8 Good

Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA

Sweetwater, Tennessee

269 Murray's Chapel Road
Sweetwater, Tennessee 37874

• Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $51.00

This is a rural park set with large shade trees. Roads are asphalt and some sites are paved, others are gravel. The terrain is hilly and the sites aren't particularly level. We had the best site in the park (#45) and it had an attractive wood deck with a table of chairs and a glider. However, all the sites are very close together and there is no privacy at all. All sites int he park are pull-throughs. Most sites were occupied with what appear to be seasonal and/or permanent rentals. I would guess that there are very few open for overnight stays. The last 1/3 mile road to the park is rather narrow but it isn't a problem as long as traffic isn't coming towards you. The staff in the office and the guide who led us to our site were both very pleasant. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $51.00

Wonderful recreational/play areas for youngsters, very nice dog parks. Close to interstate but far enough to avoid any noise. Nice long pull through sites (a wee bit off level as the CG is hilly). Access to campground is on a curve so be careful. All in all an excellent campground! We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $54.00

We stayed at the campground in a 41 foot fifth wheeler. The lot was graveled and a bit close to adjoining lots. My biggest peeve was the low water pressure. The campground had great Wi-Fi and good cable selection. I was impressed with the activities around the campground which included a pond which you could catch and release fish. There were inflatable pads for kids and Halloween decorations really added accent to the campground. There were nature trails to walk the dogs. It is close to the interstate and close to the city of Sweetwater. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Nearby the campground was the Dinner Bell Restaurant which had a country buffet at a reasonable price. It also had a general store with a nice assortment of souvenirs and misc. items. If visiting, the Sweetwater Farm has a farm that manufactures their own cheese, worth the visit. Downtown Sweetwater is a nice place to visit. Start with the visitor's center and they will let you know of all attractions in the area.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $43.00

Our site was slightly unlevel, but no real problem. Nice, very friendly and responsive management, clean park, quiet and safe. Easy in and out. Pull thru long enough for 40' coach and toad. Good electric, water, cable, no Sat because of trees. Will stay again. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Featured Campgrounds Near Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $44.00

This was an exceptional KOA. Guided to site, very nice welcome by staff, easy hook ups. We were so tired southbound from Maine to FL, stayed 2 nights. Great laundry facility, pet park and just very pretty. Enjoyed visiting antique shops in town and did marketing at local Walmart. Very easy access to I-81. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Town had nice antique shops. Walmart was average but adequate. Very convenient and relaxing stay.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $46.00

Lot 46 is a "deluxe" lot with a beautiful patio. The only problems with this lot is 1) very unlevel gravel and 2) sewer is no where near the rest of the utilities. The patio is large and elevated with brand new furniture. The tree they advertise on the lot has been cut down so there is no shade on patio until late in the afternoon. I inquired about an umbrella but they did not produce one. Nice quiet campground but many of the lots are unlevel. I was told that that is the way it is in TN. I would return but not to this lot. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Patio

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $43.00

Park is mostly shady, quiet, close to I75, well kept, and good customer service. Roads are all paved but some tight turns. It was so tight to pull out of our campsite (41B) that we think we may have gotten off the pavement as we turned. Although we never expected it as there was no drop off, the coach tipped to the point that we felt like we were going to tip over. Very sobering. We have over 47,000 miles on our 2016 40' motorhome and have never tipped that far. If you use that campsite, be very careful as you do your tight turn to the left as you leave. There were trees all thru the campground but we could get satellite service from the campsite that we had. They do escort you to your campsite. Our campsite was somewhat open, grass, unlevel, fire pit, and a picnic table. We were able to get both Sprint or ATT cell service. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

41B
Asphalt, Grass

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

We had a pull through even though we came in not long before closing. We had stayed here last in 9/2016. This is a nice stopover and there is a very good Southern restaurant just across the interstate called the Dinner Bell. Buffet breakfast and I think all meals are buffet. There is room for big rig parking if you are just passing through. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Asphalt

Roads coming in and out are a little narrow. Just pay attention. The turn in for the park is RIGHT ON a curve. The park appears to have most amenities--a bouncy thing for the kids, a pool, a dog enclosed area, etc.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

As others have posted convenient to interstate. The entrance road is very narrow and please use caution. The interior road is narrow as well. Our site 41B was one which could have had someone immediately behind us, but no one was. Check in was easy and people so friendly! Laundry clean. Couldn't get satellite. wifi slow. Overall park very clean and friendly. Probably would stay again. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

41B

Tight Turns

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $41.00

Tennessee = hills. We are always cautious in Tennessee because of the terrain. So, I always ask lots of questions and for the most part we were given accurate information. KOA isn't too far from highway but down a narrow road and park entrance is on a dangerous curve but a mirror is installed on a pole. Large speed bumps at entance and exit. We were given a double site which was plenty long enough. But with a slight incline and narrow road to get out was a constant worry for the week we were there. There was a picnic table and fire pit. Upon departure, we were fortunate that the unit behind us across the road left as we were packing up so we were able to back up into that site to avoid the incline and narrow road if we were to pull straight out of our site. We have a 40' 5th wheel and dually truck so that was our problem. There were several other sites that would have been more acceptable but we managed. Knowing what we know now about the layout of this park we would request a different site. Overall, a nice park and location. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $39.00

Not far off the interstate (I - 75) but the road noise isn't too bad. Most of the sites require some leveling and are a bit narrow but are manageable. The hosts are really nice and friendly and like to joke around but they do take good care of the campground. The men's bathroom was clean and the shower stalls are small even for my 5'-10", 180# self but the hot water felt so good after a long day on the road. I will stay here again if I need a stopover. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Grass

I was just passing through

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $43.00

Nice quiet campground conveniently located off I-75. Narrow road going into the entrance of campground and entrance located on a bend so be careful with oncoming traffic. Good water pressure. WiFi was a pain as it was Tengo Internet and signal very weak. Cable was snowy on most channels. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Good overnight travel stop with easy access to and from I-75.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

We stopped for overnight. The Park is easy to get to from the interstate. It was very quiet at night. The sites are relative close together but adequate. It is heavily wooded so satellite is out but the shade keeps everything cooler. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Motorhome.

Covered Forested

As others have said be very careful making the turn into the park. It is on a blind curve. There is a mirror installed so that you can see any oncoming traffic.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

First time at a KOA and was disappointed. All sites were pull-through, some concrete pads, some gravel, none were level. I needed about 4" to level side to side. I also had to disconnect to be able to level front to back. I noticed every RV had leveling blocks on the street side. Cable reception was poor, switched to OTA from Knoxville and very clear. Sites are very close to one another. Grass was well kept, nice area for dog exercise. This was an overnight stay. Park was very quiet. I don't think I will stop here again, a little overpriced for the site. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $38.00

This was a typical KOA that we would use for a one night travel stop. It was close to I-75 with good access. Be REALLY carful as you enter as the entrance is on a very sharp curve with limited visibility. The roads are good but narrow. The sites are paved but I did use one set of leveling blocks - not bad at all. The sites were relatively close together and was just long enough for me to stay hooked to my tow vehicle. Our site, number 65 was on the outside loop and was very comfortable. Most sites are shaded. There is a very good dog park.
All in all, it was a good stop over with a friendly and helpful staff. We would stay there again. We camped at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt

CamperSupport, employee at Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA responded to this review

Thank you for camping with us! We are glad you enjoyed our grounds, your campsite, and our dog park and staff. Also - we appreciate your leaving the tip about the road for potential future guests; we want everyone to be safe and it's definitely a curve to watch out for! Thanks for leaving us a review, and we look forward to having you back again sometime.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA

Are you affiliated with Sweetwater / I-75 / Exit 62 KOA ?