South of the Border

Dillon, South Carolina

3346 Hwy 301 N
Dillon, South Carolina 29536

• Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "South of the Border" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2019 - $40.00

Next to I-95. Campground is perfectly upgraded seriously since I last stayed 2 years ago. Paved sites that are level, and many are well shaded in the original area. New, paved, generously large pull-thru sites there, but no trees there, I guess assuming big rigs have big slides. Note that I paid an additional $10 to get a pull-through site. I consider that a value decision given their prices. New electrical panels and water plumbing at all the old sites. Bathrooms are old, hard used, but very clean, serviceable, and satisfactory. This is a convenient, value-priced site ideal for overnight stops. We camped at South of the Border in a Travel Trailer.

113-original area
Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Pedro's shops are kitschy, but the semi-obscene stuff is gone, and kids might love the colorful tourist stuff. The on-site gasoline (Sunoco) prices now reflect the average available along I-95. That makes it very convenient.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $44.00

Convenient to I-95. Any travel on I-95 can't miss the billboards for Pedro. Campground is perfectly satisfactory. Nothing special, but all satisfactory. Dirt/gravel sites that are level with many sites well shaded, good if you are there in the summer. About 6 new, paved, pull-thru sites but there is not a tree in sight. Bathrooms are a little old, but again satisfactory. Pedro's shops are really klitschy, but kids might love them. We did not visit any of them. Big negative on a summer stay is that the pools are at the motels, which is a decent walk away. Overall, nothing great, but OK for a stopover. We camped at South of the Border in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $44.00

It’s about what you’d expect. It’s an easy in an out. The sites are level, but that’s really the only positives. One night stop... it works. We camped at South of the Border in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $40.00

We usually stay on our way 1 night from Virginia to Florida and back. They now have a motorcross training facility there now. The kids were suppose to push their bikes back and forth to the training which some did not. There were kids zooming around on a golf cart. We called the office and were told, well we don't have an age limit on golf carts and its ride at your own risk for both the bikes and golf carts. So I guess it was walk around at your own risk. We will not stay there again We camped at South of the Border in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near South of the Border

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $31.00

This was a good choice for an overnight stay. Quiet, safe, paved roads, great place to walk, lots of trees. The Internet is very good if you're near a bath house (8 Mbps) but weak at our site. Used our hotspot instead. Power was excellent, didn't use water or sewer overnight. The sites are paved and just wide enough to accommodate the wheels of our motorhome, everything else is grass. Not sure what to think of the water treatment facility that is directly beside our camper. It makes a strange noise about every 3 minutes that had to be drowned out at night with our fans/sound machine. The trees are awesome here and give it a park like feel. Would stay again, but probably opt for a pull through site (extra $10/night) and away from the water (sewer?) treatment facility. We camped at South of the Border in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $32.00

Great place for an overnight stay. Gated park with level sites, which are closer than I like but for a one night stay while traveling it's pretty nice. The showers did not have hot water but it was so hot out that a cold shower actually felt good. Of course typical South Carolina weather had me sweating again by the time I got back to the A/C of my camper. Town of Dillon to the south had plenty of restaurants, but it is a small town so don't expect fine dining. Supposed to be a good Mexican restaurant on-site. The camp office had a good selection of supplies at reasonable rates. Stocked up on light bulbs while there. We camped at South of the Border in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Asphalt

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $29.00

For a one night overnight stay, it is an excellent value! Safe, easy to navigate in the campground, and decent sites. Do not expect much. Pull in, plug in, slides out, and sleep. We camped at South of the Border in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt

Nearby, Very Close

Our children loved to look at all the animal sculptures. We went to the Steakhouse and it was meh. Dining options are limited so either plan on having a meal in the RV or good luck. The travel store offered plenty of selections of snacks and drinks.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $32.00

We stayed here on our way from Florida to Virginia, and then again on the way back. We were very pleased with our stay here. It is a gated campground, which is nice. Most sites are pull through and are full hook-ups. The sites are level and paved so no problems there. If you are looking for a nice, safe place to stay off of the interstate try this place. Also, you have use of the South of the Border main hotel pool included in your campsite fee. Win-win. We camped at South of the Border in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $32.00

Gated campground. Our site 153 was a pull thru..didn't have to unhook our 36ft 5th wheel from our truck, although I should have entered it from the other end instead of the way the employee told us, as I needed an extension cord for the electric. Most sites were very nicely kept..a few could have used some cleaning up. Restrooms were block wall with shower curtains. Didn't use them. Didn't check out the laundry facilities..Garbage bins were every few campsites..so no dumpster..employees emptied them in the AM. Cable was very fuzzy on the lower channels (would have given it a better rating if this was better) Internet was free and worked very well. We camped at South of the Border in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $30.00

We used this campground a couple times for an overnight stop. It is very easy to get to off 95 and was good value for the nightly rate. South of Border attractions are within walking distance. Verizon service is excellent. The pull thru sites are spacious, long & level and interior roads are good. The bathhouse and facilities could use some attention. Strictly an overnight rest site for us and would return again for this reason. We camped at South of the Border in a Motorhome.

great overnight rest site with some attractions within walking distance.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $30.00

First time here. The road signs had read newly renovated. Didn't see any sign of that once we got here. Very narrow roads and site, was long enough to accommodate my 36" MH without unhooking the toad. Bathrooms very outdated, hot, not clean enough for me to use. Trash cans throughout the park where overflowing with trash also laying on the ground beside them. Tables were not at all sites, the ones that were visible were in need of repair. Electric poles duct taped together. Sewer is just a metal cover over a hole in the ground. No cable. Bad wifi. I thought we would try it for a one nighter, but it was a little rough even for that. We won't be back. We camped at South of the Border in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

Several restaurants and small trinket stores within walking distance. Had a pool available at the motel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $30.00

Touristy place but campground was nice with long, level, pull thru spots. Plenty of shade. Easy access to I-95. Even though we were fairly close to the interstate highway, it was reasonably quiet. Great overnight spot when traveling on the east coast. We camped at South of the Border in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $28.00

Large park with pull-throughs (cost more than back-ins) and back-ins. Ours was a back-in. Old park and roughly maintained but OK. Pull-through sites are nicer. Lots of shade. Campground is part of a Mexican-theme based amusement park complex. For the June time period, not many takers. Our site sewer dump was not close enough for us to use and was mixed in with some old tree roots. We used a vacant site sewer connection in the morning as we were leaving. We camped at South of the Border in a Motorhome.

6 back-in

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $29.00

This was our second stop at Pedro's Campground, and I have to admit that I was glad we stopped on our way to Pennsylvania from Hilton Head Island. I am normally a light sleeper, but I hardly heard any traffic noise from I-95 and had a good nights rest. The pull-through site was extra large, the utilities were good, and the entire campground was clean and neat. I would bet that only 10% of the sites were occupied on a Friday night which made it even nicer. I would definitely stop here again. We camped at South of the Border in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $30.00

As a regular on I-95 I've avoided stopping at South of the Border but we were heading north in hard rain and running out of daylight. By the time the Good Sam GPS said we arrived we were past the sign :( I was pleasantly surprised, the place was friendly, organized, gated, clean and easy to navigate. The site was easy to back into and more than the usual space between sites. Only problem was in this driving rain there was a deep puddle around the connections and I waited until the lightning past before plugging in. We departed the next morning without having to buy any fireworks :) We camped at South of the Border in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near South of the Border

Are you affiliated with South of the Border ?