Sandpiper RV Resort

• Pet Area Pet Area no
  • Propane Available Propane Available no
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Sandpiper RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $50.00

Large concrete level sites. Good grassy space between sites. Awesome pool. Great location. Right off the beach and about 1.5 miles to Strand Ave and all the shops, restaurants and bars. Things to consider: Right next to the helicopter site landing pad (not a big deal for us, we were out most of the day). Bathrooms are old but clean. No dog park. Cleanliness would be a 5 but too many people do not pick up after their dogs. Definitely on the return list. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $54.00

Stayed a month during Spring Break season in Galveston TX. RV management know they've got a high demand commodity so unapologetically offer no discounts or weekly/monthly rates. Park is located right on Stewart Beach on the east end of the seawall and within easy walking/biking distance to many eateries and attractions. Right on the seawall which is a 10 mile boardwalk/bike path running the length of the city. Roads and sites are paved and level. Grass in between and OK spacing...close, but not cramped. Utilities for the back-in sites are in the rear, so extra hose/sewer might be needed. No tree obstruction so Sat signal good and they have cable with HBO! Wifi is present and OK, but drops off frequently. Very nice infinity pool with adjacent hot tub and excellent office/facility building with showers, laundry and rec room. That's the good...now the not so much: Noise. Traffic noise is constant. Also there is a tourist helicopter about 100 yards away that features 5 minute rides, taking off and landing over the park multiple times an hour. This park has many, many rules: 2 vehicles per site, no kids under 13 in spa, pick up after dog, etc...none of which are enforced. We saw children as young as 3 in the hot tub every day we were there, many of them related to or guests of park employees. Dogs crapped in the middle of the roads. The employees are surly and rude. Management is hostile and aggressive. When I asked about changing sites, I was told the sites are assigned at check-in by the computer system and they have no flexibility or ability (or care to) make changes based upon requests or preferences, despite numerous empty sites and most of the RVers here being short-termer/overnighters. If you persist, they will threaten to kick you out with a strict no refund policy. Basically, they could care less about customer service. The manager even refused to provide his name. They have you over a barrel and know it. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

Galveston and the area is full of fun and interesting things to do. Very bike-able town and you can enjoy the Victorian neighborhoods and historic architecture. Opera house and community theater; live music at many venues. Tons of very good restaurants. Excellent upscale seafood at Gaidos. Very good Mexican at Tortugas, Taquilos and Brewchachos. Johnson Space Center is 30 minutes away and you can easily spend an entire day.

Date of Stay: January, 2019 - $48.00

Stayed there in the past so we came back for 2 weeks. This stay was well below expectations. Tanks were very slow to empty due to the poor sewer system. Made our reservations 5 months in advance specifying a certain area. Three days before we were to arrive the park called to make sure the we were still coming. After driving 600 miles I went to check in and was told that the spot we had asked for was taken and if we did not like it then to go find another park to stay at. The agent behind the desk would not give me the Good Sam discount even after I reminded them. They have park rules that they do not enforce as people were allowing their dogs to roam freely and poop anywhere they wanted too. The gates were always open which allowed non park residents to travel through, one "bag lady" came through daily with all of her belongings on her tricycle, This made us secure all of our outdoor belongings, plus there are Coyotes roaming the area in the evenings. I asked to stay an extra day and was told that I would have to pack up and move to another spot by management, since I am handicapped we decided to leave and NEVER come back again. Please be careful, there are better parks in Galveston. Galveston is fun to explore with lots of good places to eat. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $50.00

Overall the park is pretty nice. Since it is within the city of Galveston, you should expect to have the city noise in the park. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sandpiper RV Resort

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $55.00

Grumpy uninformative check in person. All was quiet until the Mardi Gras people arrived. Then loud music, trucks and kids. Dogs running loose. Roaring, gas fed wood fire near our slide. Roads just outside camp ground flooded. Not their fault. Forget the wifi. It keeps dropping out. Level concrete site. Gates all open. For the price we paid for a "resort" it was very disappointing. Lots of rules but no one enforced them. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

stay away during mardi gras

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $45.00

We stayed at Sandpiper for 2 weeks and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We walked along the beach every morning and evening with our dog. The park is by far the most convenient to the beach, shops, and restaurants on Galveston Island. We had a back-in site but had water views as long as nobody was parked next to us. We will stay here again next time we are in Texas. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $70.00

We've stayed here a few times and I've reviewed this park before but am adding another review. This is a great location and the price reflects that. However, for that price I'd like the internet to work and the dumpster is overflowing. The park was full for the weekend but it's now Monday afternoon and the park is less than 25% occupied and the park internet is still down. The pads are concrete, long and level. The utilities were all good. The cable service is only fair. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

I'm a sentimental guy so I like to eat at Guido's, very enjoyable meal. We also like Benno's and eat here every time we are in Galveston, Sunday afternoon it is a ZOO so be prepared.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

very clean, well cared for park. it looks pretty new and they have wonderful facilities for plugging in. it was a breeze to get in and out. i was in a nice wide pull thru with plenty of room to spare. the pool and spa were terrific! you're a block from the beach...an ez walk. not far from the old downtown/tourist areas. i would absolutely come back here to stay. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Picnic Table, Patio

old downtown along the wharf is fun to visit. Mario's Seawall Italian is good place ...a bit overpriced perhaps, real close to RV Park

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

Nice grassy areas between sites. Sites are level. Just behind the park is the beach, its easy walking. I would not get the sites on top next to the road. They are noisy with a lot of traffic. We will visit there again. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

we2

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $72.00

Check in went fine, got a nice site (9) but it had a weak 50 amp breaker. I walked over to one of the employees and explained my problem and he took me right up to the office and got me a different site with no hassles at all. both employees were helpful and apologetic about the problem and couldnt be more helpful. It was a nice experience. Wish we could have stayed longer. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

we ate at Russos Italian across the street in a small plaza. good food and close enough to walk the parking system in Galveston is weird. ya gotta pay darn near everywhere and they want you to do it by phone. Not so sure my flip phone can do that but even if it could I cant LOL. old age is tough

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $80.00

Stayed here 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend. Site was good. Management NOT good at enforcing rules or doing a drive around to check on things. Our trashy neighbors had 2 dogs tied to the fence & very rarely at the site until evening. Took 2 phone calls to management to have owners do something about constant dogs barking. Got somewhat better but not good. Rules say 10 persons per campsite. At times they had at least 15-20 people. Swimming pool OK but our neighbors pretty much took it over & they enjoyed their LOUD boom box music. The one pool bathroom was absolutely disgusting. Other issues but enough said. You would think that they would have more staff on the grounds for a busy weekend. Not here, 1 girl in the office. This is not a place I would stay at again. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Site was good but our stay would have been more enjoyable IF management stayed on top of things. Why have rules if you don't enforce them !!

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $36.00

This is a very nice park in a great location, but I had an issue with the customer service. We are new to RVing and I forgot to ask about club discounts. The receptionist did not ask me if we were club members either when I called on the phone or checked in, nor do they have a Good Sam's sign in the office. The only way I found out was because I overheard someone asking about it when I was back in the office extending our stay. The attitude of the personnel when I complained about not getting my discount was, "Oh well, too bad for you." Everyone I met that worked there acted as though they were doing me a favor by renting me a spot The free internet did not work the three days we were there. Someone's dog pooped on the interior road near the office before we arrived and it was still there when we left. The whole experience was not very inviting. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $45.00

This is a wonderful small park next to the beach... concrete pads, good wifi. Short walk to the beach & convenient to everything in Galveston... will definitely stay here again. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $50.00

Location, location, location. This is a small, cleanpark right next to a very large public beach on the North end of Galveston Island. If you come in on the Ferry, you will drive right past the campground. Most of the campsites are within a fence and away from the road. There are some sites along the road, avoid those if you can - the traffic is noisy and constant, and you will need to access the facilities through a locked gate into the rest of the compound. Our campsite was concrete paved, the utilities were convenient. We were along the 20 foot tall retaining wall that separates the campground from the road above, and it was very quiet. Every campsite has some palm tree "shade" and lots of grass. The pool was very nice. The campground is very near to the things you want to see and do in Galveston. We really felt like we lucked out with the location. Part of our stay was during Texas Spring Break, and the fee was $60/night. Part of our stay was outside of Spring Break and the fee was $50/night. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

1B

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $45.00

Nothing wrong with this place. Good size, level pull through sites with easy access. Park is walking distance to the beach. Very well maintained. Nice infinity pool. Situated at the east end of Galveston which is the perfect spot for access to town and the Bolivar ferry. Walking distance to restaurants, or you can get delivery. Nice and quiet. Will surely return if we're in the area. 3 minute drive to East Beach to see the ships sail by. We camped at Sandpiper RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sandpiper RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Sandpiper RV Resort ?