1240 General Booth Boulevard

• Beach Beach ?
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Virginia Beach KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2019 - $81.00

The campground is nice. We camped on dirt, sand, and weeds and there were plenty of trees to keep us shaded. There are new deluxe patio sites that are concrete with patios, but are missing mature trees. There are new bathrooms and old bathrooms. The older bathrooms are inefficient. The toilets and sinks are in one building and showers are in another. So, if you are cleaning up one would shower in one room, leave that room, walk around the building and go into another room to use the sink and toilet. Also, the toilet stalls are very tight. I can't imagine how a very large person would be able to use the toilet. As it was, I would walk in, straddle the toilet to close the door and the toilet paper holder just about touched my shoulder. The water pressure was low and water temperature was inconsistent if there was another person showering. That said, the bathrooms were extremely clean. The newer bathrooms are private one room bathrooms. The campground is great for kids, which we don't camp with. There are two pools, one with a slide, a bouncy pad, a couple of playgrounds, horse shoes, volleyball, etc. I didn't use the laundry facilities, but did check it out. It was the cleanest facility I have ever seen including private laundromats. We had no issues with WiFi and a good selection of cable channels. I think the campground is a bit pricey. Next time in Virginia Beach, I would probably tryout another campground due to the price. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Sand, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $91.00

Nice, friendly park. Nice employees. We had power spikes which kept blowing our fuses, but the moved us to a new site. We didn't go to the new site because a hurricane was on it's way and we just decided it wasn't worth it. The man that showed us to our site showed me where the sewer was. Well, it was not really a sewer hole. I don't know what it was. When unhooking, I noticed the overflow and a different sewer hole (the right one). So we had to move a full hose over 6 feet. Yuk! We didn't stay the full 5 days because a hurricane was on the way. They were very friendly about canceling and refunding the rest of our stay. Very nice people. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $47.00

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were super friendly and efficient. The facility was well maintained. It was close to the beach (especially using the city trolly system with a stop right in the CG). Our only complaint would have been low water pressure during peak use times. It dropped to nothing on a couple occasions. Otherwise, this was a great facility with more amenities than we could use in our 5 day stay. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Asphalt
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

There's a shuttle stop for a city trolley that will take you to the ocean front and the aquarium ($4 All day), which runs every 20 min. We also enjoyed local paddling spots and restaurants.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $53.00

A very nice campground that is a trolley stop for a service (fee) to and from Virginia Beach. The staff was very accommodating when I asked to be moved to a shaded site. The site they gave us was a pull through water/electric only but was a huge site with plenty of shade. The "premium" sites toward the front of the park have concrete patios and furniture. They are nice sites but not as shaded or as large as some of the W/E sites in our section (sites 114-132). One of the pros for this CG is that there are plenty of activities for all ages including a pocket park activity area, arcade, bike rentals and two nice pools. Another observation is that there is always several staff riding through the park on golf carts to pick up trash, check out sites, escort new arrivals to their site, etc. This is the most I have seen CG staff available for questions or issues. The biggest issue I had with this CG is the restrooms/showers. The restrooms had several broken toilets and what was not broken was not very clean. The showers were also dirty and need some updates. One note is that there is a military base nearby and the CG is in the flight pattern for jets that occasionally take off. It did not bother us and I enjoyed the show, but I can see where others might find it distracting and too loud. Overall a good CG but my rating is based on the restrooms. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $103.00

Stayed only one night during a Tropical Storm. Full Patio site. Local Beaches, two swimming pools. Large store. Property extremely well kept. Employees very helpful. Price a bit high but for me it was worth it. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $47.00

Interior roads could use some work. Pools shut down, yet they still charged full rate. I don't understand that. We were a street away from WiFi tower, too far as it didn't work in the RV. Site surface was gravel and featured a fire ring. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $52.00

The park is large with a lot of long term campers on the far left side of park. I was on the right side (near the office) and for most of the 2 week stay is was near empty. We experienced a sewer issue (very slow drainage) on our row and eventually decided to move back a row. The staff appeared to know of the sewer problem, yet still put several campers on that row despite plenty of empty sites. Wifi was good, but cable was of poor quality and did not include any ESPN channels. The jet noise was loud, but we knew that going in and enjoyed seeing the Jets flying overhead. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

33 41
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

The Virginia Beach Boardwalk is great and only a 3 miles away. Plenty of great food and beverage choices. The Aquarium is even closer. Uber is convenient and there is also a shuttle that stops at the park.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $55.00

just stayed over night, pull thru sites, were roomy for our 25 ' R V. office staff pleasant. jets did go over head but didn't bother us. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $60.00

Great park in a super location close to the beach. Beautiful pool, nice amenities for kids, lovely grounds to take a walk or bike ride. The store is nicely stocked, and the staff is very friendly. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2014 - $51.00

This was a decent stay. We camped here for the weekend while visiting friends. The campground was very clean, but I felt that it was overpriced. They also charged per person which I also didn't like. The attendant behind the counter was a little slow and charged me for an extra person but I didn't feel like arguing over it for the $6. The jumper pads were a lot of fun and the camp ground was very pretty. We had a firepit in our spot which was really awesome. The store sold firewood but we were able to scavenge enough from the woods and around the campground without paying for it. The bathrooms and showers were very clean. Our site was nicely shaded by trees, as were most of the sites. Overall, this was a decent place to stay, but a little overpriced. Admin note: confirm collecting of firewood in campground and surrounding area is allowed. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Tons of stuff to do in the VA beach/Norfolk area. Battle Ship Wisconson, Navy base tours, beach, ect...

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $75.00

Thanks goodness for a great site # 41, had we been in one of the flooded sites the overall rating would be a 2. We would stay here again if we could get this site, so many of the others were flooded due to the rain that they had the week before. Another disappointment was the slummy seasonal / residents that they have here. I can't believe that this is a corporate owned KOA and it looks like this. This campground along with the one across the street are convenient to all the attractions of VA Beach. Our water, electric, sewer and cable worked perfect during our stay. The pool was well maintained. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Grass

Dogs are allowed on the beach north of 42nd street before 10 AM and after 6PM. VA Beach is very dog friendly so check out that information on their website. Bring the bicycles and head to False Cape State Park.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $46.00

We stayed here to attend my son's wedding in Virginia Beach. The staff was friendly, the site was level, Wi-Fi was strong/fast, and the weather was great. Overall, a very nice campground. I would stay here again. However, next time I would take the shuttle to the beach rather than my toad. Parking is expensive in VA Beach. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2013 - $42.00

Their Wi-Fi is great because they have multiple antennas and it's fast. Jets fly overhead. Be grateful they are there. They are from the local military base used in training applications for the most part. Yeah, they're noticeable but they're there for our safety and the safety of this country. The park seems to be set up for the summer crowds that flock this place and they can handle it. Everyone on staff was pleasant and seem eager to be of service. Sites are gravel and off level a little. They have bike paths near by and not far from the beach boardwalk. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $45.00

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at this CG. It was well maintained and very friendly staff. I highly recommend it. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $43.00

This KOA has the largest sites for campers of any other KOA I have been to. The bus service was easy to use to get around the beach area. The kids loved the pool with the slide and it was opened quite late! We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Virginia Beach KOA ?