1240 General Booth Boulevard

• Beach Beach ?
  • Biking Biking yes
  • Boating Boating ?
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Water Access Water Access ?

Ask fellow campers about "Virginia Beach KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $47.00

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were super friendly and efficient. The facility was well maintained. It was close to the beach (especially using the city trolly system with a stop right in the CG). Our only complaint would have been low water pressure during peak use times. It dropped to nothing on a couple occasions. Otherwise, this was a great facility with more amenities than we could use in our 5 day stay. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Asphalt
Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

There's a shuttle stop for a city trolley that will take you to the ocean front and the aquarium ($4 All day), which runs every 20 min. We also enjoyed local paddling spots and restaurants.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $103.00

Stayed only one night during a Tropical Storm. Full Patio site. Local Beaches, two swimming pools. Large store. Property extremely well kept. Employees very helpful. Price a bit high but for me it was worth it. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring, Picnic Table, Patio

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $55.00

Park is very large! Lots of seasonal and permanent rvs. Big rigs no problem. Very quiet because of time of year. Even though it was very empty they still put us close together. Don't get that. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Grass

Walk or drive to boardwalk for restaurants on ocean. Walk is 6 miles round trip.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $55.00

just stayed over night, pull thru sites, were roomy for our 25 ' R V. office staff pleasant. jets did go over head but didn't bother us. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $60.00

Great park in a super location close to the beach. Beautiful pool, nice amenities for kids, lovely grounds to take a walk or bike ride. The store is nicely stocked, and the staff is very friendly. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $45.00

So we just got back from a 10-day trip to Virginia Beach. Stayed at the KOA, and I gotta say that the staff there was top-notch. From check-in personnel to the staff that cleans the restrooms, I was very impressed with the professionalism and helpfulness displayed across the board. We had a nasty storm roll through Saturday evening. A lightning strike hit the ground across the road from us, about 20' from the pop-up that occupied the site. Not 5 minutes later staff members were at the camper. Long story short, the father in the camper got zapped by the electrical discharge, and the staff had EMS on site within 10 minutes of the incident. From my assessment, the staff did an A+ job handling the situation and directing help to the family (who were from Montreal and unsure how to access EMS). My biggest "negative" was this park's pricing system. The site price is based on 2 people occupying the site. I didn't catch it when I reserved the site back in March, and that's on me. Even now that I look at their website, it's still kinda sorta hidden - when you put in how many people are on the site, it says that kids under 6 are "free". When I double checked the receipt, it showed a $6 per night charge for "extra" person. I went back to the front desk, and was explained that the site price is for 2 people, etc... I had not come across this before as all the parks we have stayed at have been priced for 4 people. The explanation given me was when a site is only occupied by 2 people, they feel they should be given a discount since they shouldn't have to pay for 2 extra people. I get it, Ive just not encountered it before. Shame on me for not recognizing the pricing policy. (No I'm not going to blast the park on the rating for my mistake). The sites near General Booth Blvd will get traffic noise. That road is a 4-lane, well traveled boulevard. Be advised that if you're back there, you will hear the cars. The sites in that area are well-shaded, and best suited for tents and smaller TTs/pop-ups. A good portion of the sites are gravel/rocky, which is my biggest knock on the park. It's great for shade, especially in the heat of summer, but not the most comfy on the feet. There's a few grassy sites back there, but ask when you call the park - they should be able to let you know the general site characteristics. We were in sites 149 and 150. Very little (to none) shade from 144 to 150. 151-157 have woods/greenery behind them, and 158-190 have a lot of shade. These sites are deep, but narrow. The pull through sites seemed to be narrow as well, but that's where you'll find the full hookups. The sites across the entrance street (21-59) have some good shade as well. The pull-throughs are a gravel base also. For us, 150/149 were perfect (even without the sewer) for the group of us that went down. My rig is long (~60' end to end) and we got in and out fine, though if you've got a tall/long rig, I'd try not to exit using the road along sites 158-190, as the trees that line might be obtrusive to taller rigs. We used the restroom and shower facilities near our site. The restrooms were clean and well-maintained. The showers... the showers could use some improvements in water pressure and hot water. Also, the floors need to be redone and weren't ultimately the most stable or clean. The showeres were attended to, but they need some fixing-up. We were told that the showers up by the pull-throughs were better, but I didn't feel like venturing up that far. Too lazy... There is a beach shuttle that runs every 20 minutes (I forget the exact hours), and it's $2 per person. Parking down by the beach will run you $5 for 3hrs or $10 for all day (depending on lot). We had 10 in our group, so for $20 it was a wash, and easier to bring all our shtuff. Lastly, the noise from the F/A-18s that people complain about: it's not as bad as its made out to be (all hours of the night, constant, disruptive, etc.). Yes, you're gonna hear them. Yes, they will be loud. For the 10 days we were there, only 1 night were they flying past 10 or 11pm. It did not interrupt or spoil any of our camping experience. To me, it's an awesome sound! And, if you're a man and an American, you would NEVER complain about the sound of freedom raining down from above! Heck, if it bothers you, just pretend it's the wife yapping at you and tune it out! So, at the end of our trip, the park gets high marks for it's helpful staff, pool area, cleanliness and attentiveness. Good activities and close to the beach, and there's some fun things nearby (go-karts, water park, mini-golf, Hooters and Chik-fil-A). The negatives are some of the site sizes terrain, and the showers we used. We will definitely return. For our experience, it's a "9". We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $46.00

We stayed here to attend my son's wedding in Virginia Beach. The staff was friendly, the site was level, Wi-Fi was strong/fast, and the weather was great. Overall, a very nice campground. I would stay here again. However, next time I would take the shuttle to the beach rather than my toad. Parking is expensive in VA Beach. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $45.00

Great place. The pool was closed, but looked awesome with a slide. Nice jumping pillow and place for dogs. We loved the store and the assistant manager. Wonderful place! We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $89.00

KOA Virginia Beach This was our second stay at a KOA campground with our family and it was again an excellent experience. The location was a 3.3 mile bike ride along a paved bike path starting right at the campground to the Virginia Beach Boardwalk. For those who prefer motorized transport, the VA Beach shuttle rounded right through the campground every 20 minutes until 1 AM for $2 for an all/day fare. The kids loved the swimming pool with water slides and the jumping pillow was the ultimate favorite of ours (Not to mention that Mom and Dad had some jumping fun as well). The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The campground was large and full on Labor Day Weekend but still didn't feel crowded. I would give this location a 10 except the Wi-Fi, although functional and free, was useful for extremely low bandwidth applications limited to email and Facebook and AT&T only had 1 bar at this location. Otherwise this park was fantastic and we will definitely camp here again. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $43.00

This KOA has the largest sites for campers of any other KOA I have been to. The bus service was easy to use to get around the beach area. The kids loved the pool with the slide and it was opened quite late! We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $70.00

This campground has been completely revamped. New beautiful sites. Friendly staff. Has a nice pool with slide. Has nice new restrooms and showers. A trolley picks you up at the campground and brings you to the beach. What a change from a few years ago. We will return. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2009 - $31.00

This is an excellent park. It is user friendly especially during bike week. Common sense prevails during certain events. I would recommend it anytime of the year. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $25.00

Fun place. Close to Va. Beach north end. 10min to town and all the action. Will be back. We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Tent.

Date of Stay: May, 2007 - $32.00

We took advantage of the free night of camping from KOA to visit this campground and were very pleased. Our campsite was level and spacious and also close to the bathrooms. The staff was very warm and friendly. They also had nightly planned activities. We will definitely return! We camped at Virginia Beach KOA in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Virginia Beach KOA ?