1240 General Booth Boulevard

• Beach Beach ?
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Virginia Beach KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: February, 2009 - $65.00

Nice park, close to the oceanfront, but a bit pricey. They have a nice store, pool and very friendly. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2009 - $29.00

We enjoyed our stay. The camp host was very friendly as were the owners . Not much happening this time of year but was convenient for us to visit in the area. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2008 - $39.00

Nice but not alot to do, close to beach and golf course right behind the KOA We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $25.00

Fun place. Close to Va. Beach north end. 10min to town and all the action. Will be back. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Tent.

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $50.00

This campground is located about 2-3 miles form the beach. There was a trolley that ran to and from the beach. The area here is mostly level and the campground sports several trees. This is especially true of the tent area. The site we have does not have a tree within 30 feet of it. There is no cable here at this campground. The camp store seems to have a good selection. The pools look to be clean and well kept. They have this jumping thing for a kid that is so cool I want to go and jump on it. It is huge and looks to be in great shape. There seems to be ample playground equipment and other kid type stuff. The laundry room was clean and in good repair. The game room was fairly large and offered several games to choose from. The bathhouses were in good repair and seemed clean. I used one of the showers and there was plenty of hot water. In addition, the showers were very private. There was even soap in the bath rooms and paper towels. In addition, there was a hand blower (drier) in the bathroom. The overall grounds were in good shape. The lawns were mowed, and trash pick up was timely. The Wi-Fi here was a little spotty. I had a slow connection some of the time. Other times the Wi-Fi seemed to just be down. The roads here were a mixed bag. Some of the roads were paved and in good shape. Other interior roads were gravel and were in a mixed state of repair. There were some rough places. Overall, the price could have been just a little lower, and I would have rated it just a little higher. We would come back to this campground. Rating of 8 plus is the rate I would give this place. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $38.00

Not the most scenic site we've stayed at but they offer all the amenities you might expect from a KOA. Unfortunately there was an aircraft carrier returning to port during one of our night stays. We watched and LISTENED as she emptied her decks of aircraft, bound for Oceana Naval air base, well into the night. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $38.00

Rate was with KOA Gold (15%). At first I was surprised they did not offer a weekly rate, but after staying there, not sure anyone would want to stay that long. Can you say N-O-I-S-E? Turns out the campground is right under the flight path of fighter jets training out of a Naval Air Station just a couple of miles away. It starts at 8am SHARP and seemed to regularly go to 9:30pm, but one night until almost midnight. I'd never go back for that reason alone. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $46.00

This campground is now owned and run by the corporate office of KOA and is not a franchise. The staff was warm and friendly and very helpful. We stayed in a rather large "rustic" site along the main road which offered quite a bit of room to spread out. The roads leading to this section and other sections were quite narrow with sudden turns. Driving anything but a car could prove quite difficult and if you make a wrong turn you may end up on someone's site. The roads need to be widened and smoothed out. Grassy area campsites were on the smaller side but I found this normal in high tourist area campgrounds. The staff worked hard to keep the bathroom facilities clean, but it seemed the other campers worked twice as hard at undoing what the staff had just cleaned, which made me realize what slobs my fellow campers were. There is no excuse for the mess and filth they made in the restrooms. I felt sorry for the staff cleaning them !! They worked hard at trying to keep them clean. The store was pretty well stocked, the pool was open and clean, the 2nd pool had just underwent repair and opened as we left. Overhead aircraft noise has been mentioned before, and yes it was loud when they passed over during the day, early morning and evenings were quiet, so I have no complaints about the noise. Great proximity to area attractions. Very little "critter" activity other than blackbirds and squirrel. My only complaint was that I cleaned up the site after we set up as the previous campers there left their litter scattered about and the campground could of been a bit more "active" in cleaning the sites when campers departed. I am happy I decided to give it a try and would camp here again We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $45.00

We live only 7 miles from this campground and have been here before but not sure if I will go back again. They have 2 swimming pools and when we made reservations no one told us one was broken and had no water in it. When we got there, all of a sudden the other one broke so its 98 degrees out and no place for the kids to cool off. The site we had was fairly level with some shade, grass, and was of good size. The Security came around often, was very pleasant and helpful. When I checked into my site a few hours after check-in time the site was dirty with trash from the previous resident, and I had to clean the site up prior to setting up. We had then ask them to come and pick up the trash, which they did in a timely manner. The Rest rooms were nasty with the floors dirty and a few of the toilets overflowing. They have a total of 4 different bath houses and I recommend that during the day they have the staff check them on a regular basis and spot clean if they need to be cleaned, instead of holding off until the next morning to clean them. I did not even check out the showers after seeing the bathroom, instead I drove the 7 miles back home to check the mail and took a shower!! The KOA is close to the beach and I am in hopes after the new owners get everything under control that this will be a nice campground once again. But right now it is a work in progress, and unless I see a drastic change in the way they do they're maintenance and cleaning of the facilities I will be going down the road to the Holiday Trav-L Park which is less then a quarter mile away, with a lot more activities. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2007 - $45.00

Although most of the sites were pretty level, they could use some work. The first site we were given had a huge mud puddle that would be right outside of the door. I went back to the office and was reluctantly given another site. Office staff was not overly helpful or friendly. Security person made rounds about every 15 minutes, a nice feeling. The aircraft noise from Oceana Naval Air Station was bothersome at times, but this is not the fault of the campground. Two miles from the beach, but access is easy. Campfires are allowed, but fire rings are not provided. Some of the long term campers are a little rundown, (the vehicles and sites, not the people). Roads could use some work also, potholes in the paving and large dips in the gravel roads. Picnic tables need rebuilding. Might stay here again, but it would not be our first choice. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2007 - $32.00

We took advantage of the free night of camping from KOA to visit this campground and were very pleased. Our campsite was level and spacious and also close to the bathrooms. The staff was very warm and friendly. They also had nightly planned activities. We will definitely return! We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2007 - $26.00

Park is pretty run-down and it doesn't appear that anything is being done for upgrade. There are numerous sites that were flooded, but were unoccupied--I assume because it was off-season. There's strong potential these sites would not be pleasant if it rained during the active seasons. The site we had was on high ground with adequate space between sites and was very pleasant. There's plenty of openness for walking pets but no means to access the beach by walking. I don't recommend this park and won't stay here when I come back to this area. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2007 - $30.00

Nice park with helpful staff. Enjoyed our stay. Hope to get back there again some time. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2006 - $38.00

We stayed here with 2 other familys on 2 adjoining sites. Hurricane Ernest or what was left of it cleared the area about 2 hours before we got to the campground. We live only 7 miles away but this was the planned gathering place for friends on Labor Day weekend. The sites were level and large. The bathrooms were old and dated and not all that clean. I only used them when the portapottie would not surfice. I did not even look at the showers after seeing the bathrooms instead I drove home and checked the mail and took a shower there. They have wireless internet but it has questionable reliability. The staff was helpful and polite. I would probably stay here again since I have a shower close by and my own toilet facilities but I recommend the staff take note and do some work on the restrooms. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2006 - $47.00

We were very unhappy with our stay here. We mad reservation a month in advance and a asked to be next to our fiends. They also did the same, we were across the campground from them. The next morning when our friends site next to them was empty. We asked to move the said no! What made it worse is that the site was empty the rest of the stay. Our site was very small. It was hard to maneuver around all the trees. A huge challenge to move the camper to have the awning out. The staff was very RUDE and not helpful, even when at the gift shop. We had to listen to loud music till about 3 in the morning. We also had problems with the water pressure at times it would just drip out. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Virginia Beach KOA ?