8.5 Excellent

• Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Golf Golf yes
  • Horseshoes Horseshoes no

Ask fellow campers about "Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $30.00

Nice Park for a one night stay. Very clean. The only complaint I would have is trying to maneuver a Class A 45 foot vehicle though the provided exit. I have been driving for over ten years and found the exit to be a challenge. A shame in that it is such a nice park otherwise. We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $40.00

This is a top-notch park. After crossing the country with my work and staying in many older, rundown parks with mud and gravel, this was a real treat. Concrete pads and roads, shade trees, and friendly service make this a great place. It is conveniently located off of I-20 but far enough from the interstate that noise is not an issue. The pull-thru spaces are long and there is grass between neighbors. We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle

The nearby town of Kilgore has a great museum focused on the history of East Texas oil. The downtown is very pretty and has towering oil derricks on what was known as the richest acre in the country. (I believe that’s the correct description).

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $36.00

The sites are a bit cramped and there is a dip at the exit road but it did not cause any problem with my 32' motorhome towing a Jeep Wrangler. We really appreciated the pool and expecially the hot tub since my wife had injured her back that day. My GPS Garmin had trouble locating the address in Gladewater. The key is to exit I-20 North bound on State Highway 135 towards Gladewater. We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $25.00

We stayed at Shallow Creek RV Park for a week which accounts for the $25 per night. For the price, this park is excellent. The pool is one of the nicest we have seen at any RV park. The park is a little hard to maneuver with a big rig motorhome. I wouldn't call this a "big rig friendly" campground. As mentioned in other reviews the exit is narrow with a huge dip. We asked them to allow us to leave via the entrance. They had someone stand at the street to allow us to exit. The utilities are very good. Cable was not in HD and we found it better to use OTA channels. The WIFI at this park is FANTASTIC!! Best we have ever seen. The have a 5ghz tower than runs at 50+mbps. We will stay here again when in the area. We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort

Date of Stay: February, 2019 - $33.00

Quiet park with concrete roads and pads. Lots of rain when we stayed and roads and sites dry. We asked about the exercise room and were told only for long term residents. Lots of Permanent residents but sites all very tidy. Hot tub was enclosed out doors. Did not look inviting at all. We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Patio

Visit the East Texas Oil Museum at Kilgor. We were very impressed with the museum! Country Tavern outside of Kilgore was a great Texas stop for barbecue. No written menu; ribs,brisket and side dishes. It was all delicious with great atmosphere and service!

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $30.00

Nice park with concrete pads, good room between sites, and solid utilities. The road to exit the park is a bit tight. Wifi was decent. The only dings are that the sites are a bit unlevel front to rear. Why go to the trouble and expense of pouring concrete and not making it level. The front tires on our 40' coach were barely touching the ground when we got level and I saw several others the same way. Nice long sites with good parking. Another ding was the bugs and spiders in the pedestal. How much does it take to wipe things down occasionally? Little things make an impression. Having said all that, it is a nice park and we would stay again. We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Dont remember
Picnic Table, Patio

Sunny Open, Some Shade

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $30.00

The park is made up of all concrete pads and roads and is convenient to Longview or Tyler. Staff was very nice and the park was clean and pretty well kept. Most sites are not level, but not a major problem. On the other hand, the exit could be a problem for longer, lower rigs. We will stay here again. We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

You'll be about 15 minutes from The Country Tavern. Treat yourself to some of the best BBQ ribs in Texas.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $22.00

We have family near by and have stayed several places and Shallow Creek is by far the nicest in the area. Like the extra pavement with each site, makes it easy to park our dually. We travel fulltime and this pool is the nicest we've seen ... great design, placement, details and construction. If we had a home this is the pool we would want ! And the staff is helpful and friendly. We have already made our fall reservations ! We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass
Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $30.00

All office personnel and groundskeeper were very friendly and helpful. Park was clean and quite. Building a golf course next to park for those who golf. Roads and pads are concrete. Lots of grass next to site with a picnic table. Shade trees on each site. We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Was a central location to Gilmer, Daingerfield, & Linden to visit with family. Craft mall in Gladewater.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $33.00

The sites are concrete and level with 10 or 12 feet between sites. The Park was clean and well maintained. Bathrooms were not perfectly clean but ok. Small store with a few things including ice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Not too bad of a drive to Longview and a bit further to Tyler. Like most parks, the WiFi was pretty lame but occasionally usable. Cable tv worked well. The exit road seemed narrow and steep with a pretty good low spot in the middle. I didn't drag anything with our 35' 5th wheel but was cautious. We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $29.00

Very nice park, staff was very nice and helpful. Hot tub and small pool which isn't open yet but looks to be very soon. we did not use their wifi as we have our own. Large level concrete sites, we stayed here in a fifth wheel while meeting up with several friends. The only down side to me would be that the park isn't close to anything. it is only 1.5 miles from interstate 20. I don't like to drive 10 miles or more to eat out or go to Walmart. We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

site 41

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $30.00

Shallow Creek R.V. Resort, Gladewater, Texas. $29.70. This R.V. park is about 1.5 miles off of I-20 and is easily accessible. The park is very nice with lots of amenities (Pool, hot tub, small water park, gym, golf). The restroom/showers were clean and private. The park is very well maintained with a full time staff. Cable TV and WiFi were outstanding; a speed test on the WiFi delivered download speeds of 28Mbps, best I've seen at an R.V. park. Sites are large and paved with a paved patio and a small strip of grass; hookups are in excellent condition. We were in site 45 which was long enough for a unhooked toad. We only stayed one night, but I could easily spend more time in this R.V. park. We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $30.00

We have stopped here many times for short stays. The staff could not be nicer. The transient sites are fairly level. The entire park is concrete which is very nice for walking. The golf course is under renovation so there is a bit of noise, but it is not bothersome. We exited in a 42 ft. motorhome with a tow and did not scrape, you just have to go slowly. We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Center Section

The town of Gladewater is fun for shopping and there are several nice restaurants. Our favorite is Tumbleweeds. In nearby Kilgore the East Texas Oil Museum on the grounds of Kilgore College is a must visit!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $35.00

Park is OK for overnight not much more. Lots of permanent trailers. Hot tub and small pool. Steep exit but we didn't have a problem. We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $30.00

Overall got much more than expected, especially for the price - was actually surprised at how nice it was. Bathroom facilities were great (4 or 5 uni-sex bathrooms, each with vanity, shower and toilet) - very big and clean. Pool was in excellent shape. My mark-down is due to entrance/exit (exit is horrible for an RV) and unlevel sites. My tow car requires an 8" drop hitch - I slightly dragged going in entrance and didn't even try to use exit with RV - I had to drive out the Entrance or I would have significantly damaged RV rear frame & hitch. LOTS of damage to exit pavement from RVs dragging. Roads and sites in great shape, all concrete, but sites very un-level. My site required 2" blocks under both front levelers, 2" under driver tire and 4" under passenger tire. I saw quite a few RVs with both front wheels off the ground (yikes). A number of trailers with front right jacked way up and rear left just a few inches above ground-level. But the sites were very long, and neighbors close but not too close; however with the angle of sites it wasn't bad. We camped at Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Lots to do in area - Longview and Tyler both within close drive. Recommend the East Texas Oil Museum near Longview (http://www.easttexasoilmuseum.com) and American Freedom Museum (http://www.americanfreedommuseum.org) near Tyler!

Featured Campgrounds Near Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Shallow Creek Golf & RV Resort ?