Pony Express RV Resort

1012 Recreation Way
North Salt Lake, Utah 84054

• Tent Camping Tent Camping no
  • Dump Station Dump Station no
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?
  • Clubhouse Clubhouse yes
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Biking Biking yes

Ask fellow campers about "Pony Express RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $52.00

We were looking for a layover stop in this area on our recent trip. This place fit the bill quite well. Check-in was smooth, staff were very pleasant and we even got cookies when we checked in. Site is right off the freeway but the sounds were not noticeable. Enjoyed our overnight stay here. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $55.00

Paved roads and sites. Not a lot of shade. If you're a big rig ask for (and pay for) the biggest sites. Other sites are a bit to short for big rigs with toads. Narrow pads and you may want to disconnect your coach before pulling in and park your car in front of your RV so you can keep your RV toward the back of the site which is closer to the sewer connection. WiFi is good. Now a part of Sun RV resorts but service doesn't seem to have changed from the original owners. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Picnic Table, Patio

A lot to see and do in Salt Lake and the surrounding area, starting with Temple Square and the State Capitol. Nice trolley service downtown and its only about a 15 minute drive from the park. This year we went to Golden Spike National Historic Site one day (about90 miles one way) and Bonneville Salt Flats (about 100 miles one way), so they are long drives but very interesting.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $55.00

Nice park and convenient to venues in Salt Lake City and Ogden. A little noisy because it is right next to I215. Poor standard Wi-Fi. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

C-11

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $76.00

Very clean park with level sites. Right next to RV store for parts - super helpful. Easy access to the highway but quiet. The pool and the rec areas were clean and my kids enjoyed it. Only 2 drawbacks - the sprinklers would go off every night, soaking the passenger side of the tow vehicle. We had no place else to park it, so we got used to cleaning off water spots every morning just to see out the windows. Also, the road design is odd - the streets are one way with concrete blocks on one end, such that you have to drive the wrong way or back all the way down the row to reach your RV. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Pony Express RV Resort

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $55.00

A very nice RV park conveniently located in Salt Lake City just off the freeway. The easy access to I-215 makes it easy to get around the area. The sites in the park are mostly pull through. Each site has a concrete pad for parking with a small grass area with a picnic table. The park has multiple restrooms and showers located around the park, a clubhouse and a nice small pool area. The wifi worked decently and the staff was very nice during our check in. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

B-28

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $41.00

This RV park had the potential to be a 10...level cement pads with patios and picnic tables, pull-thru, FHU-50 amp, cable, wifi, pool. But the owners/builders squished way too many sites into this park and the reservation people do not understand sizes needed for the rigs. Big Rigs...verify you have an Executive Site (75-77') or a Premium Site (66'). The problem is that those are the nicest, widest, and longest sites and anyone can reserve them so we saw many very small rigs in these sites also. Reservations assigned us a site much too small for us and by the time we arrived and realized the problem all the larger sites were reserved. It was only by the Grace of God that we got into our site without damage and, even then, barely had room for our slides. Our truck had to be parked quite a distance away. We had to be in this area for a few days or we would have left when we saw the size we had been assigned. Don't be fooled by the names "Deluxe Plus" and "Deluxe"...these are small and squished together. Also, park has a lot of road noise as it is surrounded by freeways. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Small Deluxe Plus
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Obstacles

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $51.00

Nice RV park on the north side of Salt Lake. Registration was easy, and staff is friendly and helpful. Interior roads in good shape and easily navigable. Pad was concrete, and plenty long for our 38' coach plus toad, so we did not have to detach the toad. Spacing was average. Utilities were good, as was WiFi. Our space, B-39 was pen to sky so satellite friendly. Small fenced dog park for small dogs. Did not try cable TV or showers/bathrooms. Sites at the western edge near I-215 will be noisy as I-215 is busy. Some road construction on S. Redwood Road but was not a problem for us. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

B-39

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $43.00

I don't get the other reviews. I was in (I think) the biggest/best sites - Deluxe plus sites. The sites are SMALL. I had my left slide 6 inches from neighbor. I hung over the front and back street edge by about 6 inches also. On the right where the TV parking spot is located, I had 6-8 inches from my mirror to the slide and the right side had about 12 inches to the neighbors slide on the right. Also, the street in front had no entrance/exit on the entrance end so in order to hook up upon leaving you have to back up the street about 100 yards (I was almost on the end). The park is really nice and clean otherwise. Easy to get to temple area and down town. 4 miles to the right out the park and then 2.5 miles to the left. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

c4

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $54.00

Very nice park. The space was a pull through long enough for both the motorhome and tow vehicle. All paved with concrete sites, surrounded by grass. Good power, but the sewer connection was located way in the back of the slot. I had to reposition the unit to the back of the space because I did not have enough hose otherwise. There is a great walking/biking path along the Jordan river right next to the park. The mountain views were great. Did I mention the wonderful cookie at check-in? Worth the price of admission right there. Plenty of things to do in Salt Lake City. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $38.00

Good clean park with easy access to all Salt Lake City areas of interest. We stayed in what they call an "Executive Site" that I think provides a bit more space and is longer so it easily accommodated our 45' MotorHome. The roads are paved and easy to navigate, the sites are concrete with plenty of room for your car. Our AT&T and Verizon signals were just 2 bars but the campground had adequate WiFi capability that tested at about 1.8mbps for download speeds. The 50 amp power worked perfectly and the water pressure was good. Cable TV was included and got good reception with about 40 channels. The only negative I have with the utilities was the location of the sewer connection. It is located at the extreme back of the pull through site, instead of in the proximity of the electric, cable and water. I had to park with our rear end close to the road - and still use a sewer hose extension. It's a minor inconvenience. Nice park and we will stay again when we return to SLC. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

B-3

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $35.00

Planned for only 6 days, but the weekly rate was cheaper so stayed extra, then got stuck behind a late spring snow storm to the east for 2 extra days! Great wifi, very clean grounds and facilities, room to park the truck next to the camper with a strip of grass for the cat to explore. Park is on the paved bike trail that goes about 25 miles north on a rail bed to Ogden and 25 miles south along the Jordan River to SLC/Provo. Five washer/dryer pairs in the clubhouse with a pool table, cable TV, Foosball, and hot coffee. No fire rings. Next to a busy highway, but so many are. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

B28

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $37.00

Nice clean park. Large sites. Quiet. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $47.00

We are halfway through a month long stay here. We have found this to be a well managed and cared for RV park. As others have said, it is not a quiet rural location. You'll hear traffic and airport noise. We did not find it annoying or bothersome. The Park's road are well paved and wide making navigation easy. We had a premium pull thru and we're glad we did. It fit our truck on the parking pad and our 43' tour hauler and both motorcycles with ease. WiFi was OK but we upgraded to the premium service dues to telecommuting work needs. There is a full array of stores just to the north plus a Flying J. We'll be back when in this area. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

B16
Picnic Table, Patio

Beer fans should check out Kiitos Brewery in SLC. Top notch!

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $43.00

We stayed four nights. First, this is your basic parking lot of RVs and you are definitely close together. We got a Deluxe space and I'm glad we did - most of these sites both had a cut-out space for your car, but also every site had a mature tree on it which provided shade. The less expensive spots mostly didn't have the trees which in the sun and heat are more prized than even the parking spaces! Otherwise, they have some resort features - a pool and nice kids' area, but really nothing else. You're off the freeway and there's a bunch of noise, especially if you're in the cheap seats. Due to the fall slump, there was a nice discount offered, and I would be very unhappy paying much more than what we spent. The main good thing was that you're very close to downtown Salt Lake City, and not far from I-84, so the location, even if mostly industrial, is workable. The bathrooms were generously sized and with decent water pressure, but the hooks were rather far away, rending it a bit awkward for showering. Not a big deal, of course, just a quirk. We might stay here again, but it's a pricey place for sure. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

C8

Temple Square is definitely worthwhile. Whether or not you are LDS (Latter Day Saint or Mormon), it's part of our history of the Western part of the country. Plus, check out the Family History Library across the street. Even if you're not into Genealogy, it's great fun for the whole family. Nice open air mall right by the Square for eating and drinking. Also, the Bonneville Salt Flats - yes, it's 120 miles west of the city, but at 80 mph, it goes fast.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $52.00

Except for the cost, I think this was an excellent RV PK. This is the third time we have stayed here. It is close to the interstate, level paved site, FHUs w/ wifi and cable, grass between sites, very neat and well maintained. We did not use pool, their bathrooms or shower. The interior roads were very easy to navigate with our 40' mh w/toad. There is road construction on that exit but there are traffic lights. We camped at Pony Express RV Resort in a Motorhome.

B-39

Featured Campgrounds Near Pony Express RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Pony Express RV Resort ?