6.2 Average

Mission RV Park

El Paso, Texas

1420 R.V. Drive
El Paso, Texas 79928

• Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Public Phone Public Phone yes
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Mission RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: December, 2019 - $39.00

This is a basic RV park. It not a resort or pretty, but it covers the basics. The roads were wide enough (Barely) to maneuver our big rig and squeeze into our pull through. Water pressure was 40lbs, 50 Amp service and sewer connection was at ground level. WiFi signal was good and internet speed good enough to slow streaming Netflix. A lot of the park is long term leasers. Some sites were a little trashy. Dual dog parks were sand but kept up. RV repair on site. This park is in an industrial area, lots of truck noise and industrial noise on top of I-10 traffic noise. Not a pretty place but it gets the job done for a short term stay. We would stay here again. We camped at Mission RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

E68

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $39.00

I stayed here many years ago and decided to try it again because of the reviews. It is the same, if not worse. Old rigs with lots of "stuff" outside. Barbed wire around the outside. Some awnings hang over the next rig's slide out. Cheap, yes. Worth it, no. Area is very marginal. Next door are shipping containers and salvage parts from wrecked trucks, etc. Personnel not friendly at all. I am going back to Las Cruces on the way home. We camped at Mission RV Park in a Motorhome.

E49

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $22.00

This is a great desert RV park. The park was clean and quiet, even though you are right near the highway, and in an industrial area. The restrooms and showers are older, but clean. The indoor pool & tub were great. It does have a lot of long term campers, but each space is well kept. We camped at Mission RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

E81

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $22.00

Was impressed with the office, staff, check in, pool, dog run, FHU, but not with the site. We were crammed in like sardines. Didn't help that the RV next to us was towing a large trailer. We had to swing far around to avoid hitting. The other side was a small trailer parked at an odd angle. We were unable to open one slide and were inches from the other side. There were other sites that appeared larger, with picnic tables. Satellite friendly, Verizon service. Perhaps in another spot we would have been okay. We camped at Mission RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mission RV Park

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $22.00

A little dusty but everything is in West Texas, This park has everything you need for overnight, a pull through site, convenient hook ups, good access from I-10 and efficient staff to check you in. If you are staying longer pool, tennis court, laundry and paved streets a really good We camped at Mission RV Park in a Motorhome.

E-87

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $22.00

Fairly close to elevated Interstate but traffic noise was minimal and not objectionable. Park was clean, staff was friendly. Note: using Passport America requires payment in cash. Space was just long enough for our coach and car trailer, no room to leave the car off the trailer. We camped at Mission RV Park in a Motorhome.

E81

El Paso, Rosa's Cantina whether you're a Marty Robbins fan or not. Have fun finding it with all the new highway construction.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $23.00

Stayed 3 nights for the Passport America rate of $23/night. We have a big rig and access is easy but needed to disconnect. Like the other said lots of highway noise along with permanent residents. We did not notice undesirable activity and felt safe. My dog liked the two all dirt dog runs. The park is dirt with very little vegetation and there is a lot of dust. Utilities worked well. Did not use wifi or cable nor the bath house. ATT cell worked well but ATT data and Verizon data were mediocre at best. Neighbor put his awning out and nearly touched my slide. $22/night for 50A FHU big rig friendly you can't beat the deal. We camped at Mission RV Park in a Motorhome.

About 5 miles up the road behind the Petro station is a tiny hole in the wall Mexican restaurant that is out of this world fabulous. Hacienda El Amigo. Parking is tight so you may need to park at the Petro. We did not stray from the main drag-WM, Sam's and the mall. Traffic in El Paso reminded me of driving in Miami, although Miami is considerably worse.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $22.00

Tight tight spaces. We saw some sites that the door would be almost under the neighbors slide. Thankfully we didn't have anyone on either side. FHU 30/50, cable. Sandy site. Some sites had a cement patio, we didn't. Backed up to a truck depot. We had a pull through, the back to back sites looked a little bigger. We paid cash on Passport America. I'd continue onto Las Cruz. We camped at Mission RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

B
Sand

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $38.00

Basic park close to I-10 (exit 35). Looks a little run down but the sites are plenty roomy for both our motorhome and tow car and everything worked fine.
Mixture of permanent residents (some with fairly old trailers,etc) as well as overnight RV guests. We camped at Mission RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $42.00

The park has a lot of permanent residents which effectively makes the wifi useless (poor signal and very heavy network volume). I wish I would have kept driving. The park is safe and clean but very noisy as it is next to a busy freeway exchange. For the price I expected more. We camped at Mission RV Park in a Tent Trailer.

E1
Quite a bit longer than my tent trailer and tow vehicle

Date of Stay: December, 2018 - $40.00

It's a cluttered looking RV park with a lot of highway noise. The cable did not work at all and wifi was marginal, it kept cutting out all the time. Next time I would look for a different place, but if you need overnight, this will do. We camped at Mission RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

E-25

They have a heated pool, which is nice...this is December. The staff was pretty friendly, easy to get on I-10

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $45.00

This park really does not deserve the 9.5 rating that Good Sam gives it. It is full of what looks to be long term folks, which is not always bad, but unfortunately most of these units are not kept up very well. From our site we have a view of big metal shipping cartons and the freeway. Our site is nothing but dirt and there are no trees. Sites are a decent size. Also quite noisy from the freeway. Very disappointed. We camped at Mission RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

E31

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $35.00

Second stay at this park. On far East side right off I-10. Level 30/50 amp pull through gravel full hook up sites. Cable and phones work well. Pool, laundry tennis etc. Guarded gate at night because in industrial area but safe. There is an RV repair facility on site but have not used. Will stay here again. We camped at Mission RV Park in a Motorhome.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $22.00

Quite a few permanent residents, still clean, lots of road noise. Full hookups and a pull thru. Good for overnighting. AT&T good, open sky for Sat dish. We camped at Mission RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

Positives: Roads and spaces were acceptable for our 40' with tow. Price was low with PPA. There are two adjoining dog runs. Water pressure was good. Negatives: For us, there was a very big one ... the cable on our site and the two adjoining ones (83, 85, & 87) was the worst we've ever had in any park listing cable as an amenity. They claim to have 25 channels, and I suspect they do on some sites, but our end of the park was pitiful. We gave up and stopped even trying to find something to watch when we discovered the OTA channels had a bunch of very clear channels. What we really wanted to watch, CNN or Fox, wouldn't even come in fussy. We just got a blank screen. When I called the office, they said try an adjacent site. I did with the same miserable results. When I called back, I was told the maintenance man was already gone and there were no complaints from any of the other sites that had checked in. Three sites with messed up cable should have caused concern, but I got the feeling I was given the standard response to their standard complaint from our end of the park. Poor cable was mentioned a number of times in the reviews. I think their cable problem was caused by "bootlegging" cable to distance sites, like ours, with a resulting signal drop. I think they need boosters to get the needed signal to the distant sites. That would explain why some reviews said good cable and some said horrible cable, i.e. sites near the signal source gets good cable and those at the ends of the runs get horrible cable. Other negatives would be the large number of permanents and the general lack of care around those sites. There was way too much dog poop on the ground for the area to be receiving any regular maintenance. They do not allow dogs in the front half of the park, where I also suspect the good cable hides. We camped at Mission RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mission RV Park

Are you affiliated with Mission RV Park ?