turnpike. While the access roads to the sites are somewhat hilly in places, my site was level and the other's looked to be also. I was up in a nice shady area. There are a number of pull through sites, but they were booked up when I arrived. They are easy to access, but limited tree cover, so more exposed to sun. I did not use the bathrooms, but my male companion did and rated them as so, so. They do require $0.25, which isn't much, but is a pain if you forget a quarter and have to walk back and forth. The electric, water and sewer hookups were all fairly accessible and in good working condition. Campground did have good wifi signal and cable, both of which I used. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $40.00

Fox Den was a great experience. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave me everything I needed at check-in. They told us upfront that the bathrooms are "rustic" because the grounds have been in operation for 50 years!, but the restrooms were clean our whole stay. The kids really enjoyed the pool, and our site was roomy with a second picnic table and fire ring available making it a very big space. Our site gravel was pretty level, but the next one over needed to be smoothed and leveled. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

A104

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $34.00

This is our go to stop over spot when heading west, great pull thru sites with full hookups and long enough to stay connected, when stopping to register it is best to stay behind the gravel road to the left that leads down to the sites you will likely be assigned to avoid having to loop around another section of the campground. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $34.00

Nice park, clean and long sites. Used as overnight stop. Easy access if you pay attention to signs. We did not use cable, but had excellent satellite coverage. Also had decent Verizon coverage (2 bars). Roads were wide and campsite access was easyto get into and out of. I would stop here again and would use this as a base camp to explore the area. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $41.00

We had a pull-through in the lower section (nearest the street) that was mostly level front-to-back and side-to-side. It was more than long enough for our 40 ft motor home and toad. There were no trees tall enough to block our satellite dish. Poor Verizon signal (1 bar, 3G) and campground wifi, although not really all that fast, was usually better than what I could get off my Verizon hotspot. Campground was clean and well-maintained. Office staff were friendly and helpful. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Several freeways (I-70, I-76, PA-66, PA-119) all converge nearby. Add to that the fact that there is a lot of roadwork being done locally and it's easy to get turned around and head in the wrong direction. There's a supermarket in Youngwood, about 5 minutes away over back roads.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $34.00

Our site was in the lower, more open pull-through section with full hooksups and open sky for dish. Everything worked well and the gravel drained quickly after a strong rainstorm. There are lakes, a pool, and other amenities that we didn't have time to use. The staff was very friendly and efficient. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Fifth Wheel.

Fallingwater, the iconic Frank Lloyd Wright home designed to cantilever over a creek, is about an hour southeast and should not be missed. The tour was excellent and the grounds are lovely. Lunch at Primati Bros in Pittsburgh is a must- a large grilled sandwich with meat, cheese, coleslaw and fries between two big slices of bread and washed down with an Iron City brew or two--authentic Pittsburgh!

Featured Campgrounds Near Fox Den Acres

Are you affiliated with Fox Den Acres ?