9.5 Excellent

• Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Anchor Down RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $69.00

We have stayed here several times when we could get a spot. We have been RVing for over 5 years and this is our number one choice anywhere! IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO GET A RESERVATION - THAT IS MY ONLY NEGATIVE Great clean sights, easy back-ins - just a great place. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $69.00

This is one of the cleanest and prettiest landscaped campgrounds we've ever stayed at. The staff is always buzzing around on golf-carts, cleaning up sites, delivering firewood, picking up trash and just generally keeping the place looking beautiful. Showers/bathrooms were spacious - an entire room to yourself! The laundry was great, although it really could use one or two laundry carts to move your stuff from washer to dryer. The sites along the edges of each of the three levels have lovely views of the lake. It is disappointing to motorhome owners that they are almost all back-in. If I had one of those sites, I think I would pull in anyway and pass cords/hoses under the coach in order to get that view out my big front window. You can get a pretty good workout by walking the hills, but most people seem to have golf carts. You also need to be careful of the kids flying around on bikes - the nicely surfaced interior roads let them build up some speed. I agree that the nicest sites are 20-29 up on the highest level. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $80.00

This is a hard park to rate. It is very nice, very clean, and all staff were friendly. Yes there are rules, but not strictly enforced. I saw plenty of dog pens, garden signs, tent campers, and campers that were not in great shape. None of these things detracted from the campground by any means, however just wanted to point out I felt like they were not overbearing with the rules as some have stated. My biggest complaint is the site we had. It is a signature site, but i felt like my site and a few next to me were not signature sites at all. When the sites beside me were occupied, and this is a busy campground, so they were almost always were, there was no view except the campers around us. I did view the photos online prior to picking the site, so the fault is mine. I did not realize that when another rv was beside you, the view is gone. This was common with alot of sites. I think our personal favorite site was up on top of the hill , site 20. Site 20-29 are all very nice. Some other reviewers stated that a golf cart is necessary, however my husband and I like to walk, and did not find it to strenuous. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Visit Asian Cafe in Dandridge for really good Chinese food. Visit Smokey Mountain Knife Works, very interesting. Be aware that Pigeon Forge is about a 15-20 min drive, but for Cades Cove, Clingmans Dome, and Smokey Mountain park areas, your looking at 1hour to 1 1/2 hour drive. Knoxville is about 2o mins

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $69.00

Anchor Down is, without question, the gold standard by which we measure other campgrounds. Pretty much everywhere else is a disappointment after you stay here. This is our 3rd time here and our first choice when visiting the Pigeon Forge area. Great service, SUPER CLEAN, terrific views, dry affordable wood, awesome pool/slide. Fort Wilderness at Disney is the only other campground we've ever been to that is in the same league as Anchor Down. If I had to list one gripe it would be the lack of shade in most of the park. Hopefully one day they will offer cabins for our non-RVing family/friends. But, outside of that, Anchor Down checks all the boxes. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Featured Campgrounds Near Anchor Down RV Resort

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $50.00

It's like camping on the grounds of the Taj Mahal. Full hookups at every site. The staff is extremely helpful and accommodating. Everything, and I do mean everything about Anchor Down, is top-notch: palatial bathhouses, huge pool, lakefront beach, level/concrete sites each with a stone fire pit or fireplace, tennis court, dog park, basketball court, boat dock, fishing pier, lake toys, quiet, and close to Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mtns National Park, and Gatlinburg. If you camp here and you're disappointed (but you won't be), you're doing something wrong. Short drive to grocery, shopping, and tourist attractions. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $59.00

We stayed Easter weekend 2019 and had a very nice stay. Everything in the campground is well kept and taken care of. The restrooms were spotless. We were in site #11 a premium back in site with the dog park and basketball court below us I would have preferred to stay in one of the other sites on the other opposite side of us 20 thru 29 have a a much nicer view in my opinion the least desirable sites in that area of the campground are the pull throughs. The standard back in sites in the center of the campground aren't that impressive to me it's a much better camping experience to splurge the $10 or $20 per night to get a premium or signature site then to stay in a standard site. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $139.00

We had a buddy site so it was for (two units) with our friends, the fireplace was great as was the views. The staff stopped by everyday, you could not ask for a better stay. We went into Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and did the Smokies. We booked for next year. Highly recommended. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Other

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $69.00

Excellent park with great customer service. This was our 4th time there and have already planned 2 more trips. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $53.00

Beautiful RV resort and facilities. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great views and space between sites. We will be back for sure! We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Dolly’s Stampede dinner show was great

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $69.00

Always a great place to stay. CLEAN and well run. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $60.00

One of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed. Lots of things to do and close to all the action in Pigeon Forge. My wife says we will stay here again. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $55.00

We have been RV'ers for 15 years and have had occasion to visit many parks. Without a doubt, this is the nicest park we have ever visited. The sites are very large and easy to manuver. We have a 41 foot fifth wheel and there was plenty of room to park the fifth wheel and the truck. The entire park is very beautiful with fantastic landscaping and amenities. The view of the lake and the surrounding mountains is breath-taking and you really hate to see the end of your stay roll around. The showers and restrooms are gorgeous. The people at the park are extremely friendly and helpful. Dandridge is a remote setting on a beautiful lake; however, it is only about a 15 minute drive to Pigeon Forge where there are plenty of restaurants, etc. There are, however, some nice restaurants within 5 miles of the park and the town of Dandridge is a very historical. We have booked our reservations for 2 trips in 2019. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $53.00

This park has spoiled us for any other RV park! Where do I begin? From the moment you drive up and see the beautifully landscaped flower gardens greeting you, you know this is nice. Wide, paved streets lead you to nice wide spots that are paved - you park on paved, and have your firepit and truck parking on paved. Everything else surrounding that was nice neat big gravel. Some of the spots have more shade than others; some have better views (and are more expensive) than others. We were there in September, so the only time we saw kids was on the weekend. But there was so much for kids to do - their own white sandy beach and swimming area; playground equipment. The park is right on Douglas Lake, so had a great launch place for boats or, in our case, kayaks. The lake was nice and quiet when we kayaked. There were two bathhouses, each with several private bathrooms, with sink, toilet and huge shower. Those bathrooms were amazing, with tile and granite! And very clean. They also had a "Campground Cafe" food truck right by the swimming pool, and they served all kinds of foods. We didn't get a chance to hike, because the weather was hot, humid, or raining, but look forward to that next time. Also - we were having a problem with one of our slides, and my husband was standing on the truck to try to fix the outside of the slide cover, when along came a man on staff in a golf cart, asking if he could help. He went and got his tools, came back, and probably spent almost an hour helping my husband. When he left, we asked his name (to give him a good review), and he said he was the owner! What a nice, humble guy he was. I just can't think of anything bad to say about this place! Decent wifi, great cable. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $80.00

Cleanliness was outstanding in all areas of the park, especially in the restrooms/showers. The rest room "compartments" are totally private, spacious spaces that contain a sink, toilet and shower and are spotlessly clean at all times. The campsites are mostly level and are all hardscape so they stay clean. Unfortunately, our site (a pull-in) was next to a back-in site, so our awning and door faced our neighbor's awning and door, so we were face-to-face with them. On the other side, we were only inches from that neighbor. Both our neighbors were quiet and friendly, so it was not much of an issue, except for privacy. Our site was on the road to the "beach" and boat launch, so there was a lot of golf cart and vehicle traffic going by throughout the day, especially on the weekend. Most other sites also seemed close together but many had a fantastic view of the lake with the mountains in the background. The sandy beach was very nice and very clean, with a super water slide close-by that was excellent fun. The pool was also clean and fun, with a water-slide that was enjoyed by children. We cannot say enough about the staff at this site that was extremely friendly and helpful. They constantly worked to make sure every bit of trash or dirt was picked up, and would offer you a ride to your site if they passed you as you were walking. The campground was quite hilly, but they rent golf carts that appeared to be fairly new so that makes it easy to get around. Wi-Fi and cable was excellent. We thought we could ride our bikes, but it was too hilly, and the main road had no shoulders so we were restricted to staying in the park as it was too dangerous to walk or ride the main road outside of the park - and, since the park was so hilly, we did not ride the bikes at all after day-one, a disappointment. We do not tow a car, and usually rely on walking or biking. There are several sites on the hill that had outstanding views, and some nice shade. If we go back, we will try to reserve one of those sites. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Other

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $59.00

A true resort. This place would be fabulous for families with kids. It has EVERYTHING: pool, water park on lake, views, dog park and more. We had site 17 up on a hill which was very spacious with a view of the lake. The sites that were on the lower level with back ins on the lake looked congested. One must rent a golf cart for $39/day to get to the office, pool, water park, etc. unless you young and athletic. Sitting by the pool one has a beautiful view of the lake. There is a little walk-up place near the pool that has hot dogs, hamburgers and pork sandwiches. The surface where you park your RV is a little strange. It is kind of cement but slick and textured. We tried to use our Camco leveling blocks, but they just skidded along and got chewed up by the texture. Luckily we had some wood we could use. The pad was not far off level. We camped at Anchor Down RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Absolutely go to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville North Carolina. Rent a golf cart at Anchor Down - just count it as part of the cost of staying there. Sit down by the pool to take in the view of the lake.

Featured Campgrounds Near Anchor Down RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Anchor Down RV Resort ?