1240 General Booth Boulevard

• Beach Beach ?
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Virginia Beach KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $47.00

Interior roads could use some work. Pools shut down, yet they still charged full rate. I don't understand that. We were a street away from WiFi tower, too far as it didn't work in the RV. Site surface was gravel and featured a fire ring. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $103.00

We were here the 2nd week of June and stayed in our usual spot, #34 in the big rig area next to the store. The campsite was good and doesn't collect a lot of rain or have too much sun with the large tree overhead. The bathrooms are close by and clean. Our only and BIGGEST complaint with this years stay was the pool. We were hugely disappointed that the large pool was only open on the weekend (we stayed a week but only through one weekend). The is one of our favorite attractions of this campground, and to find out that they didn't staff it during the weekdays, in JUNE, was irritating to say the least! This was past Memorial Day and thus most pools are open full time in VA after that date! The pool was something we were looking forward to and instead had to use the smaller pool designated for kids with the slides emptying into it. This pool was a warmer temp and not refreshing at all. Not too mention the weekend day that we could go to the large pool, the KOA rented out their pavilion area to a large group that took over the small pool and were very rowdy. KOA workers had to speak to them several times and eventually the "rental guests" left the pool area. I think everyone at the pool sighed a moment of relief! I don't like giving such a harsh review, but we were really angry with this last stay. My husband was going to use that pool for physical therapy after a recent surgery, and it would have been perfect for that, had we been able to go to it more than 1 time. This place goes out of its way to warn potential guests about the the jet noise (after getting harsh reviews for years), why didn't they tell us the pool ( a main attraction) was not usable during the week! I know from speaking to others at the pool, we weren't the only ones upset by this. FYI....I did try to contact management while staying there and was given the run around by staff. We visited the competing campground across the street and will be staying there our next time at VB! We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Sunny Open, Some Shade

For restaurants go to Jakes for BBQ, Waterman's for seafood or Captain Georges for an expensive feast! We have been going to these places for over 10 years....can't beat em'!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $85.00

This is a typical KOA. The customer service is great, but the sites are basically parking lot-style with a few trees mixed in. The sites are gravel, and it was quite dusty as a result. I camped with my 13-year-old son, and there was plenty for us to do. Overall, however, if you're more of a state park type camper (like us) you won't be terribly happy here except as a home base for other activities. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Nearby, Very Close
Tight Turns

If you want to go to the beach, there's a shuttle to take you there. For adults, it's $4 for an all day pass, and kids under 18 are free. It drops you off at the end of the boardwalk.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $69.00

Not sure if it was just the time of year but the park looked like they were getting ramped up. Pool wasn't open but they were preparing. Looks like we missed it by a few days. Store is nice, service is great. Sites weren't that great. Tight, couldn't use the fire ring because it was too close to the camper. Couldn't open the awning because of tree placement. Site was muddy and not even. Great location to the beach but even that was a surprise. Looks very rundown with old crap shops and restaurants. I have to say I was very surprised. Reminds me of a beat up Atlantic City town rather than a South Beach or Lauderdale. I won't be back. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

Convienent to the beach but the beach was nothing to write home about. Aside from the beach and boardwalk, you need to walk a few blocks in to find food/bar etc.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $52.00

The park is large with a lot of long term campers on the far left side of park. I was on the right side (near the office) and for most of the 2 week stay is was near empty. We experienced a sewer issue (very slow drainage) on our row and eventually decided to move back a row. The staff appeared to know of the sewer problem, yet still put several campers on that row despite plenty of empty sites. Wifi was good, but cable was of poor quality and did not include any ESPN channels. The jet noise was loud, but we knew that going in and enjoyed seeing the Jets flying overhead. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

33 41
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

The Virginia Beach Boardwalk is great and only a 3 miles away. Plenty of great food and beverage choices. The Aquarium is even closer. Uber is convenient and there is also a shuttle that stops at the park.

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $75.00

I guess it's all about location location This KOA has the most seasonals I have ever seen at a KOA. Overall not a bad place. Two miles from the beach by foot or car. Being mid April, a lot of activities were closed like the pool. Store closes at 5pm. We picks FHU back end site #348. This site was small but OK. So, pick a pull through. Most looked bigger. Campground showed its age but at $75 a night, I think I could find better. Sites unlevel Not hateful, but just some general house keeping would help. Probably won't return.. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $75.00

A bit off the beaten track. This is a great place if you are visiting the base or spending time in the bay. If you are a light sleeper, beware. The F-18s fly in at all hours of the night. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $51.00

Made reservations in February for 2 RVs. Requested side-by-side sites. Arrived at 4:30PM and was sent to a MUD HOLE representing itself as a camp site with hookups. Went back and the uncooperative lady at the desk did find me another site that was better, but would not allow my traveling partner the EMPTY site next to mine. Sent him to another "standing water" site. The empty site next to mine was EMPTY all night! Lady did offer to refund my money if I would leave. I have contacted KOA corporate who replied and contacted the VA Beach KOA: they would not and have not replied. I would stay in a parking lot before staying at this KOA. KOA has been my preference for years. Other than that, this VA Beach KOA did have nice amenities for families and all the hookups worked fine. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Truck Camper.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $66.00

This park is OK but not a great value for the in-season dollar; it doesn't seem to be up to usual KOA standards, although some maintenance on the gravel interior roads and pull-through sites seems to have been done recently. We noted some new power pedestals as well, so electrical systems might have been recently updated. Clearly, more needs to be done to bring this park up to standard. The jets fly from Oceano NAS 8AM-midnight, but locals shrug that off as "the sound of freedom" (they sell "I Love Jet Noise" bumper stickers). We were just here for an overnight, so we didn't really explore the park. The pull-through sites just west of the office were heavily treed and we had to ask for a different site to get satellite reception. The pull-through we had was barely large enough for our motorhome and toad parked cross-wise in front (these are pull-through sites in the sense that you can pull in and then pull out, not spaces where you can leave a toad or trailer hooked up). Staff was generally friendly although some seemed to be in training (difficulty setting up our site and more trouble changing it), and we noticed several other arrivals changing sites during our stay. Wi-Fi is available per their web site but we didn't have a chance to try it. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $35.00

Reviews are all accurate. Good location just down from Holiday Travel park. 2-3 miles from the boardwalk. Huge RV park. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2009 - $35.00

We were disappointed at how primitive this park was. We often stay at KOA's, typically they are much nicer than this one. The staff was quite friendly, but the site needs some work. The pull through area is quite muddy and does not appear to be taken care of. There is only one dumpster and it is quite a hike from the pull through area. The one side of the park appears to have some permanent trailers: and these are quite old. Looks a bit more like a trailer park than a KOA. I don't think we will be back here. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2009 - $35.00

Jet noise here is not mentioned in other reviews. I don't know why since it is across the street from the other parks in this area. I'm not gonna go into reviewing facilities and road conditions because the earlier post are accurate. My site is a little small for a pull through 50 amp full hook up but there is enough room to keep my dolly attached and staff doesn't complain about parking in the field next to the bath houses. Staff is friendly and well mannered. The real rub for this and every camp in Virginia Beach is the Military jets. Today is my 2nd day here and they started flying at 9 a.m. and as i write this seemed to stop at about midnight. To be fair the flyovers aren't constant but go on all day. The intervals for flyovers are as few as seconds to several minutes when they occur. Staff claims they only fly on Mon-wed in season and taper off during the weekend. This is yet to be seen and I am here out of season so they may alter schedules and fly more who knows. The low rating is for jet noise alone. Otherwise the park seems fine and big rig access is a breeze. It's a shame that the jet noise spoils this area cause just a few miles down General Booth BLVD is a ocean front area with a strip and shops that reminds me of Southeast Florida. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2009 - $55.00

The sites had plenty of room for a smaller camper like ours, but I wouldn't want to pull a big one in. The campground had very few trees on sites (our site had none). I guess if the beach is your destination, this is a great place to put your camper. But if you want to set up camp and hang out I wouldn't recommend this campground. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2009 - $65.00

Nice park, close to the oceanfront, but a bit pricey. They have a nice store, pool and very friendly. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2007 - $45.00

Although most of the sites were pretty level, they could use some work. The first site we were given had a huge mud puddle that would be right outside of the door. I went back to the office and was reluctantly given another site. Office staff was not overly helpful or friendly. Security person made rounds about every 15 minutes, a nice feeling. The aircraft noise from Oceana Naval Air Station was bothersome at times, but this is not the fault of the campground. Two miles from the beach, but access is easy. Campfires are allowed, but fire rings are not provided. Some of the long term campers are a little rundown, (the vehicles and sites, not the people). Roads could use some work also, potholes in the paving and large dips in the gravel roads. Picnic tables need rebuilding. Might stay here again, but it would not be our first choice. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Virginia Beach KOA ?