1240 General Booth Boulevard

• Beach Beach ?
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Virginia Beach KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $77.00

This KOA park was descent compared to others in the area. It has tons for the kids to do. For example, two large pools, one with a large slide. It had a bouncing balloon pillow so the kids as well as adults can do some jumping. The store was well stocked and had a great selections on decorative signs. The sites we were in, were in OK condition. Most were even but you were on some gravel. I highly suggest that you bring a surge protector with you. There were numerous electrical spikes and surges. My surge protector saved me. It stopped the surge from damaging my RV and it took the damage for me. It melted the 30 amp receptacle in the pedestal. I called to report the problem and maintenance was here with five minutes. They replaced the damaged receptacle and had me running in no time. The water pressure was not the greatest, but that was because the park was jammed with people. Wi-Fi service was good. I didn't mind some of the F-16 military jet noise. You hear it through out the day and it was bearable. I rather loved hearing our fighter jets from our U.S Navy flying around. The staff were very friendly and always willing to help. As for some of the northerners (CANADIANS) visiting, I can honestly say they were very unfriendly people with there rude attitudes. I would stay here again. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $66.00

This park is OK but not a great value for the in-season dollar; it doesn't seem to be up to usual KOA standards, although some maintenance on the gravel interior roads and pull-through sites seems to have been done recently. We noted some new power pedestals as well, so electrical systems might have been recently updated. Clearly, more needs to be done to bring this park up to standard. The jets fly from Oceano NAS 8AM-midnight, but locals shrug that off as "the sound of freedom" (they sell "I Love Jet Noise" bumper stickers). We were just here for an overnight, so we didn't really explore the park. The pull-through sites just west of the office were heavily treed and we had to ask for a different site to get satellite reception. The pull-through we had was barely large enough for our motorhome and toad parked cross-wise in front (these are pull-through sites in the sense that you can pull in and then pull out, not spaces where you can leave a toad or trailer hooked up). Staff was generally friendly although some seemed to be in training (difficulty setting up our site and more trouble changing it), and we noticed several other arrivals changing sites during our stay. Wi-Fi is available per their web site but we didn't have a chance to try it. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $35.00

Reviews are all accurate. Good location just down from Holiday Travel park. 2-3 miles from the boardwalk. Huge RV park. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2009 - $35.00

We were disappointed at how primitive this park was. We often stay at KOA's, typically they are much nicer than this one. The staff was quite friendly, but the site needs some work. The pull through area is quite muddy and does not appear to be taken care of. There is only one dumpster and it is quite a hike from the pull through area. The one side of the park appears to have some permanent trailers: and these are quite old. Looks a bit more like a trailer park than a KOA. I don't think we will be back here. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2009 - $35.00

Jet noise here is not mentioned in other reviews. I don't know why since it is across the street from the other parks in this area. I'm not gonna go into reviewing facilities and road conditions because the earlier post are accurate. My site is a little small for a pull through 50 amp full hook up but there is enough room to keep my dolly attached and staff doesn't complain about parking in the field next to the bath houses. Staff is friendly and well mannered. The real rub for this and every camp in Virginia Beach is the Military jets. Today is my 2nd day here and they started flying at 9 a.m. and as i write this seemed to stop at about midnight. To be fair the flyovers aren't constant but go on all day. The intervals for flyovers are as few as seconds to several minutes when they occur. Staff claims they only fly on Mon-wed in season and taper off during the weekend. This is yet to be seen and I am here out of season so they may alter schedules and fly more who knows. The low rating is for jet noise alone. Otherwise the park seems fine and big rig access is a breeze. It's a shame that the jet noise spoils this area cause just a few miles down General Booth BLVD is a ocean front area with a strip and shops that reminds me of Southeast Florida. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2009 - $30.00

We spent 4 nights at this park. The showers and restrooms are clean. The laundry is clean and has lots of machines that work well. There are two large pools that look clean and inviting another time of the year. The RV parking allows plenty of room on both sides, and is on gravel with some grass around. The grounds could use a bit more cleaning up after people leave. We had a pile of cigarette butts and burned trash remains in the grass where we were parked. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $50.00

The wireless internet only works if you are seated on the front porch of the campground store. For this price, there is no trash pickup at your site. The camp sites are small and cramped. They do keep the pool very clean but they close it at 8 PM. This campground is next to a Naval Air Base. If you do not like jet noise, don't stay here as the planes were very loud. I liked seeing the planes and they did not bother me, just a word of warning. This campground does not have a downtown parking area. That means everytime you go downtown you have to pay at least $5 to park. Other area campgrounds have a parking lot downtown for their campers. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $70.00

This campground needs a lot of work. The roads really are as bad as other posters described, and the general appearance of the premises is shabby. The bathhouses need updated, and the showers are odd. Even my kids complained about the showers, and that's a first. My particular site was actually fairly spacious, but I kept tripping over tree roots. The staff was friendly, and the kids enjoyed jumping on the big air pillow. The pool looked nice, but we didn't use it. We were only here three nights, and we spent most of the time at the beach or visiting friends who live nearby. If I had camped here for my actual "beach vacation", I would have been very disappointed. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $80.00

This was our first visit to Virginia Beach and I did some research on this campground. The reviews were less than stellar, but since it was the only thing available, I booked it for 2 nights. The cost was extremely high, it was $80 per night for a tent site with water and electric. The roads were in bad shape, there were ruts everywhere. Our site was small and in the direct sun, there was one tree on our site, and we could see the highway. There were no fire rings and the bathrooms were filthy. Showers were on one side and bathrooms on the other, instead of being attached. The camp store was nice and stocked and pool was nice, but crowded. One perk was the bus that traveled you to the inlet. However, that same bus made a stop at another park, which made me envious. The other park was spacious, clean and full of trees. We definitely can not recommend this campground, even if you are in an RV. The RV sites were small and very close together. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Tent.

Date of Stay: May, 2009 - $31.00

This is an excellent park. It is user friendly especially during bike week. Common sense prevails during certain events. I would recommend it anytime of the year. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2009 - $64.00

The site we had was very tight. Had a 30' travel trailer with double slide out noted this when reserving a site. In order to open the slide outs we had to park with a large tree right in front of the entry door. Roots of this tree were about 4" wide which caused a real trip hazard getting in and out of the the camper. Tried to reposition camper but the site was too small and would not allow us any forgiveness. Our pickup truck was parked across the front of the lot sticking out in the road as well as into the site next to us. No fire pit not even room for one. Asked if we could move to one of the several open sites the next day we were told they were reserved. Understanding this was a holiday weekend we asked if they could do something about the large roots before some one was injured. They said there was nothing they could do and they were booked solid. A reduction in the nightly rate would have been a nice gesture. The roads were very poor. Pot holes and ruts everywhere. The bath houses and rest rooms were the worse i'd ever seen at a KOA. Two hours before checkout they turned the water off to the entire campground and never made effort to go around and let camper know of a problem. We will stay at the campground across the street on our next visit. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2009 - $40.00

This was our fourth stay here and there will not be a fifth. Each time we stay, the experience becomes worse. Roads are terrible with large potholes and gullies. I was told the tractor had broken, it is time to get it fixed. Restrooms were marginal at best. Office staff friendly, but other workers would not acknowledge you if you were on fire. Luckily it had not rained for a while, our site was nothing but bare dirt, easily could have been mud. This park needs a lot of work to bring it up to where it is worth $40/night. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2009 - $40.00

We visited this campground and the roads are terrible, one of the maintenance employees loves to say "f" this and "f" that and loves to have a gun on his side!!! We had to leave there quickly and went across the street to travel park and it is like night and day between the two campgrounds. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2009 - $55.00

The sites had plenty of room for a smaller camper like ours, but I wouldn't want to pull a big one in. The campground had very few trees on sites (our site had none). I guess if the beach is your destination, this is a great place to put your camper. But if you want to set up camp and hang out I wouldn't recommend this campground. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2009 - $31.00

We arrived at the campground after 7:30pm on a Saturday night having previously called the facility to let them know we would be there late. A registration form and a map to our site were both available at the entrance as was explained to us. We found our site easy enough, but it had been raining in the area for two days and the site was very muddy with very little gravel to keep the feet out of the mud. There were two sets of men's showers. While one set was okay (a little messy, but fairly clean), the other was virtually flooded all around. There was a sign on the building claiming that the showers were to be cleaned between 8:30am and 9:30am each morning, at 10am there was no evidence of this. Our water and electric hook-ups were fine, but the site sewer hook-up was just an open pipe without any type of interface for the hose connector. The Wi-Fi connection was great. We will probably stay here again in perhaps better weather, but this weekend was a stark introduction for us first-time RVers. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Virginia Beach KOA ?