8.7 Excellent

Katy Lake RV Resort

Katy, Texas

20222 Morton Rd
Katy, Texas 77449

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store no
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground no
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Gym/Workout Facilities Gym/Workout Facilities yes

Ask fellow campers about "Katy Lake RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $39.00

This is one of the nicest RV parks that we have stayed at. The cost was reasonable and the people were nice. They have not one but two ice machines. The two ice machines may not seem like a big deal but I personally really appreciate free ice on demand. So far out of 40+ rv parks that we have stayed at in the last year, yes year, only 3 have had ice machines. RV parks if I stay at a motel 6 they have a ice machine, why is this so hard for rv parks to do???? Some of the other nice things are actual working WiFi that is equal to what you would get at home. Also you are allowed to wash your vehicles, my truck and trailer really needed it. I do not like using the wash services as they use a power washer that is very hard on your vehicles. Mondays they have a drawing for a free pizza. For more information check out their calendar. On Saturday mornings at 8:00am they have free donuts and coffee in the activity center, actually they always have free coffee. We were there during thunderstorms and felt that the chances of being flooded were rare. There were some sites that had water puddle in them mostly along the west side of the lake. Hopefully the resort will correct the drainage issues. We decided to barbeque using the barbeques next to the pool. After having trouble lighting either one I was finally able to get one lit but it was very slow to heat so I just gave up on it. While these are nice barbeques they need some maintenance done on them. I reported this to the office and they said they would have someone look it it. When we travel through this area again we will definitely stop in. If you are in the area you will not be disappointed. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass
Picnic Table, Patio

There is fishing, catch and release, in the lake. THe office has poles. We had breakfast at Snappy's Cafe. The food was excellent. It's a bit of a drive across town. There is also a Black Bear Diner located in town.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $45.00

First space assigned was full of water and unusable. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $35.00

My low ratings for this review are driven solely by the terrible pet situation around as much of the park that I attempted to walk my pet. The grass everywhere is covered in cockleburrs, and it was impossible to let out Yorkie off the paved areas without her getting covered in them. Every time I took her out, it would take 30 minutes of picking them out of her fur when I got back to the campsite. I discussed this issue with the park manager, and she acknowledged them, but said she didn't know what to do. Not a pet friendly place at the moment. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $22.00

We stay here on a monthly basis, at $655.00 plus electrical. Nice park within suburb of Houston. The back in sites at the lake are tight to get into. Great customer service at the office. We've stayed here the past 4 years while visiting friends and going to doctors in the area. There's a lot of traffic all around the area, but, again, it's the Houston area. There are a lot of dogs and a lot of full timers here ( mostly in the rear) The rear where the full timers are is getting to look a little 'junkie'. Management needs to make sure their rules are followed. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Katy Lake RV Resort

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $40.00

Tricky to find; long driveway alongside storage facility. Our camp packet was at the coded entry (office is closed on Sundays). Lots of residents, but nice resort feel with walking path around the central lake; rocking chairs next to gas fire pit is a nice touch behind clubhouse/laundry. Sites are level. Even though ours was pull-through, we still had to disconnect toad. We'd stay here again. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Convenient to Katy shopping, and to Houston attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $29.00

Full hookups, AT&T good, open sky for satellite. Parked on concrete. Better signage from street is needed, very nice staff, nice lake too. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $49.00

A lot of full time residents. Although the park was paved, the maneuvering area is tight ... this is because most sites are 90 degree backins, so jackknifing was necessary. There is a nice area to walk around the centrally located man made pond/lake. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $42.00

Just an overnight stay. Not far off I-10 and fairly convenient to Houston, this park is knocking it outta the park for layout. Roads are concrete, wide and in great condition as are the pads & patios. Between sites is about 10' of well kept grass. Utilities are smartly placed towards the rear and are in good condition. No shade available but there is a nice lake with a sidewalk around it, and pool w/ gas grills, lounge, and more. The staff called me 48 hrs in advance to advise me they would charge my credit card and informed me of procedure to enter the park and find my space. Everything is clean and nice. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Picnic Table, Patio

Walmarts to the north and south. Good restaurants in the area too.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $28.00

This is a well maintained fairly new Resort with helpful staff at check in. All interior roads are paved and big rig access is good, apart from the entrance and exit which seemed a little tight. The level pads are also paved and are a good length and width for most large motor homes. There was plenty of space for our towed but not a lot of privacy between sites and no trees anywhere, which would have been nice in the heat of the day, there was a small picnic table but no barbecue. No view except the other RV's, and all were tidy and neat. We were here just for an overnighter so did not use any of the facilities. There is a security gate 24/7 which we liked and the Resort was very quiet at night, it's pet friendly with a lovely dog park. We would stay here again it's very handy for the freeway easy on and off, and the PA price was great. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $41.00

Concrete streets and site that was fairly level. The normal rate is $59, with the Good Sam discount and a $9 manager discount, for some reason, it was a decent price for an overnight stay. The grounds are nice and the dog area is super nice! There's a dog wash set up and HUGE area for the dogs to play in or in our dog's way, sniff about. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $25.00

We stayed for one month. Easy access to the park if you are transiting east or west on I-10 Great wifi for $1.00/day. If you have a toad there is access to freeways close by for exploration. This is a proper RV park. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Picnic Table, Patio

All big box stores are there in addition to great food choices. The park is so far from the road that you think you are in the country, albeit no trees. The staff know their business.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $42.00

This is a premier resort in the southwest section of Houston convenient to I-10 but there is nothing convenient about driving on I-10. Before I get started, let me just say I hate everything about driving in and around Houston with or without the rig in tow. Ok...Now the resort. The drive in from I-10 on Frye to Morton is not bad and well laid out. Our GPS did advise that the resort was on the opposite side of the road but hey, we used our eyes and have been here before. The front office staff are very friendly, efficient, and professional. They readily moved us to a back-in on the lake rather than a pull-thru as this is what we prefer. All of the sites around the lake are back-in and are 45 feet deep with a half-spot on the side for the two vehicle. They are adamant that you not hang over the grass and that your nose is behind the fire lane line. No worries, they were nice about it. The sites are roomy enough but not spacious. There are NO TREES at all in the park...it is a concrete paved parking lot with a bit of grass on the utility side. They just recently installed about 25 awnings to offer covered sites. These would be VERY nice in July when it is stinking hot here. Good power, free cable, water ok but pressure a bit low. Nice dog park and dog wash area. Nice 1000 step walk around the lake which also offers catch-n-release fishing. Very nice pool and exercise area. Community gas grills and one of those gas operated burning gravel deals that you can sit by. Sites on the back side of the lake have a better setback from the sidewalk around the lake. All in all a very nice, clean, well-run RV park in a very urban environment. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Eat, drink, be merry. Avoid the roads during rush hour which is 0600-1000 and 1500-1900. Really! No fun at all. We were here for client visits and cousin visits so did not do any sight-seeing.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $26.00

We had a nice site on the water. Cement pad was level and hookups worked well. Nice walk around the lake for the dogs. Check in was very friendly. Not many trees so probably pretty hot in the summer. Has a fire pit and nice gas grills for anyone to use. Pool seemed very clean. Looked like there was a nice pool table in the rec. center. Would definitely stay again. Price reflects P.A. discount. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Other

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $42.00

Talk about welcoming! We got a call in the morning we were to arrive just to make sure that we had all the information we needed and would not need after hours instructions. The people in the office were very friendly. This is a very nice park. We just stayed 3 nights. This park is in a very suburban area. All the chain restaurants and stores are nearby. There is a "lake"--OK a pond. The WiFi is free and worked very well. Easy access from I-10, wide open entry into park, large pull-through concrete site with full hookups. The park very neat and clean. Laundry facilities are good and the machines take credit cards so you don't need quarters. Hookups were good and everything worked well. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Quite a bit longer than my travel trailer and tow vehicle
Patio

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $26.00

Excellent park. Not exactly right off the interstate but close enough for easy access. Cement pads long enough for 40 ft fifth wheel and truck. Good water pressure and power. Definitely stopping here again. We camped at Katy Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Katy Lake RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Katy Lake RV Resort ?