8.5 Excellent

• Pull-thru Sites Pull-thru Sites no
  • Full Hookup Full Hookup no
  • Sewer Sewer no
  • WiFi WiFi ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Playground Playground no
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Beach Beach yes

Ask fellow campers about "River Road Camp" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $65.00

We stay every 4th of July for a week and float the river..great place to relax and enjoy friends and family. We camped at River Road Camp in a Travel Trailer.

Greune is nearby for food and shopping... lots of outdoor activities in New Braunfels.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $42.00

I will return to this park. This was our first time here to stay at this park. I'm always a little apprehensive about new places as to whether or not they can accommodate a big motorhome, 40-45 rig. I have found that park owners (Some) will say just about anything to get you to stay there at their place. What's important to me is no tree limbs and branches coming in contact with my coach paint and a level site. Upon making a reservation at this park I was told that big rigs come here all the time and that the 2 sites that I reserved (sites 24 and 25) had 50 amp. Beautiful drive down river road this time of year, with limited traffic. Not the crazy summer crowds around that are drawn to the river for partying and tubing. When we did show up at the main gate for check in, I always park the coach out of they way (if I can) so that I can either walk in to see where the park office is going to put me or I disconnect the toad and drive in so that I can check it out. I can't tell you how many times that I've driven right into the campground to the camp site and found that the site is nothing like they had described and I get trapped in the park and have to back out. So, we arrive at this park and ask if we can walk in to check it out and they said yes. We walk to our sites 24 and 25 and find that they do not have 50 amp only 30 and 20. I wasn't to happy about that but the sites were right on the river so we decided to stay. I don't know about the rest of the park but our coaches had no problem getting to our sites. Beautiful setting, on the river, bulkheaded with steps into the river, Only water and electric at the sites. Dumpstation is up away from river. Turns out the park only has 5 sites with 50 amp. Not really abig deal this time of year. We will stay here again.... We camped at River Road Camp in a Motorhome.

24 and 25
Gravel, Grass

Gruene Hall and Landa Park close by

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $40.00

I like this campground. It is nice during the week. The weekends always are crowded so we try to avoid those days. If you have a large trailer some of the sites at the end are very hard to manuver into and out. Bring an extension cord/water hose, as if you back your trailer into site, the hookups are at the front. Camp Hosts are friendly and helpful. Good place to stay on the river. We camped at River Road Camp in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $40.00

This was our first time camping along the Guadelupe River. In this park, most of the sites are right on the river - terrific view! Most of the sites have shade and are level. The staff are friendly. For kids, there is not much to do at this park other than float in the river, however, Canyon Lake is close and San Antonio and some state parks are less than an hour away. There is also a camp store, which came in handy. The sites are not too close together, but most of the even numbered sites do not have the electric/water hook-ups on the right side. This means you need an extension cord for power and another hose - and you have these hoses/cords all over the campsite. Luckily, we were able to borrow one from the office, since we didn't have any. We stayed over Labor Day weekend, and there were a lot of families, but also people who really wanted to party (loud music until late). Guess this is to be expected on a holiday weekend. There are no full hook-ups and only one dump station, so make sure you leave early on the day you head out. We camped at River Road Camp in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near River Road Camp

Date of Stay: March, 2010 - $32.00

We have been camping on the Guadalupe River for 30 years and have camped here for the past 13. We wanted a more family oriented campground when our kids began bringing our grand kids camping. We love this campground. It is the best location on the river. Almost half the sites are directly on the river and the rest are right across the camp road from it. From one end to the other the camp has rapids, slower deep water, and a wonderful natural gravel beach area for family fun with small children. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful beyond what should be expected. The camp is kept clean and the bathrooms are cleaned at least twice daily. Loud, rowdy campers are warned, then sent packing if they can not maintain a decent manner and the quiet time of 10 p.m. is enforced. There is a small store right next door and also an outfitter so all the basics are in walking distance. We would not stay anywhere else, nor would our kids and all the many friends who have camped with us over the years. They have a good number of tent sites with electricity and the bulk of the sites have both water and electricity. Dogs under 15 pounds are allowed in campers but no dogs are allowed in tents. The only negative is that they have such a steady clientele it is hard to get a weekend reservation during the summer. Fourth generations of families are still camping here. They must be doing something right. We camped at River Road Camp in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $35.00

The people at River Road Camp were very nice and everything was very clean. They had many sites right on the river. We had a GREAT experience at this campground. I would highly recommend staying there. We camped at River Road Camp in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near River Road Camp

Are you affiliated with River Road Camp ?