Shady Creek RV Park & Storage

Sunday: 9:00am - 1:00pm

Hours above shown for Central Time Zone

• Pull-thru Sites Pull-thru Sites no
  • Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store no
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Playground Playground no
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Gym/Workout Facilities Gym/Workout Facilities yes

Ask fellow campers about "Shady Creek RV Park & Storage" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $45.00

This was a quick stop overnight before hitting the road after the holiday so very little interaction with the staff or at the campground. No online reservations so have to call in. This is a very crowded RV Park with some nice features like a pool and community fire pit area, but in winter, it seems a high price when you can't use those features. They also store RV in an covered and fenced area. This lends to the feeling of it being very crowded. There were a lot of campers in the facility, unsure if some were permanent or lots of holiday travellers. Would stay here again for an overnight but would not be my choice for a long stay unless I wasn't planning to be in the park much. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $36.00

This was our first stay as we began full-timing, so I have a bit of a emotional tie to Shady Creek. I don’t believe that influences my review though because we’ve stayed multiple places since and Shady Creek is a great place. Very friendly staff. The gentleman who lives on site and is what I’d call the park caretaker or ambassador is about the kindest person you’ll meet. Being a newbie he took his time helping me back in our rig and giving great advice. The park only has back in sites by the way. Our spot backed up to an open field which was scenic and quiet. The area in general is in fast development, but it was still quiet. All amenities were clean, nice and in great working order. On site propane. Lots of full time or seasonal residents, not many other kids when we were there. But there seems to be a great community. I’d definitely return if we are back in the area. Very close to a lot of stores and restaurants, however it seems that the development of the area has caused a lot of traffic. At rush hour times you can wait for a looong time at lights. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $45.00

Very attractive park, lots of grass and landscaping. My site was not level. I had to put blocks under front wheels, but that did the trick. The gravel was uneven. I had to crawl under front of motor home to patch "holes" in the gravel before deploying jacks. A little maintenance would have been nice. I had no problem with my 35' MH, but 40'+ big rigs might find access a bit tough. Facilities are good and staff is very accommodating. I would stay here again. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

Access to park off US 380 is easy. Once here, getting out can be time consuming. This is an area of rapid urbanization and street improvements have lagged. There is only one practical way out to the highway which is a signaled intersection. Traffic is typically backed up from 1/2 to 1 mile. We experienced 15 to 30 minutes delay to get to the intersection every time we went out. Allow extra time to get to places. Shopping alternatives in the area is excellent.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $50.00

Overall, Shady Creek is a very nice park. It is clean and well maintained. The common areas, such as the office and pool area, are very nice. Also, the staff is very friendly. They even had a park escort lead me to my spot and help me back in. The utility pedestals are very nice and easy to access. All the sites are gravel, but they are nicely groomed and level. Now I'll say why I only give 4 stars instead of 5. The sites are packed pretty tightly together, compared to other RV parks I've stayed at. There's not a ton of patio space, and the patio is all grass. There's no concrete pad for the patio, and there's no picnic table or anything like that. Lastly, I noticed it's very dark at night. There are no street lights or security lights. The power pedestals have lights on top, but I noticed several of them are burned out. They could use some extra lighting for safety and security. Also, be aware there are no pull-through sites, so all sites are back-in. However, I'm in a 45' motorhome and had no problem backing into the site (especially with the helpful park escort guiding me in). Overall, it's a nice park, and I would recommend it if you're staying in this area. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shady Creek RV Park & Storage

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $21.00

This park has full hook ups on all back in sites that are gravel and very narrow, we were unable to use our rug our chairs had to sit on really large gravel that was difficult to walk on. The streets are all paved and there is a pool with several amenities. We were there for a month ($625) and was required to pay a deposit of $150 which was for electric. I believe this park is very expensive with no cable and WiFi almost nonexistent most of the time. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $45.00

Not too far off main road. Check-in was easy and they guide you to your spot. All sites are gravel and back-in. The sites are pretty close and electric poles are oddly placed. Ours was very close to our neighbor, we had to back up so our cord would reach. The cord was right in front of our neighbors door. Voltage read 127V at the post, a bit high. It rained a lot during our stay and while the creek did not overflow,there was quite a bit of standing water. The park is quiet, they offer propane and the staff are very friendly. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Fifth Wheel.

Nice Kroger nearby

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $20.00

We stayed at Shady Creek for a month ($600 plus elec) and couldn't have been happier with this privately run park. The folks in the office are very nice, helpful and hardworking. Same goes for the people that are always working in and around the park. Nice dog run; very dog friendly. Nice laundry, reasonable cost. Everything is clean, the grass is always maintained. There is housing construction going on behind the park but we didn't hear any noise at all but we were a few rows from the construction. Very quiet. They had a BBQ party for everyone (free and not potluck) and it was first rate, DJ, great food, beer and drinks. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $50.00

Very well kept park. All sites are back-in. Nearly full while we were there with lots of permanent and semi permanent units. Seemingly a lot of transient construction and contractors using the park for living.. Quiet. This park is being overtaken by surrounding housing developments. Rates are on the high side, but there aren't many options if you're visiting family in the area. Lots of road construction in the surrounding area so be ready for traffic delays... No picnic tables... We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

This park is located close to Frisco. Easy in and out of park. Not to far off of the tollway. The sites are gravel and level. Full time residents evident but the sites are clean. Park is well maintained and the people checking us in were helpful and pleasant. A little pricey but choices are limited. Would rate it higher but the sites are a little close though they did have ample parking. All back ins. No pull throughs. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Fifth Wheel.

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Traffic in the area is horrible. Lots of opportunity to shop and eat out within 10 miles.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $45.00

Very nice facility, will stay there again while visiting family I the area. All sites are back in and all are gravel. Our site was not level but easily corrected. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $45.00

This was our second year visiting Shady Creek. The monthly rate increased over $150 per month. At the same time, the wifi was unusable but was upgraded in January and was much better. The dog park was flooded from construction next door and the paved roads were in need of repair. We had problems with unstable elec in our first site but was immediately moved to the new section which fixed the problem. Site flooding was an issue forcing a walk through ankle deep water to dump the tanks after a rain storm. Don't get me wrong, the park is good given the available campgrounds in the metroplex. The value, in my opinion, has suffered. No picnic table, no patio, no cable yet one of the highest priced parks in the area. Just check it out before you book. Flooding is a problem in the new section so watch out! No pull throughs. Tends to serve long term stay clients. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

New section

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $45.00

We had a reservation. They were full during our stay. Office staff was friendly. Despite the name, there is not much shade here. Asphalt roads with mostly level, gravel sites. About average distance between sites. I would not call it spacious. They recently added about 50 sites at the far south end of the park. Those new sites have more room between sites. No picnic tables at the sites. Room for parking two cars at all sites. The park is mostly permanent residents, but their sites are neat and clean. They only have 6 large capacity washers and 6 dryers. Not enough capacity for a park of this size. Nice, clean, common area with swimming pool and BBQ grill. Grass mowed regularly. The wifi is horrible. It is very slow except during the middle of the night. Some tight maneuvering on the roads. Poor drainage. Fenced dog park, but frequently wet/muddy. Water puddles around many sites and the creek floods during heavy rain. During the spring rainy season, I have seen the dog park completely under water and running water under some of the rigs parked along the creek. There are new housing developments going in behind the RV park and just north. As more concrete is poured, the flooding will get worse. Lots of nice grass for walking the dog. A big downside is having to travel on hwy-360 to get to the park. The speed limit on hwy-360 is 60mph with stop lights and numerous businesses along the road. Take your time and go slower with your RV. Propane is available on site. This is a very nice park, but I think it is poor value. They are a little over priced. There just are not many RV parks in the North Dallas area. Next time we are in the area, we will probably stay at the state park. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $50.00

Park is very neat, clean, and well maintained. The desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Park roads are paved with long level gravel pads. There are no pull thrus; however, I had no problem backing my 38' fifth wheel into the site. My site was perfectly level. There is ample parking for RV, tow vehicle, and a 3rd vehicle. All the hookups are in their proper place, are well maintained, and properly functioned. There is nice walking trail through the park, and there is also a very nice fenced dog park. The park was very quiet and peaceful during our stay. There is no cable, but there are plenty of air channels in the DFW area. The WiFi is, as with most parks, spotty and intermittent. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be back again. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Fifth Wheel.

Walmart, gas stations, medical offices and 24 hour ER, and plenty of restaurants nearby.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $46.00

We have stayed here on and off for 6 years. Spending a full year at one point. I continue to see improvements. One big problem is the WiFi, we couldn't connect. It would be a big improvement to get cable tv. Money spent on landscaping could have been spent for cable. Staff is friendly, park is clean. And thank goodness they have stopped the trash removal at 4 am. We'll be back, best park in the area. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

If you can't find something to do in Dallas, it's your fault. Plenty of good shopping and eats. Try Market Street in Frisco for your groceries. Area is growing so fast I won't even recognize it next time.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $16.00

Nightly rate based on monthly rate. Rate for one night is $45. Park is very nice. Spots are gravel, and very near level. All spots are back-in but are angled to make it easy. No patio, but lots of grass. Lots of space between between spots. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Park is well maintained, grass is mowed and trimmed every week. Lots of full timers, but all are well kept. Outside of city, so nice and quiet. We camped at Shady Creek RV Park & Storage in a Travel Trailer.

Wal Mart and lots of other shopping within 5 miles.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shady Creek RV Park & Storage

Are you affiliated with Shady Creek RV Park & Storage ?