1240 General Booth Boulevard

• Beach Beach ?
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Virginia Beach KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2019 - $94.00

We used the showers over by the Tent area (they were brand new and really clean), also provided a little more space for me to shower with my two kids. The main showers that we used were also clean. They had KOA Staff picking up garbage multiple times a day from your site, but they didn't have separate recycling. The Pools were clean, activities for kids were great! We did stay over 4th of July! They had bouncy slides and fun things to do to keep the kids entertained! We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Grass

It's Virginia Beach - so there are many things to do! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the shuttle that will take you into town to the beach or to the aquarium. Passes can be purchased at the store or using your mobile device. We prefer Sandbridge Beach which is quieter with plenty of parking.

Date of Stay: June, 2019 - $87.00

We've been to this KOA several times over the last few years. The employees are always great, the park is clean, and there are lots of fun activities. The sites don't provide much room, but that is typical for a KOA. The only complaint I had this time was the lack of flexibility with late checkout. We were in town for the big sand soccer tournament, and my son's last game was at a time when we would have had to rush to get back for the 12:00 checkout time. Also, if they made the playoffs (which they ultimately did) the tournament would run even longer for us. I asked for a late checkout, which they've always been happy to give me. The response was that they didn't do that anymore, but instead would let me stay for an extra night for half price. On the one hand, I understand they're a business and it was nice to not have to worry about what time we left. On the other hand, no one was using the site the next day, we stay there whenever we have a tournament, I'm a KOA rewards member, and a little flexibility would have been nice in exchange for my loyalty. There's another campground across the street from this KOA, and I'll be inquiring about their late checkout policies next year when I book for this tournament next year. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $82.00

We stayed at this KOA at the last minute. I have avoided these large "parking lot" style campgrounds up to now. But this campground had bigger sites than I expected and many amenities for children and families. Of course we paid more to be this close to a major beach, but our destinations were close by, and we spent very little time driving once we got into VA Beach. There is a city shuttle that stops at KOA and takes campers to the beach and other attractions in VA Beach. Activities at the campground included 2 pools, a jumping pad, an inflatable slide, ping pong, life size chess game, large tricycles and golf carts for rent, 2 playgrounds, basketball, horseshoes and other games. Back in the middle center section (around the 120's) there was a seedy area with a camper or two that looked permanent and very run down. Other than that, things were clean and appeared well cared for. There were a lot of people there, yes; but folks were having fun. I would stay there again. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $70.00

We've been at this park several times, usually for a travel soccer tournament. We hadn't been here for 6+ months, though, and noticed they've really made some improvements. They recently renovated their activities area, adding a dedicated cornhole area, bocce, ladderball, and a propane firepit area. It looks very nice. As usual with a KOA, the sites are rather close together, but after several tries we found an area of the park we liked. There was plenty of shade, and it was close enough to the transmitter that our wifi was okay during the day. At night it was pointless to try to use it, but that's the case with most campground wifi. The Holiday Trav-L Park across the street is cheaper, but we think the KOA is nicer. You get what you pay for! We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $63.00

Nice level site. Nothin else to say................ We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $65.00

This is my second time reviewing this KOA. We stayed there back in June of this year. Because I wasn't fond of the site we got last time, I requested site 28, which looked to be in a quiet corner of the park. The site itself was a decent size (for a KOA) and well shaded. However, there were a couple of issues. The first problem was my fault, because I didn't realize that corner of the park is MUCH closer to the main road, and thus louder. The second issue was that the wifi didn't reach that corner of the park. It was simply impossible to connect. If I walked two site rows closer to the wifi tower, I got a perfect connection. I asked at the office and they rebooted the router, but that made no difference. They did acknowledge that the corner of the park we're in doesn't get great coverage. This isn't the biggest deal in the world, but if you're looking for wifi, don't get that site! Other than the site, the campground was in good shape, with clean bath houses and the always-polite employees. There was a festival happening on the other side of the campground, but I was warned about it and chose to stay there anyhow. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $85.00

This is a typical KOA. The customer service is great, but the sites are basically parking lot-style with a few trees mixed in. The sites are gravel, and it was quite dusty as a result. I camped with my 13-year-old son, and there was plenty for us to do. Overall, however, if you're more of a state park type camper (like us) you won't be terribly happy here except as a home base for other activities. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Nearby, Very Close
Tight Turns

If you want to go to the beach, there's a shuttle to take you there. For adults, it's $4 for an all day pass, and kids under 18 are free. It drops you off at the end of the boardwalk.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $55.00

Park is very large! Lots of seasonal and permanent rvs. Big rigs no problem. Very quiet because of time of year. Even though it was very empty they still put us close together. Don't get that. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Grass

Walk or drive to boardwalk for restaurants on ocean. Walk is 6 miles round trip.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $65.00

We checked in on August the 9th for a two-day stay at this park. We typically prefer to stay at KOA campgrounds simply because we find they are cleaner and have more amenities. This campground did not disappoint in that department.

The reason for the bad value rating is because NO WHERE in the information on-line does it stipulate that Naval Jets fly over this campground until 2 a.m. then begin maneuvers again at 8 a.m. It was ridiculous. Quiet hours in this park are from 11 p.m. until 8 a.m., yet it's acceptable for this disturbance to take place nightly when the military is practicing! It's both rude and inconsiderate to individuals who have come to this facility for REST and RELAXATION. This isn't an inexpensive campground either.

When my husband complained about the noise, the front office staff got VERY defensive. So, unless you want to experience the "rockets LOUD blare" nightly, you might want to stay elsewhere. Our two small dogs were terrified by the noise. While the campground is lovely, we will not be staying here again. Shame on KOA for not giving full disclosure on this website about the noise issues! I cannot imagine that ours is the only complaint. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $45.00

So we just got back from a 10-day trip to Virginia Beach. Stayed at the KOA, and I gotta say that the staff there was top-notch. From check-in personnel to the staff that cleans the restrooms, I was very impressed with the professionalism and helpfulness displayed across the board. We had a nasty storm roll through Saturday evening. A lightning strike hit the ground across the road from us, about 20' from the pop-up that occupied the site. Not 5 minutes later staff members were at the camper. Long story short, the father in the camper got zapped by the electrical discharge, and the staff had EMS on site within 10 minutes of the incident. From my assessment, the staff did an A+ job handling the situation and directing help to the family (who were from Montreal and unsure how to access EMS). My biggest "negative" was this park's pricing system. The site price is based on 2 people occupying the site. I didn't catch it when I reserved the site back in March, and that's on me. Even now that I look at their website, it's still kinda sorta hidden - when you put in how many people are on the site, it says that kids under 6 are "free". When I double checked the receipt, it showed a $6 per night charge for "extra" person. I went back to the front desk, and was explained that the site price is for 2 people, etc... I had not come across this before as all the parks we have stayed at have been priced for 4 people. The explanation given me was when a site is only occupied by 2 people, they feel they should be given a discount since they shouldn't have to pay for 2 extra people. I get it, Ive just not encountered it before. Shame on me for not recognizing the pricing policy. (No I'm not going to blast the park on the rating for my mistake). The sites near General Booth Blvd will get traffic noise. That road is a 4-lane, well traveled boulevard. Be advised that if you're back there, you will hear the cars. The sites in that area are well-shaded, and best suited for tents and smaller TTs/pop-ups. A good portion of the sites are gravel/rocky, which is my biggest knock on the park. It's great for shade, especially in the heat of summer, but not the most comfy on the feet. There's a few grassy sites back there, but ask when you call the park - they should be able to let you know the general site characteristics. We were in sites 149 and 150. Very little (to none) shade from 144 to 150. 151-157 have woods/greenery behind them, and 158-190 have a lot of shade. These sites are deep, but narrow. The pull through sites seemed to be narrow as well, but that's where you'll find the full hookups. The sites across the entrance street (21-59) have some good shade as well. The pull-throughs are a gravel base also. For us, 150/149 were perfect (even without the sewer) for the group of us that went down. My rig is long (~60' end to end) and we got in and out fine, though if you've got a tall/long rig, I'd try not to exit using the road along sites 158-190, as the trees that line might be obtrusive to taller rigs. We used the restroom and shower facilities near our site. The restrooms were clean and well-maintained. The showers... the showers could use some improvements in water pressure and hot water. Also, the floors need to be redone and weren't ultimately the most stable or clean. The showeres were attended to, but they need some fixing-up. We were told that the showers up by the pull-throughs were better, but I didn't feel like venturing up that far. Too lazy... There is a beach shuttle that runs every 20 minutes (I forget the exact hours), and it's $2 per person. Parking down by the beach will run you $5 for 3hrs or $10 for all day (depending on lot). We had 10 in our group, so for $20 it was a wash, and easier to bring all our shtuff. Lastly, the noise from the F/A-18s that people complain about: it's not as bad as its made out to be (all hours of the night, constant, disruptive, etc.). Yes, you're gonna hear them. Yes, they will be loud. For the 10 days we were there, only 1 night were they flying past 10 or 11pm. It did not interrupt or spoil any of our camping experience. To me, it's an awesome sound! And, if you're a man and an American, you would NEVER complain about the sound of freedom raining down from above! Heck, if it bothers you, just pretend it's the wife yapping at you and tune it out! So, at the end of our trip, the park gets high marks for it's helpful staff, pool area, cleanliness and attentiveness. Good activities and close to the beach, and there's some fun things nearby (go-karts, water park, mini-golf, Hooters and Chik-fil-A). The negatives are some of the site sizes terrain, and the showers we used. We will definitely return. For our experience, it's a "9". We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $75.00

I guess it's all about location location This KOA has the most seasonals I have ever seen at a KOA. Overall not a bad place. Two miles from the beach by foot or car. Being mid April, a lot of activities were closed like the pool. Store closes at 5pm. We picks FHU back end site #348. This site was small but OK. So, pick a pull through. Most looked bigger. Campground showed its age but at $75 a night, I think I could find better. Sites unlevel Not hateful, but just some general house keeping would help. Probably won't return.. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $61.00

The sites at this campground are small and there is little privacy. Trees provide shade at some of the sites, but many of the sites are wide open. Our site had full hookups (water, electric, sewer, and cable). The water pressure seemed low compared to other campgrounds at which we have stayed and the water had a brown tint to it, but was otherwise fine. The cable channel lineup was limited. The stone surface at many sites appeared as if it could use replenishing as water tended to pond and drainage was fairly poor. The campground has many amenities, including two very nice pools (one with water slides), bouncing pillow, playgrounds, half basketball court, horseshoe pits, bocce ball, and 9 hole mini golf in urgent need of repair. Bus service to area attractions is also available. The campground is minutes away from many attractions, including the Virginia aquarium, Virginia Beach boardwalk and ocean front, Ocean Breeze water park, go kart tracks, and mini golf. The jets from Oceana NAS were noticeable but easily tolerable. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $59.00

We stayed here for 3 nights in a 27' rig. The park and the area has lots to do for kids and families. The laundry is the largest I've seen in a campground. $1.75 for washers and dryers. The bathrooms/showers were clean, but only 2 per building (multiple buildings) which I thought was too few for the number of sites in the park. We used the Dog Park which is nice. The sites were level and spacious, but some can get muddy when it rains. There is a problem with drainage in some sites. Both open and shaded sites. The staff is attentive, but when we were here, the grass needed mowing in some sites and there was trash in some of the fire pits. The park is convenient to the Boardwalk, beach, grocery store, and other sights in the area via the trolley, bikes, or car. The jets flying overhead were not an issue. We would stay here again. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2012 - $38.00

10 minute trip to the beach by car. I stayed in March so it was mostly work campers there. There was construction of some sort going on around the bath house so the showers weren't that clean. The showers were also individual rooms separate from the bathrooms and were a little small. The staff was nice, but they were out of ice the day I needed it. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $89.00

KOA Virginia Beach This was our second stay at a KOA campground with our family and it was again an excellent experience. The location was a 3.3 mile bike ride along a paved bike path starting right at the campground to the Virginia Beach Boardwalk. For those who prefer motorized transport, the VA Beach shuttle rounded right through the campground every 20 minutes until 1 AM for $2 for an all/day fare. The kids loved the swimming pool with water slides and the jumping pillow was the ultimate favorite of ours (Not to mention that Mom and Dad had some jumping fun as well). The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The campground was large and full on Labor Day Weekend but still didn't feel crowded. I would give this location a 10 except the Wi-Fi, although functional and free, was useful for extremely low bandwidth applications limited to email and Facebook and AT&T only had 1 bar at this location. Otherwise this park was fantastic and we will definitely camp here again. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Virginia Beach KOA ?