4.8 Average

Shady Oaks RV Park

Wimberley, Texas

5651 FM 2325
Wimberley, Texas 78676

• Cabins / Cottages / Yurts Cabins / Cottages / Yurts ?
  • Dump Station Dump Station ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot ?
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?
  • Showers Showers ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities ?
  • Camp Store Camp Store ?
  • Pet Area Pet Area ?
  • Propane Available Propane Available ?
  • Cafe / Snack Bar Cafe / Snack Bar ?
  • Firewood Available Firewood Available ?
  • Picnic Shelter Picnic Shelter ?
  • Playground Playground ?
  • Rec Room Rec Room ?
  • Fishing Fishing ?
  • Beach Beach ?
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Shady Oaks RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $38.00

We ran into tire problems getting here, so we didn't arrive until after midnight. Thank goodness there was someone to show us to our spot! The next morning an employee came around to make sure everything was OK.

All the employees were nice, but the long-termers seem to think they own the place. One man revved his loud bike up and was going in and out of the park, seemingly for hours. I don't know if he was trying to repair it, but it was hard to sleep in after a stressful day & night.

The dog area was nice. The lots were near each other. We didn't use any of the other facilities. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $37.00

We will not stay here again. Not many places to stay in Wimberley that are big rig friendly, but will go to Dripping Springs or Johnson City. We were given 2 different prices based on which owner is there (father or son). They are way over priced as there are no amenities or discounts given. The internet is very unpredictable and very slow. No cable TV and many of the sites that are available are extremely unlevel. Three to four levelers needed in some cases. 90% of the sites are permanent trailers. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2011 - $30.00

This place has made some improvements since my last visit. The RVs that looked like they would never leave have been removed. It's a small, but clean and quiet RV park. There is room between the sites, and there are plenty of trees. It's a no frills park, but quite nice. The river is within walking distance and provides a nice swim and play area in the rapids. Most of our time was spent swimming or in town. Blue Hole has been improved and is a lot of fun. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $40.00

This started off a truly nice place, with landscaping that has grown nicely. They've added a bar and used to serve food, but not sure now. In the time since we lived here and last used it when we didn't, it has grown seedy. Lots of junky full-timers and people that stay for weeks at a time and leave junk outside their trailers. It looks terrible once you look past the landscaping. The best, prettiest sites are in back, where the junky trailers, old motorhomes, etc. are. The owner rents to people: single moms with kids, construction workers, you name it. Without being an out and out snob, I have to say that this place gives my husband and I creeps and WE are in an older but nice travel trailer. It's the ambience that lacks class. I WOULD NOT recommend this place to anyone wanting peace, quiet and a nice place to stay. It is noisy, cars and trucks coming and going, and music played loud enough to hear it in my trailer with windows shut. Avoid like the plague! We camped at Shady Oaks RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shady Oaks RV Park

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $35.00

The previous reviews are very accurate. I stayed here because it was near the dance hall for the wedding we attended. We used this place as a place to sleep, not camp. Our nightly sleep was no issues with noise or the bar/office. I ranked it midway only because it wasn't bad as I knew what we had to work with. On my next visit to WImberley I will stay somewhere else. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2009 - $30.00

Full disclosure, I didn't stay here. Within a few minutes of being here, I got my money back and left. First, the tiny pictures on the website are very misleading, in my opinion. After reviewing the website, we were excited about visiting. The grounds didn't seem to reflect the website very well at all. We arrived around 4pm. The office/bar was already packed and from what I could tell everyone was already drunk. The little store was almost without any items, except a few candy bars. Initially, I ignored this since I was planning on staying in the RV and pool the entire weekend. All the available sites were "sunbather" sites with the addition of skinny little trees that didn't provide any shade. The pull-thrus were long, but uneven in all directions. After parking, I discovered that they don't currently have a pool. The nice looking picture on the website (along with the text "POOL NOW OPEN") was inaccurate. They admitted that the pool was a cheap above-ground and that the liner needed replacing. They further admitted that the website had not been updated in about 4 years. If I were just looking for a place to sleep, I might have stayed. But with 3 kids, I was looking to relax at the camp-grounds in the pool. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2009 - $32.00

Very disappointed in this camp site. Pull thrus uneven, nothing like the website shows. No grocery store, no restaurant, no swimming pool. Very poorly kept. The "wildlife" feeding is not part of their site. There is a wildlife game preserve behind them and if you spot wildlife you're lucky. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2008 - $30.00

The best way I can describe this park is "funky." The office is a bar, and the campground's best (shady) spots are taken by the long term residents. That said, the gravel sites are very long (one campground directory lists them as 100 feet and I don't doubt it). They aren't level, though, the campground having somewhat of a downhill slope to it, so some leveling blocks will likely be needed. We chose this campground as it has bathrooms available - but that's only one (toilet & sink) each for men & women. Shower rooms were locked while we were there, and given the look of the main "building" we were happy to use our own! The owner/manager was pleasant, but not especially outgoing. The store was poorly stocked and some of the juices were too old. Watch out for the sand burrs in the grass areas. Good points: we liked the rural location, and since it was a slow weekend in the bar, the campground was quiet. Long term campers don't have a lot of old junk stashed around their rigs. Shady Oaks made a good base camp for touring the area, and since we weren't spending time in the campground it was fine. We felt safe spending nights there. The free (and fast-connection) Wi-fi was a definite plus! We camped at Shady Oaks RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2008 - $30.00

Nice quiet and clean park located off of FM2325 only about 3 miles to downtown Wimberley. Concrete pad sites with nice picnic tables. Close proximity to Blanco, Dripping Springs and surrounding towns. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Shady Oaks RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shady Oaks RV Park

Are you affiliated with Shady Oaks RV Park ?