Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA

• Recreational Trails Recreational Trails yes
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2019 - $50.00

Upon arrival we were told they had placed another camper on our site and could not move them that night, so placed us on a small 30 amp site for a night, then upgraded us to patio site for our last two nights. They worked hard to make us happy, but is was quite inconvenient to make the extra move. Campground is clean, quiet and well kept. We explored Skyline Drive. We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $55.00

Beautiful park with a wonderful staff! You can order pizza from their store, go swimming in their pool, or play disc golf. Will always return! We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $100.00

We stayed 2 nights over the Labor Day weekend and loved our experience. From the greeters to the escort to the Front desk team...top notch and enthusiastic service! We booked many months in advance to get one of the 3 deluxe patio sites...we loved the wood deck, table, fire pit and very clean Weber grill! Roads are gravel, but well maintained. This is one of the most well-run KOAs we have stayed at. Daily garbage pick up, delivery of firewood and even pizza to your site. The setting is 100% what we love...right in the middle of the forest...and we even had perfect Satellite reception! We were not expecting satellite due to the setting...so bonus! We travel with two Labradoodles who love to chase the ball...in addition to a small fenced in area, they have an amazing off leash area where the dogs could run and play. We did not see any other class A coaches, but we had zero issues with the 4 mile road or navigating the turns in the park...just take it slow! Our site was 67. We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2019 - $47.00

Road in is about 4 miles and windy with no berm. It looks worse than it is. Found it was not really a problem. There were many big rigs in the camp. Wifi is very fast 15 up 12 down. FHU's on my site were a bit further away and I needed the extra water hose. Good Verizon signal. Sites level, gravel. Very scenic campground and well maintained. Small dog park, and they have a dog wash here. They have park cable. Usual KOA, pool, game room. Small restaurant on site, will deliver to your site. Staff was friendly and helpful. Had escort to site. With the amount of trees in the park satellite reception would not be expected. Very nice campground, would stay here again. We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA

Date of Stay: August, 2019 - $50.00

This campground is not near Harrisonburg or Shenandoah Valley but Broadway, VA. It was quite a ride out to the campground which was beautiful country and on a small country road. The campground itself is covered in trees but is laid out pretty well and the sights are spacious with room between campers. Of course there was no satellite signal and the 26 channel advertised cable only had 6 channels. It was not an issue as we were only there for one night. We don't have kids but they do have a nice playground. The only issue I had was the free roaming chickens and ducks which my dogs were fascinated with but, there is no one cleaning up after them like I clean up after my dogs. We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $56.00

My family and I just spent 6 days here. The new owners have been very busy since purchasing the camp ground last fall. The minute we pulled in we noticed how clean and neat it was. Every staff member we came in contact with was awesome and they all seemed to enjoy working there. Of course, the owners are amazing as well and they love what they do. We could not have had a better site. I requested site 32 when I made the reservations and they were able to accommodate me. It is one of their most requested sites. Like always, the pool, and bath house were always clean. Many improvements have been made and many more are on the way. This camp ground will be our go to camp ground for long weekends. The pull thru sites behind the office can accommodate the biggest RV's. There were several huge coaches there when we were there and they had plenty of room. We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2019 - $47.00

We arrived after 5 pm and found our reservation hanging in an enclosed porch, ice to get out of the rain while looking over the map and the way to our parking spot. Our site was back in that a little tight to back into given the road width but not too bad. We had about a 10 foot swatch of woods between us and the next site for some privacy. This would be great when the leaves come out. There are 2 sewer hookups placed at different spots on the site to make it easier to hook up and not drag your sewer hose for 1/2 mile. The connections for sewer, electric, water, and cable are in the open. We have been to some camp sites where the connections were buried in dirt piles and brush. We loved the large stone fire ring, nice touch for camping on the side of mountain. Our site had several large boulders that added to camping experience. They were not in the way and as a I stated just added to the camping experience. many sites had large boulders and yet like our site were basically level. WiFi was strong and surprisingly fast. If you get connected and but cannot get online then remove the network and re-add it. There are WiFi antennas placed all over the park for better reception, not many parks do this. The restrooms and showers were sparkly clean when we went into them. The store was out some basic staples like milk and eggs, one thing a campground should always have. There were grills being built by the indoor dining tables. I do believe they were ramping up for the season. Some of the shelves were bare however the prices on the things they had are of decent price. There are tons of things here for the kids to including fishing and a large playground. There is a decent size pool but again it is off season and it was covered. They have a large laundry room with books and a wide range of DVDs that you can use for those rainy days. A very nice place where we would stay again. We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Travel Trailer.

This campground is within an hour drive of 5 cavern tours that are all worth the money. The Skyline road is not too far and a must do. there are also several earth caches here also right in the parking areas. There are also Earth and Virtual caches along the trials. We cached along the Massanutten ridge line for a nice hike, beautiful views and quite a few caches. There are some nice caches in Broadway. WildernessBen who actually saw us caching through town and came out to say hello.

Date of Stay: March, 2019 - $47.00

Folks were commenting on the long winding road in, 4 miles. I had no problem navigating in or out. What was waiting at the end was the quietest park we have stayed in. Nice break from the restaurant we stayed in the night before. Met the new owner and she explained what they were working on this year. We plan on coming back when we are in the area as this park just let's you relax. We called to get a sight just after the office closed. We were able to register on line while traveling. Upon arrival we found our name on a map of the campground, very inviting, and a call back as we got to our site. We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $60.00

Good KOA, lots of activities. Side of a mountain, so sites need a little leveling and cell service is sketchy.... to be expected, by the side of a mountain. We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Motorhome.

Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $66.00

My family and I stayed 3 nights in a fifth wheel. Our site was spacious, level and mostly shaded. The only reason why I did not rate it higher is because none of the camp sites had been mowed or have been touched by a weedeater for several days. I understand they had quite a bit of rain but the entire time we were there I never heard a mower. I had to place a big rock on top of my sewer hose to keep it in the sewer pipe. The camp ground was just sold the week prior to our stay so I'm sure there are some transition issues going on. The facilities were clean especially the laundry, showers and bathrooms. I also spoke briefly to the new owner and they are in the process of upgrading the wifi service throughout the entire camp ground and it will be free. There will no longer be a fee to use the wifi after the first hour. Every staff member I came in contact with were wonderful, friendly and courteous. We will come back. We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

28 pull thru

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $95.00

Stayed here for two nights. The site was one of their premium sites with concrete patio (only thing available at the time of the reservation). All utilities worked fine. Staff was friendly and helpful. We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Close to Shenandoah NP and Harrisonburg.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $49.00

We stayed at Harrisonburg/Shenandoah Valley KOA over night as we traveled home. The CG is about 4 miles from I-81, while the road was newly paved and smooth, it is narrow and windy. The CG is quiet. The staff was great and the guided us to our site. The Pull-Thru was long enough for my 35' MH and Toad so I did not have to unhook. The site was low to the DS and rear, while I could auto-level, it did pull the DS outside rear wheel an inch off the ground. This KOA offers personal pan pizzas that are delivered to your RV. My wife ordered one and said it was very good. While the WiFi is free (as most campgrounds offer), free is not a perk if the bandwidth is so throttled that it is a struggle to just pull emails. The nightly rate of $48.84 (reflects my KOA discount but not taxes) seems a bit high for this area especially when the 'Free' WiFi basically was none functional. As I write this I am overnighting in a KOA near Charlotte and the WiFi is functional. Staff: Friendly and Helpful Inner Roads: Stone, not dusty Site No.: 60 Site: PT, stone, utilities conveniently located Site Level: Low in back and on driver's side. Power: 50a, 119-120v Water: 40 psi Sewer: No issues WiFi: Free, 5 bars, but NO Bandwidth. We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $45.00

Traveled in on small, narrow windy road. Do not do it in the dark. All in the woods. Gravel and very dusty. Would definitely not recommend for an overnight stay, or for any Class A motorhome. No paved roads. Nice people but would not stay again. We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Tight Turns

For civil war history buffs, New Market 30 minutes away.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $54.00

Staff was very nice at check-in. Narrow roads in park (as well as the road going to the park, from the interstate). Water pressure low, cable on select sites (not ours), no internet, pull-through site was barely long enough for our 31ft motor home with tow. We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $54.00

Nice campground. Long pull through with properly placed utilities. I didn't have to unhook the tow. Utilities good. Cable good. Decent space between sites, but a little dusty. The wifi signal was strong, but no internet. Bummer. The problem is getting here. A few miles on a narrow 2 lane road with no room to pull over if you meet another big rig. Because of the lack of wifi, the narrow road and the high price, I probably wouldn't stay again if it was only for one night. We camped at Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA

Are you affiliated with Harrisonburg / Shenandoah Valley KOA ?