1240 General Booth Boulevard

• Beach Beach ?
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Virginia Beach KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2009 - $31.00

This is an excellent park. It is user friendly especially during bike week. Common sense prevails during certain events. I would recommend it anytime of the year. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $46.00

This campground is now owned and run by the corporate office of KOA and is not a franchise. The staff was warm and friendly and very helpful. We stayed in a rather large "rustic" site along the main road which offered quite a bit of room to spread out. The roads leading to this section and other sections were quite narrow with sudden turns. Driving anything but a car could prove quite difficult and if you make a wrong turn you may end up on someone's site. The roads need to be widened and smoothed out. Grassy area campsites were on the smaller side but I found this normal in high tourist area campgrounds. The staff worked hard to keep the bathroom facilities clean, but it seemed the other campers worked twice as hard at undoing what the staff had just cleaned, which made me realize what slobs my fellow campers were. There is no excuse for the mess and filth they made in the restrooms. I felt sorry for the staff cleaning them !! They worked hard at trying to keep them clean. The store was pretty well stocked, the pool was open and clean, the 2nd pool had just underwent repair and opened as we left. Overhead aircraft noise has been mentioned before, and yes it was loud when they passed over during the day, early morning and evenings were quiet, so I have no complaints about the noise. Great proximity to area attractions. Very little "critter" activity other than blackbirds and squirrel. My only complaint was that I cleaned up the site after we set up as the previous campers there left their litter scattered about and the campground could of been a bit more "active" in cleaning the sites when campers departed. I am happy I decided to give it a try and would camp here again We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $45.00

We live only 7 miles from this campground and have been here before but not sure if I will go back again. They have 2 swimming pools and when we made reservations no one told us one was broken and had no water in it. When we got there, all of a sudden the other one broke so its 98 degrees out and no place for the kids to cool off. The site we had was fairly level with some shade, grass, and was of good size. The Security came around often, was very pleasant and helpful. When I checked into my site a few hours after check-in time the site was dirty with trash from the previous resident, and I had to clean the site up prior to setting up. We had then ask them to come and pick up the trash, which they did in a timely manner. The Rest rooms were nasty with the floors dirty and a few of the toilets overflowing. They have a total of 4 different bath houses and I recommend that during the day they have the staff check them on a regular basis and spot clean if they need to be cleaned, instead of holding off until the next morning to clean them. I did not even check out the showers after seeing the bathroom, instead I drove the 7 miles back home to check the mail and took a shower!! The KOA is close to the beach and I am in hopes after the new owners get everything under control that this will be a nice campground once again. But right now it is a work in progress, and unless I see a drastic change in the way they do they're maintenance and cleaning of the facilities I will be going down the road to the Holiday Trav-L Park which is less then a quarter mile away, with a lot more activities. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2006 - $38.00

We stayed here with 2 other familys on 2 adjoining sites. Hurricane Ernest or what was left of it cleared the area about 2 hours before we got to the campground. We live only 7 miles away but this was the planned gathering place for friends on Labor Day weekend. The sites were level and large. The bathrooms were old and dated and not all that clean. I only used them when the portapottie would not surfice. I did not even look at the showers after seeing the bathrooms instead I drove home and checked the mail and took a shower there. They have wireless internet but it has questionable reliability. The staff was helpful and polite. I would probably stay here again since I have a shower close by and my own toilet facilities but I recommend the staff take note and do some work on the restrooms. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2004 - $50.00

Did not like this campground. Bath houses weren't clean as often as they should of been for that time of year. Pool had film all around. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Virginia Beach KOA ?